main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Local Production Company Looking for SW Fans

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by GoldHarvest, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldHarvest

GoldHarvest Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    Our local production company is looking for Boise area Star Wars fans willing to give us their opinion about Star Wars and being a Star Wars fan in a documentary style film. If you are interested in any way, please send a PM. DO NOT REPLY HEREyou will not get a response! By sending us a private message we can give you further details on what we are looking for (without ?spilling the beans? to other groups looking to do the same thing, or ?steal? ideas - since you can't copyright ideas). If you have any general questions, we will try and answer them here but PMs are much better. We?ll try to respond in a timely manner. Thank you.

Also, if you have or know someone with a professional level camera see the link to craigs list for details on that.

Thanks
    Gold Harvest Productions

2. obi-wan_fett

obi-wan_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    I think that this would be a good idea, especially as a club instead of individually.

3. Kasey_Kenobi

Kasey_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    Hey "GoldHarvest." Yeah, I'm going to be working on this documentary here locally. So if you guys want in on an interview, talk to me.

I will be filming a lot more at CIV.

EDIT: Or PM GoldHarvest via the instructions. Thanks!

4. GoldHarvest

Feb 10, 2007
    Yes, you can talk to Kasey as well. He is our local contact for this project.

This might be a good idea if we weren't planning on doing this on a nationwide basis. We've decided to start this in the Boise area, then go on and cover other areas. To that end it would be better if the project wasn't associated with a single Fan Force chapter. However, if you choose to be instrumental in helping with the project and get it off the ground, we are more than willing to give your Fan Force top billing (credit) in the project. If have any other questions or ideas, feel free to e-mail us at GoldHarvestProductions@hotmail.com

Thank you for the overwhelming support in the project thus far.

Gold Harvest Productions

5. GoldHarvest

Feb 10, 2007
  6. GoldHarvest

Feb 10, 2007
    Quick Update:

NBO Members, thank you again for your interest in this project. We are very close to receiving the full ?green light? in as little as a few days. We just wanted to take a moment and give you a quick update as to its progression.

We are in the final stages of securing our camera and equipment and will soon be looking to schedule those interested in being interviewed. Check your schedules and look here for the date, time and place to be sure you don?t miss your chance to be involved.

IDEALLY the interview will be scheduled for a two to four hour time block. We would be most appreciative if you?re being interviewed that you be available for the entire block of time ? which isn?t asking a lot as far as ?normal? productions go (I just spent 18 hours on set for Friday Night Lights and have to do it again tonight.)

Part of the reason we?re asking you to be available for the entire time is so your club is eligible to receive the top billing in the production as a club as requested by some of your members. When you?re not being interviewed you will double as Crew and Production Assistants ? this experience will come in very useful for those going to C4 and wanting to help with interviews there (when possible).

We have received some positive feedback from professionals in the industry which makes us more excited about the project. One person wrote: ?Your project sounds interesting. This project sounds like it could have a good run in festivals and possibly release. I would be interested in participating.?

Be looking here and/or here for date and time announcements for filming. We are very excited about this project and its potential and hope you are too. We look forward to seeing you on set. May the Force be with you.

Gold Harvest Productions

7. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    UPDATE:

This might have a huge boost thanks to a local retiree who owns some damn good equipment that could help us tremendously. If the contract between us works out, GoldHarvest will have access to some incredible equipment for this documentary. More details to come.

Thanks!

8. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    UPDATE

Talked with Lew today about the documentary and it looks like he's on board. He's not looking for pay but simply wants to "dust off his equipment" and put it to good use. That is like freaking amazing. He even has an 8ft camera crane...I about died.
    I'm meeting with him on the night of the 4th downtown. Should our meeting progress positively, we'll be on our way to making this documentary a true reality. Dan, you are high on the list for being interviewed at work in your "workshop." I'll be in touch about the details.

May the Force be with you!

9. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Well, meeting with Lew tonight to get everything in motion. More to come...

10. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    good luck with your project there

11. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks Ron. The meeting went well and it looks like Lew will be officially joining the project. If anyone is interested, I need some help on Tuesday the 10th of this month at 5pm. I'm meeting at his house to review his equipment and to have him sign a release form, which I need a witness to sign also. Please take into account that this is a very serious project with very high stakes! If anyone wants on board or can help this day, please let me know. Thanks.

12. cmdrwillard

cmdrwillard Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    I can do this with you. I get off work around 4:30 so that should not be a problem. And congradulations on getting your project going.

13. Kasey_Kenobi

Feb 2, 2006
    Just a heads up that Josh and I filmed some "test footage" at his house last night. We tried different camera angles and just messed around. We need anyone who can help us with our video for the Fandemonium film contest we are hosting. Josh, we should really plan on going to a Fandemonium meeting sometime soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.