Omaha, NE Local club or chapter?

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Mar 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Anbody interested in getting a local club or chapter together? For RPG or CCG, collecting, etc. In light of Alpahcon, now would be a good time to do it.
  2. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think a local club's a good idea - i'm not a gamer, just a collector and fan, but it'd be fun to get a group together for movies or book discussions or something...
  3. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Im not a gamer either, other than video games. Not that im not willing to learn. So how do we get this thing going?
  4. banthagrl Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think we need more than 2 people - doesn't appear to be a lot of activity here compared to other boards.
  5. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok here we go. I got this thing going, I hope. Heres the current website www.omahafanforce.homestead.com and our email is omahaswclub@fanforce.net. We have to start somewhere. Let me know what you think.
  6. UncleOwen1138 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would be willing to help with a new club or chapter. I've been trying to get one going for almost two years with not much luck. I even have a website www.beggarscanyon.com. Let me know if I can do anything to help with the Omaha Fan Force.

Bob
  7. TheStarKiller Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I think it's great thst someone is starting up a Star Wars Club here in Omaha. Once the events of AlphaCon 2001 are here and gone, I would be very interested in participating. Just gonna be so busy in the coming month with the Con. But keep up the buzz. We can't keep things like this coming if no one comes to this one.

-- TheStarkiller
  8. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hello. I live in Omaha, and would interested in something like this. I'm not much of a rpg person, but would be interested in talking about the movies and books. I'll check out your websites later. If you get anything off the ground, I'd like to be a part. If you have any news, please PM me with any info, or URL's. I'll check this thread too.
  9. Jade Skyhiker Jedi Master

star 4
    excellent. Thanks for your effort paperclipx, excellent idea with that website and all.

I'm also a fellow Omahan.. well, technically I live in Bellevue but I hang around here more than there ;)

Anyway, I'll be going to AlphaCon for sure, hope to see you guys there and I'm more than willing to participate and help with an Omaha Fan Force.

we could probably set up a mailing list (or else just send reg emails) for upcoming activities or planned stuff and all. The homepage and this board here is a good place to start tho. My email is skyhiker@mail.com and ICQ is 61058274 so feel free to give me a buzz if you guys want to hang out or just plain chat ;)

I'm not an rpger myself tho I helped out with Nuke-con last year just to check things out and meet Mike Stackpole :D
    But I am an avid SW reader and play puter games alot hehe

It'd be great if we all could meet and that meeting clipx set up for monday seems like the best chance before AlphaCon next week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.