main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Living Secrets. H/L, one year before COPL. AU.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by A-Windsor, Jul 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    *sighs* I just knew this little girl was going to lead the boy astray! Great Post! :D

2. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Ohh 'I have a bad feeling about this.' Isn't this the time in the saga for that line? Or maybe...'Hey it's me.' Oh this can't be good.

3. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Why do I get the feeling this can't be good?

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Great post. I don't know what I want to read next! I think I want to hear about the trouble that's bound to ensue. :p

My theory on why the EU authors did what they did: They just didn't know how to deal with the change in pacing that children created in a SF story. Fanfic allows for different pacing to begin with, and lets these things be explored.

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

5. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Great postie girl!!! Post soon! :) ;)

6. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Solo_Fan: Indeed I hope not. :) C'mon! She's not TOO bad.... *evil laughter*

Jaina_and_Jag: I believe the answer to your question is trouble.

GreatOne: Omniscient, are you? :)

starwarsfan68: Oh, I have a bad feeling about this...... ;)
    Trust me...

J_M_Bulldog: It will be good, depending on whose opinion you take....

Daughter_of_Yubyub: Interesting insights. I believe I concur... :)

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Not as soon as hoped, but here it is!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!

Now on with the show, yes? Hehe. I decided to go to Han and Leia and torture you longer to find out what happens with Elle and Ri'n.

?I thought he?d never leave,? Han groaned as Leia sank onto the couch next to him.

?He was quite verbose,? Leia sighed.

?Elle?s out occupying that boy, so what do you want to do??

The princess shrugged, curling against Han?s side in near-exhaustion.

Han smiled and stretched his arm around her shoulders, enjoying just being alone with her.

?Han, I?ve been meaning to ask you?.? Leia?s voice cut through the comfortable silence.

?Yeah, sweetheart??

?What happened to Elle?s parents?? she asked the question that had been burning in her mind since her first conversation with the girl.

?They were murdered.? Han?s voice was low and cold.

?Both of them?? Leia gasped.

?In cold blood. Criminal politics.?

?Why??

?There was this king pin, Shiler. Every con, scam, crime, anything otherwise illegal that happened in Coronet went through him first. Everyone gave a percentage of their profits to Shiler. Except Fortune and Grace. Fortune was the best conman I ever met. Better ever than Lando. He even scammed Shiler out of his percentage. By association, Grace, by far the best pickpocket in the city, kept her profits, too. Shiler knew what was happening, but circumstances kept him from taking care of the problem until Elle was two. Jaycob was shot in the back of the head on his way home, four meters from his doorway. He was twenty.? His voice became choked, but he pressed on.

?Grace rushed outside to see what the commotion was. Jaycob was bleeding to death on the walk, clutching his ?paycheck? in his hand. Shiler?s thugs took the check and told Grace if she didn?t start giving up her share, the same would happen to Elliana and then finally her. Shiler couldn?t?ve cared less about Fortune?s money. It was Grace?s he wanted. If the best thief in the business wasn?t answering to him, the others might get ideas.

?Four years passed and Grace beggared herself paying Shiler his part and keeping Elle and herself alive. They lived in a one room apartment, barely getting by. So Ellinash was a few days away, the feast of Lady Luck. Elle always got a little somethin? on that day. For months she?d been whining about this crazy rongo toy she saw in the window of the toy shop she passed everyday on her walks with Miss Molli, their neighbor who watched her. It was more than Grace could afford, after expenses and Shiler?s share, but Grace saw so much potential in little Lucky that she spoiled her as much as she could. So she held off paying him, thinking if he did notice he would just take more next time. The day before Ellinash, she was gunned down in the same spot as Fortune. She had at least a dozen blaster shots in her back. Dead within a minute. Lucky was too late? No one in the neighborhood is sure why Shiler left Elle alive after her mother, but I whisked her to the good side of town before he could change his mind. Elle?s never forgiven me for leavin? her in that city.?

?Oh, Han,? was all Leia could manage.

Underneath his breath, she thought she could hear him whisper, ?Poor kid,? but she wasn?t sure. He regained his composure with his normal cockiness. ?So how about I buy you some dinner??

Oooo, it's really short. I'm sorry!!!! Lots of info to process though. And is Han telling the whole truth? Ahh, time will tell, yes?

7. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Han had better NOT be lying to Leia :eek: Wouldn't Leia sense it he he were? ;)

Good post! Glad I checked in here to see if you updated!

EDIT - hmmm. You didn't say lying... you said leaving something out, right? Ok. *starts thinking*

8. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Knowing Han's tendency to be less than open about his past, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't telling Leia the whole story. What it might be that he isn't telling her should be intriguing to eventually find out. Good job!!

9. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    :( poor Elle.

But what's Han leaving out?
    And how painful will it be when that comes to light?

10. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    I do wonder if there is more to that story. Han should be careful lies can come back and bite you on the butt really hard.

11. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    It's so sad. :(

But there's always more to it...

And I had a lot of help from articles about children in science fiction to come up with that theory. :p

12. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey! Here you go, more trouble with Elle and Ri'n!!!

GreatOne, you're on the right track now. If he was lying perhaps her Jedi senses could tell, but I never said he was lying, completely.

Solo_Fan, intriguing.... I agree.

J_M_Bulldog, yes, definitely poor Elle! How much will it hurt? We'll see....

starwarsfan68 Hopefully that butt of his won't be bitten too hard!

Daughter_of_Yubyub LOL Articles are very helpful.....

Here you are! More!

The turbolift, placed on its ?no stop? setting, skyrocketed to its destination and opened its doors with an electronic ping. Coruscant?s varied, skyscrapered skyline filled the view, insect-like ships darting between the buildings.

?The best view of a city is always from above,? Elle smiled as she stepped off of the lift and breathed in deeply. At this level the urban hair was cleanest, with atmospheric smog settling high above and the everyday pollution circulating in the lower, more pedestrian levels.

?Agreed,? Ri?n said. ?My father?s offices back home are on the top floor of the tallest building in Ki?Slate. But that isn?t nearly as high as this.?

?Wonderful, isn?t it? I saw the opportunity and ran with it.? She stepped toward the metal railing on the edge of the building, leaning over to peer over the side, at least two and a half meters away.

He watched her with an amused smile as she sighed in exasperation and mumbled about damned safety screwing up her view. As she ducked to slip under and between the bars, though, he leapt forward and grabbed her arm.

?Don?t go out there. The fence is there for a reason.?

?Yes,? she replied, green eyes lighting up with momentary anger. ?To obscure my view. You can come or you can stay but let go of my arm.? Elle pulled her arm away as he loosened his grip.

?I?ll come, but don?t get too close to the edge.?

She sighed in acquiescence and moved only as close as necessary to see. The wind increased and made her curls fly in a flurry around her face.

?It?s a long way down,? Elle teased. ?Hope you?re not afraid of heights.? She turned to see him inching away from the rail.

?No, not too much. Just the wind, that?s about to blow you off. And the clouds over there look like rain.?

She laughed lightly and held out her hand to him. ?Nonsense, Princess Leia says it doesn?t naturally rain here and there haven?t been any announcements about a planned storm this afternoon. ?

?If you insist,? Ri?n sighed with a glance towards the slow moving clouds.

His hand met hers and he pulled his farther from the edge.

?Where do you come from Elle? What are you doing here?? he curiously asked, his gray eyes seeking her green ones.

?My guardian?s here, where else could I go? Home isn?t where it used to be.?

She spoke rather cryptically and offered no explanation. He opened his mouth to ask for it, but closed it when he saw the look in her eyes.

?Han?s been great. I mean, we definitely have our issues. But he means well.?

Ri?n didn?t understand what she meant but Elle had made up her mind to try to forgive Han for their argument the previous night. This was common for them and they almost never voiced apologies to each other. Such confrontations were swept under the rug and life went on.

?He seems to care for you,? Ri?n offered awkwardly, unsure of what to say.

?What about you? Do you have a big family??

?Just my parents, my sister and I. It?s nice.?

There was another awkward silence as they nervously shot glances at each other. Their eyes smoldered with an adolescent lust, a feeling torn between being innocent or not.

Elle jumped as she felt a droplet of water fell on the back of her neck and slithered down her back. Then another hit her face and dripped down the tip of her nose. More rain started to fall, sizzling on the surface of the roof, warmed by the reflected light from the mirror ships.

?You were saying about the rain?? Ri?n teased.

?Shut up. It?s not like I?m from here. Rain falls regularly on Co

13. starwarsfan68

May 25, 2003
    Oh she is way too like her guardian. Han had better watch her.

14. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I have a bad feeling about this. If I was predicting the future, I would say that I see Han and Leia at the local precinct bailing Elle out of jail.

15. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Hmm, I still think Coruscant will never be the same.
    Han is most likely never going to let her out again if she gets thrown in jail.
    But oooooooh, think of the scandal. [face_mischief]

16. GreatOne

May 22, 2003
    Nice post! I can see her doing those things.
    (slightly illegal, slightly dangerous.) But I have a feeling it is going to be more than "slightly" in the near future! :)

17. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    heheheh, they make such a cute couple, I love how you are saying the connection is adolecent, meaning not as deeply meaningful as Han's and Leia's, but deeply meaningful all the same to those involved. :D

:D what trouble are they into next?

I love how Han can change the subject.

I'm a bit worried about what he could be hiding. . . maybe there was a reason that he left Coronet at the same time he moved Elle. ..

18. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Excellent posts!
    cant wait for more
    DM

19. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Great post. :D

They make a cute couple! :p

20. Jedi_E_Solo

Jedi_E_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    Great Story! It's awesome!! Keep writin' it!

Way to go, A-Windsor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.