main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Local convention event i need to plug! Ascension 20th November

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Sakara, Jun 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Ok....since im most likely gonna be helping at this event i thought id plug it here as it is a local event.
    http://www.scifiheaven.net/main/ascensionevents/
    Its a one day event on the 20th November this year..They have guests from Dr Who, Earth Final COnflict and soon from other shows/films as well.
    Its a new group who need our welsh support..Not enough happens here!!
    Im in talks to get some Star Wars guests (they'll prob be local boys as this is a low budget first event..but all the same..itll be a good social gathering for us all i think)

I will keep this upto date on whats happening but be good to get the Welsh FanForce lot to this!!

2. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    um looks like it might be good i will g=come if i get the time be nice to have a robe as well for it lol joke no rush

3. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    I know i know...lol....I will get a quote done soon i promise!!

4. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    £45 is a bit steep to see the son of someone who used to be famous, who died 15 years ago!

But anyway, I think this would be a great opportunity for a get together, just a shame that it's in November.

But at least that gives them more time to get some more guests together.

So where exactly is this event being held?

5. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Yeah im plugging it now, but as you said it is november so they can get more gests. But £45 is the standard price for a one day ticket to any convention. Most cons run at £70-90 for a full weekend.
    Its being held in the Village Hotel which is just off the coryton roudabout
    http://www.scifiheaven.net/main/ascensionevents/index.php?page=cardiff_location

Literally down the road from me!!

6. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    £45 better start put some more pennys away or better still get another job

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The hotel sure looks nice! Can't say I know it, but then I don't really know Cardiff that well. You should put that link in your sig Sakara, you would be suprised at how many people read and click on links.

SO what is your role in this event exactly? Are you one of the organisers, do you work for the company organising it?

May I make a suggestion if you are. Get Gillian Anderson!

Seriosuly, I don't care how much it costs, get her!!!!!!!

If you get me her, i'll pay you whatever you want.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

=P~

8. MASTER-SITH

Dec 14, 2003
    lol how many times down boy

9. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Well since this is a first event, we've got to start small...these events cost lots of moola to organise and fund(hotels, guests prices,flights, insurance,etc)...But if the support is there then who knows who we could get.(Gillian now lives here so theres a possibility-plus if we got her you'd have to fight my brother for her.....)

I basically offered my knowledge to the lady organising it, since its the first con ive seen based in Wales since Warp2 back in 96. I really want to support local events as we need them here...As much as i love to travel id like more local to me! Im helping in any way i can basically from promoting, to advising, to probably liasing when the event happens

The hotel is lovely...plus theres an Asda next door for when attendees get peckish (you wont believe the amount of conventions ive been to on the heathrow hotel strip and the only thing to eat is Mcdonalds!!-its good to have choice!!)

10. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Well since this is a first event, we've got to start small...these events cost lots of moola to organise and fund(hotels, guests prices,flights, insurance,etc)...But if the support is there then who knows who we could get.(Gillian now lives here so theres a possibility-plus if we got her you'd have to fight my brother for her.....)

I basically offered my knowledge to the lady organising it, since its the first con ive seen based in Wales since Warp2 back in 96. I really want to support local events as we need them here...As much as i love to travel id like more local to me! Im helping in any way i can basically from promoting, to advising, to probably liasing when the event happens

The hotel is lovely...plus theres an Asda next door for when attendees get peckish (you wont believe the amount of conventions ive been to on the heathrow hotel strip and the only thing to eat is Mcdonalds!!-its good to have choice!!)

11. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I will face your brother in the ancient Welsh combat of Ra-Tassed.

Two men get into a cage! The first to kill a mockingbird, eat a Frech mango, make love to a sheep and insult an Englishman will claim Gillian as their own!

Let battle commence.

I doubt if she would do any convention though to be honest. She's way to rich and upper class (have you heard that accent?) to bother with this sort of thing. Though there's nothing to stop me from stalking her and camping out infront of her house!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.