main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Living Secrets. H/L, one year before COPL. AU.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by A-Windsor, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay guys, so this idea has been taunting me for a long time, so here goes it. Tell me if you are interested.

Not much is written about the relationship of Han Solo and Princess Leia before their crazy ride into matrimony in the Courtship of Princess Leia. Likewise, there is only a little more written about Han's teen years.

My idea is to introduce a new character into this couple's lives, a fifteen year old Corellian girl with an interesting link to Han's past who shows up on their doorstep one morning out of the blue. Who is she? What really is her relation to Han?

Do you want to know? Well drop me a response and I'll write it. If not, well, no harm done.
    Thanks!

2. Princess_Leilia

Princess_Leilia Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Sounds cool...I'll be checking back soon!

UP

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    I'd read it.

4. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm pretty much a sucker for any H/L story (unless it makes me cry and curse the author), so if you're writing, I'm reading. Plus, I too would be interested to know what someone thought Han and Leia's relationship was like the year prior to COPL. I'm in!!!

5. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    POST IT!!!!! :)

6. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Sounds good
    I'll be glad to read it

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Interesting. When's it going to be up?

8. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    I can't wait to read it!! Was actually disapointed there was nothing here!!! Can't wait to find it!!!

9. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Title: Living Secrets
    Author: A. Windsor
    Timeframe: One year pre Courtship of Princess Leia
    Characters: Leia Organa, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Elle Arien (OC)
    Genre: Light humor, light drama, romance (H/L)
    Keywords: Han, Leia, H/L, Han?s past
    Rating: PG, maybe PG-13, we?ll see.
    Summary: A girl from Han?s past shows up on his front step, revealing secrets about his past to his friends more quickly than he would have liked. Han must deal with her appearance and come to terms with his past.

It started out just like any other normal morning for Han Solo. He woke up in his own bedroom with his arms wrapped around Leia?s waist as she soundly slept next to him. The ex-smuggler almost always woke up before the princess and spent those few precious moments just watching her. If she knew of his morning habit she would tease him terribly for it, so he kept it to himself.
    Right before Ambassador Organa?s usual waking time, the door chime of his small apartment rang. Leia stirred slightly, her brown eyes fluttering open momentarily.
    ?Stay here, sweetheart,? Han told her, his voice husky in waking. He disentwined himself from her long, flowing hair and brushed a kiss against her lips. ?I?ll go see who it is.?
    Pulling on pants and a shirt, he walked out of the bedroom and up to the door. Han took a giant step back when he finally recognized the person on the other side of the door.
    The teenaged girl?s brown wavy curls fell a few inches past her suitcase-laden shoulder and green eyes peered out from her smugly smiling face. She wore a plain white undershirt, baggy flight pants cut off a few inches below the knee, and a blaster slung low on her hips. She was certainly much older than the last time he?d seen her, but he recognized her attitude anywhere.
    Dropping her suitcase at her feet with a loud thud, she grinned, ?Surprise, surprise.?
    Han?s face was set in his endearing expression of astonished confusion and his mouth hung speechless, for the first time in a long time.
    ?Han, who is it?? Leia asked as she came up behind him, disobeying his orders, and laid a hand on his shoulder. Her petite frame was wrapped only in a robe.
    Finding his voice, Han made awkward introductions.
    ?Leia, this is Elliana Arien.?
    Looking from Han to the teenager warily, the diplomatic princess held out her hand and cordially smiled, ?Pleased to meet you, Elliana. I?m Leia.?
    Shooting Han an approving look, the girl shook the offered hand and answered, ?Please, call me Elle. The only person to call me Elliana in the last nine years was my boarding school?s headmaster. Nice to meet you, too.?
    ?Elle, honey,? Han started nervously, his hazel eyes flicking back and forth between the two young women. ?What the hell are you doing on Coruscant??
    ?I didn?t have anywhere else to go. You are technically still in charge of me.?
    Considering the hour, Leia hid her surprise fairly well. Han felt like hitting his head against a wall numerous times. Perhaps a blaster to the brain would be a better way to go.
    ?Han, perhaps we should move out of the doorway,? Leia said gently, noticing the strange stares they were receiving from passersby.
    ?Yeah, right, come in, Elle.?
    Elle sighed in amusement and rolled her eyes, picking up her bag and brushing past the galaxy?s most famous couple. Setting her bag on the ground gently this time, she took a seat on Han?s couch in his compact seating room and folded her hands behind her head.
    ?I expected your place to be a little bigger and a little messier, Han,? she commented, glancing towards him. ?You?re getting to be pretty well off, judging by the size of your checks recently.?
    No amount of Jedi or diplomatic training could mask Leia?s surprise and confusion this time.
    ?Checks?? she managed.
    ?Boarding school tuition, a bit of pocket cash,? Elle answered nonchalantly, continuing her visual survey of the apartment.
    Han just got more and more uncomfortable.
    ?Han, may I speak with you in the bedroom??
    She stalked towards the bedroom without waiting for an answer.

10. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Ohh I wonder of how much of that is true??? If so what is she doing there??? Oh so many questions, please post soon.

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Awesome beginning, A-Windsor! I like the time period you've chosen, too... But above all things, I'm curious to see what Elle wants...

Can't wait to see what happens next! :)

12. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey, if you guys, through the course of this story, could see how my H/L writing is I'd be much obliged. That is my weakest romance writing, though my favorite couple. Thanks for being interested!!

13. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    This is a great story! I am very happy to see she is not Bria's kid... *snickers* But she sounds like she is trouble with a capital T! ;) I can just see Han trying to keep a teenager out of trouble on Coruscant! (Boys, bars, etc.) He can't even stay out of trouble himself!! LOL :D Can't wait for your next post!

EDIT- Now that I think about it, that was a very nice thing Han did, agreeing to help this little girl. Leia should not be so snippy about it!

14. Jedi_OrganaSolo

Jedi_OrganaSolo Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2003
    Great begining! :)

15. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Ooh, I'm intrigued! :)

16. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Coming back into the living room, Han watched Elle play with the statuette of the Corellian goddess of luck.
    He cleared his throat and she jumped barely visibly, quickly regaining her cocky atmosphere.
    ?Yes?? she asked, placing the hand sized trinket back on the coffee table.
    ?Are you in trouble?? he questioned, sitting down next to her and trying his best to look nonchalant.
    ?Depends on your definition of trouble. What kind of trouble do you mean? There?s legal trouble, financial trouble, moral trouble, trouble with, uh, pregnancy??
    ?Good Lady Luck, you?re not!? Han cried, jumping up.
    ?Han! Of course not. Force no! Show a little faith, man. I?m only fifteen!?
    Letting out a relieved breath, Han sank back onto the couch, leaning back against the sofa. ?So, are you in the any other types of trouble you listed??
    ?Uh, no, not really. Just some homeless trouble.?
    ?What happened to that boarding school I?ve been paying for for nine years? Chewie said it looked pretty good. When I was there it didn?t seem too bad.?
    ?It was okay, as long as you didn?t have an opinion differing from those of the headmaster and staff.?
    ?Oh no, Elle, you didn?t inherit your mother?s radical views, did you??
    She smiled. ?Guilty. Though it seems you are a bit of a radical yourself. I?m not going to even start about the radical views of your girlfriend.?
    ?Guilty,? Han grinned. ?So what happened? Did you run away from the school??
    ?No! I?m not that stupid, Solo. I got kicked out.?
    ?You got kicked out?!?
    ?Apparently there was something wrong with being anti-Imperial and anti-Diktat in my school.?
    ?Are your anti-Imperial views also pro-Republic views??
    ?Yeah, I guess,? Elle answered, looking sidelong at her guardian and chuckling.
    Han nodded as he returned her glance. ?I guess you?re okay, then.?
    ?Tell your girlfriend that.?
    Han really needed to get out and work on the Falcon. He cleared his throat and stood. ?Um, I?m gonna go check on Chewie and bring him up here. I?ll be back in an hour. We?ll figure stuff out then.? He grabbed his holster and slung it around his waist, tugging on the butt of his Blas Tech to make sure it was firmly in place.
    ?Okay,? Elle shrugged. ?I?ll pass the info along to your girl if she ever comes out of the room. I don?t think she likes me much.?
    ?She?ll like you fine, Elle, once she trusts you. The Princess is one of those people who needs to get to know a person before she trusts them at all.?
    ?I?ll be sure to bow,? she quipped, withdrawing her own blaster from its hip holster and examining it with great care.
    ?Don?t you dare.? He couldn?t help a bit of a roguish grin from breaking through his rather serious face.
    Elle winked at him. Han turned to leave then remembered something and turned back to her.
    ?Oh, and Lucky??
    She smiled at her old nickname. ?Yes, Solo??
    ?Stay out of trouble.?
    Elliana ?Lucky? Arien beamed and sloppily saluted as Han walked out the door, thinking perhaps this wasn?t the best idea.

Han just left Leia and the keeper of his secrets (who happens to be a talkative teenage girl) in the same apartment.... alone. Next chapter should be interesting!!!

17. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    OHHH A teen with a secret that someone doesn't know. This should make for an interesting next read!!!!

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Very interesting idea so far, A-Windsor! 'm definitely hooked. ;)

19. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Oh boy! Another post so fast! Han wasn't thinking leaving her alone with Leia, was he? LOL

20. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Great story!!!! YEAH, another Han and Leia fan fic with a twist!

Two females in the same room, uhmmm, what will that talk about?

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
  22. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Wonderful beginning and very interesting too
    I'm hooked!

23. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Here you go guys. Um, remember it's AU. I have NO idea what Han's childhood was like, so I'm making it up as I go along. Strap yourselves in, Elle likes to talk...

After Han was gone, the dullness of the room settled in around Elle and she flipped on the Holonet, searching for something to occupy her as her other hand idly played with her blaster.
    ?Where?s Han??
    ?Well,? Elle sighed, turning around to face the princess who had emerged from Han?s bedroom. She looked her over once, her respectable, regal clothing and composure. The teen decided this woman most definitely was not Han?s type. Sure, she was beautiful and young (young had always been Han?s style) but besides that?. A princess and a guy like Han? ?He made this lame-ass excuse about going to get Chewbacca and ran like hell to get away from all of this. He?s not good with tense situations. Most likely he went off to work on the Falcon. Does he still do that when he?s upset? He spent almost two days straight in there at a time when my mom and dad died. Especially when my dad died. After my mom died, I remember him sitting me up on the top of a shaft and having me hand tools down to him. He said it would take my mind off of things.? She stopped abruptly, looking around nervously. She obviously wasn?t comfortable with the topic she?d subconsciously landed on.
    Han?s ?girl? smiled, but Elle wasn?t sure if it was just for show or genuinely sympathetic. ?How did they die??
    ?I?d rather not talk about it,? Elle mumbled, turning around to face the Holonet projector once more.
    ?Understandable. So you?ve know him for a long time??
    ?All my life. He and Daddy were best friends, grew up on the streets together. That?s why he grudgingly took me under his wing. Us orphans got to stick together??
    Elle trailed off when she saw the surprise in Princess Leia?s eyes. ?You didn?t know he was an orphan?!?
    ?No?. Han isn?t one to talk about his past.?
    ?Oh Good Lady Luck! Sit down, sit down. I swear he is infuriating half the time. Those notes of his?.. sometimes I just wanna smack him upside the head for being him.?
    ?So he writes you often?? Leia asked, taking a seat on the sofa next to the exuberant girl.
    ?Every other month, when he can. If he remembers.? She grinned. ?He?s talked about you in his messages for a few years now, vaguely.?
    ?Did he now??
    ?Force yes. I never expected Han Solo to be anywhere close to settling down in the slightest of ways. But you?? Elle leaned in conspiratorially and winked. ?I think he?d marry you, if the thought ever came to him.? She swore she saw the princess blush in the faintest way. ?Which it might not? The part of society we were born into doesn?t get married for love. My parents were in love, but they only got married ?cuz I was on the way. Not that love and marriage ever did them any good.?
    This teenage girl was impossible for Leia to figure out. She was trained in analyzing and talking to people and she just didn?t know what this girl wanted. Her constant references to her parents came easily, but when pressed on the subject she shut down immediately. Adults Leia could easily handle. Teens were just too damn confusing.
    ?What happened that ended you up here??
    ?Got kicked out of school for my political views,? Elle shrugged. ?Anti-Imperial didn?t sit well with my school?s higher ups.?
    Leia nodded in understanding.
    ?Listen, I know you?re a little wary of me, but I swear I?m not here to hurt anyone. I?m just a kid whose trying to figure out where the hell she?s gonna end up in life.?
    ?I just can?t see Han being responsible for a child?s life,? Leia admitted.
    Elle laughed. ?Why do you think I?ve spent nine years in boarding school? The crowd my parents and he ran with? they weren?t a real domestic bunch. Life was fleeting and lived hard and fast with no regrets. I was the only kid in the whole group that was kept by my parents. All other babies born were shipped off to orphanages. Sadly, when my mom made out her will with guardianship of me, Solo was the most responsible guy she knew. Daddy would?ve wan

24. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Bi-polar LOL... Well, now we have her backround... what next? If I was Leia I don't think I would leave her alone in their home.

Good post!! :)

25. Jaina-Jen

Jaina-Jen Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2003
    Ohhhh, melikes!

I'm hooked! Interesting background... I don't know anything about Han Solo's past either so your guess is as good as mine!

Looking forward to the next post!

!Jen!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.