main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Lobo Football

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by jedijason330, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I grew up in Albuquerque...but I couldn't bring myself to be a Blow-bo.

AGGIES RULE!!!

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Karen.................You're breaking my heart.:_|

3. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    Don't worry, it's not just the Aggies that suck. Every team that the Lobo's play suck until we're done beating them or losing to them. I'm also not very politically correct. I do hope the Aggies have a good year though. Like I've said before, if both teams are good, it is better for the state.

GO LOBOS!!!

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    jason,

i will agree w/you on one thing...the lobos do have a pansy schedule...i think they play tvi montoya campus to start the year right?

5. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Hahahaha......TVI.....couple of computer geeks at safety....

6. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    You are funny Lord_Melkor. At least the Lobos don't have to play those big money games at opponents that they have no chance at beating, like the Aggies do. I suppose we could make the schedule stronger by taking the Aggies off, but that wouldn't be any fun.

7. JediMasterOrgana

JediMasterOrgana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2005
    I don't understand why all the Lobo fans think that the "Hobos" are so good just because they been in four straight bowl games. What the heck is so amazing about getting beat every year on national tv?

8. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    OK JediMasterOrgana. I guess I'll have to educate you on a few things here. First of all, the Lobos have not been in four straight bowl games, just three. If you are hearing talk of four straight associated with the Lobos, it is because we have gone four seasons with a non-losing record. Finally, since you are my brother, I know that you do not even follow college football, and therefore really don't need to be contributing to a Lobo football thread. We Lobo fans know that our team is good, but we also know that their are much better teams out there. So even though we lose in bowl games, aside from a conference championship, what do most teams shoot for?

GO LOBOS!!!

9. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    jedimasterorgana, thank you...it is about time someone besides the few aggies in here diss the coyotes, oops sorry lobos,

jason...i am glad that you are content w/mediocrity and that you find me funny...anyways, i will admit their program is decent, i think they have peaked because unm can not compete w/the big conference schools (no, the mwc is not big time...i am referring to pac 10, big 10/12, acc, etc)for the elite players...sorry to burst your bubble but toilet bowl it shall be for the coyotes.

10. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    I know enough because I have to listen to you blather on and on nearly every day since you started your pathetic countdown to the start of the blasted season!

11. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Hey, the months in between Lobo basketball season and the start of the football season are long ones. I have to do something.

12. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    You could go find yourself a girlfriend. Like that one girl at the campus bookstore you've been staring and drooling at for months

13. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Talk to you all on Monday, and have a good weekend.

GO LOBOS!!!

14. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    lobo basketball...please...that is one pathetic program...kiss the postseason goodbye and richie mckay in a few years...i can not believe davalos gave that loser an extension because of the post season tournament...danny granger was that team and w/o him they were the aggies north...now, the aggies will be back after having been down for a while...anyways, remember villanova, i do :D

jason, i like you my brother, but lets just concentrate on football for now...we can save lobo basketball for another thread

15. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

16. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I am not content with mediocrity. Sorry, I didn't see that till now. I want the Lobos to be better, but I know they will not be. And I really don't remember Villanova that well. I was out of state that day, and did not really have a chance to see or hear the game. And speaking of the Aggies, the basketball program is worse than the football program. But like in football, I do hope the basketball team does well, if only because they dragged down our RPI big-time last season.

Now I'm out of here. Talk to you on Monday.

GO LOBOS!!!

17. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    Actually he is content with mediocre teams. I ought to know, I live with him!

18. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    No, lets not save that for another thread........ the same thing was said about the team when Kenny Thomas & Charles Smith left, yet there always seems to be another star coming along the next year.......

19. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Let me address my so called mediocrity again. The Lobos schedule is probably about as good as Utah's was last year, maybe a little better. So maybe we will win all of our games and be in a New Year's Day bowl, not likely, but it could happen. So there, how is that mediocre thinking.

20. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    wishful thinking my young friend...how is the backup qb liking his jailtime and possibly being kicked off the team?

21. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    I've only seen a little on that. But as long as Kole Mckamey or however you spell his name is healthy, we don't have much to worry about. Is it true that most national magazines have the Aggies projected to lose at least 8 or 9 games, with no projected wins as of yet? I expected them to be bad, but not that bad?

22. Lord_Melkor

Jun 15, 2005
    jason, can you be anymore heartless? that is usually my job!

23. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Sorry man, I didn't mean to be so mean their.:)

24. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    It's nice to see that we are getting pumped up for the Aggie-Lobo game. Since this is still a few weeks away, let's concentrate on the UNLV-LOBO game that will be played in one week. Who do you all think will win, and by how much.

Just for fun, we can also have predictions on the UTEP-Aggie game.

I'll say that the Lobos win with a score something like 31-10.

The Miners will beat the Aggies something like 42-7.

GO LOBOS!!!

25. JediMasterOrgana

Jul 12, 2005
    I, JediMasterOrgana, declare myself from this day on an New Mexico St. Aggie football fan!

GO AGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.