main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Local Star Wars play - tonight! :D (April 18)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Qui-Dawn, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Hello all....as per our esteemed CR's ehh-xcellent suggestion, I'm giving this little announcement or notice its own topic....that way people are far more likely to spot it....won't fall by the wayside then, that's for sure. :) Apologies in advance for the *very* short notice on this....but methinks there were a few gremlins in the works, conspiring against me....starting with my own lack-of-a-subscription to the T-C....and winding up with the fact that this one does seem to have *not* been advertised all that much, not anywhere I've ever been traipsin' around....and I do a lot of that, as I said, so I should've seen *something*, if in fact it was there to be seen. :) But....I digress. Here's the pertinent info:

"The One-Man Star Wars Trilogy", a critically acclaimed performance by Charles Ross... [blah blah blah] ...tonight and Friday night at 8 p.m. at the Second Story Cafe, 579 Johnson St. [page D-12, if you want to read the whole thing...]"

....this, of course, being from the Thursday Times-Colonist....I should presume. :) Haven't seen it yet, myself, I'm just goin' on this little snippet of info....that's all I've got, so far. :) Now....I'm still not entirely sure whether I'll make it down there....though if I do, well, I hope to see there anyone else who can make it! :D

(and, hey, what better avenue for us to recruit more willing slaves, erm, I mean members?) ;) *fiendish chuckling*

Dawn.

2. Vills-Kavic

Vills-Kavic Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2003
    I am sorry to say I can't make the event tonight... :( As well as not looking forward to laboriously hopping up a flight of steps with people tappong their heels behind me, I really can't afford the studying time... :p

I guess I will have to get my Star Wars fix at the meeting next day, I bet Hobble will be decimating some poutine...

-Vills

3. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Alert! Alert! Okay, guys, I think we *can* make a group night of it after all, if you want to.... The play's having another run later this month, April 23-25 at 8 p.m.....so, howsabout then? Certainly much more time to work with! :D *phew*

Dawn.

4. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    You just beat me to it, Dawn! ;) I just got off the phone with the Times-Colonist and asked them for more info, and was delighted to hear that Charles Ross is making a return appearance for three shows, April 23-25, all at 8:00 p.m., same location!

It's advertised as being "fun for the whole family", so it's appropriate for even our youngest member, Kelson. ;) Tickets are $10 for adults, $8 for students and seniors, and are available at the door. The show is about an hour, and billed as being "high-energy". It's definately a comedy act as opposed to dramatic, also. :D

Derisa and I have tentative plans to attend this evening, possibly with Kelson. Even so, I don't mind seeing it again later this month with the whole chapter as a pre-planned activity.

Perhaps I'll see a few of you tonight in the line-up!

- Rani

5. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I was thinkin', tenatively about trying to make tonight's show....only since it'll be on again, those three nights next week...maybe I'll opt for that instead, I mean, so long as we can reasonably and in-theory expect....perhaps?....to possibly have more of a group interested in it, be it on the Wednesday, Thursday, or probably (most likely) Friday night....I mean, if that's cool with other people, then for sure it's cool with me....five by five, here. :) Won't be that long to wait, anyway....and if more people can show up on the night, then heck, all the better! :D So, yeah, I don't mind waitin' till then....if others are game. ;) In the meantime, though....Rani and whoever else does decide to check out tonight's show - have a great time, and hey, if you do end up recruiting more newbies for the group....also coolness ;) - and be sure to let us know how it is! :) Though of course, I've already gotten a fairly solid impression of what it must be like....doubtless, a great time! :)

(told you it'd be fun) :D

Dawn.

6. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    I'm up for draggin Alakin out next week, my best guess would be for the 23rd, as Thursday is usually RP night and the 25th is a *community* fund raiser....anyone else interested in Wednesday?

7. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    At present - I should think that Wednesday will be okay for me too....don't have anything else major on the burner there, as of yet.... *raps wood for security and peace of mind* So....sounds like it's good for me, then....next? :D

Dawn.

8. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Wednesday, April 23rd, 8:00 p.m. sounds like a date. ;)

I'll speak to the Cafe management this evening about the possibility of handing out a few flyers, or at least perhaps leaving one on each table for people to peruse while they're waiting for the start of the show. We'll see what they say about that.

One thing I'd like to point out, though, is that I think any of us showing up in costume would be a bad idea. As we are the ones being entertained, and not the entertainment itself, I wouldn't want our group to be detracting (or distracting) from the one-man show, and I doubt the actor himself would appreciate it, either. ;)

So everyone, out of courtesy, no costumes, please. :)

Cheers,

- Rani

9. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Ah, drat. And by that I mean, sure, no prob....totally understood. :) The flyer idea would be cool, though....good luck with that, and I hope it works! Though of course....I guess we'll hear all about it tomorrow at Alzu's, huh? ;) Have fun!

Dawn.

10. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey, so....is it true that he'll be bringing the play to Vancouver? If so, when? My brother lives over that-a-ways, and I gather that when my mom told him about this one-man show he was *incredibly* gung-ho interested in the whole thing, definitely curious and excited and for sure wanting to know more, in any case....also was probably pretty bothered to think he'd be missing out on a great show....so if it's coming to Vancouver, great, so much the better - he'll be delighted to hear it! :D

Dawn.

11. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    The actor gave me his e-mail, so I'll be asking him soon for his tour schedule so that we can give him some free publicity within FanForce. ;) I'll post the schedule here when I hear back from him, so you can let others know about it.

- Rani

12. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    So any word from Mr Ross, Rani? :)

And who all is going, then? How many seats are we saving? :) Roll call!

*Derisa*

13. C4-One25

C4-One25 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    Alakin and Myself will be attending.

14. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    I will be able to go on my own two feet, I will try my best to make it. Maybe if I sleep with my math text as a pillow I will remember even more...

Janitor and I will be there!

-Vills

15. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Me! Me! I am *so* going.... So, what time would be best to get down there? I was plannin' to be down there early enough anyway....but I just wasn't sure, as-is, what the plan is for that night.... :)

Dawn.

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Paul and I will be there. We found a sitter for Amy. ;)

- Rani

17. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey all.... So, I was just wondering what the plan is for tonight....is everyone meeting down there first, like outside, before going in? If so, what time should we be there? (I can be as early as is best, whatever's required of me) What's the plan, then....and I must say....*very* much looking forward to this! :D

Dawn.

18. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Paul, Derisa and I are arriving early to save seats, so I don't think we need to wait outside first. I won't be saving any seats past 7:30 (the show starts at 8:00) unless I hear from anyone specifically that they can't make it until after 7:30. I'll only be saving seats for people that have posted in this thread, as well, so if we don't know you're coming, speak up now or show up early!

So far we're saving eight seats for:
    Qui-Dawn,
    C4-One25,
    Alakin,
    Vills,
    Janitor,
    Derisa,
    Paul,
    and myself.

Anyone else?

See everyone tonight!

- Rani

19. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Ah, okay....makes sense. Excellent. :) Another quick question, though, since you've already been....what was the ticket situation like? And by that I mean....would you say maybe gettin' there forty-five minutes, half an hour before showtime, and getting a ticket should be no problem....right? You would know, after all. :D

Dawn.

20. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The situation as far as tickets goes is that when you arrive, you go up the stairs and buy your ticket. :)

Pretty cool, huh? ;)

See y'all there!

*Derisa*

21. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Last question that I can really think of right now.... (and it's not a stupid one, right? Right?) *wonders why everyone's looking at her that way*

Does the ticket price, the $10, include all taxes....and if not, what's the final total, or thereabouts? These are things I like to be quite sure of, if possible, 'cause getting dinged for that extra amount at the cashier....*always* so supremely aggravating....you'd think I'd be long-since used to it by now....but oh well. :)

Dawn.

22. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    I'm assuming that the quoted $10 is final, that is always what it has been for ticketed events. I am going to see if I can get in for that so-much-cheaper price of $8. Maybe it's to make up for the fact that all students I know need the two dollar exemption, anyhow! :p

See everyone there, I'll be arriving early due to the bus schedule.

-Vills

23. Vills-Kavic

Mar 8, 2003
    As it seems I have the misfortune of being home the first :p I guess I will report! The show was truly deserving of all the ranting and raving that has been going on about it! We must spread the word of Xodan, oops I mean the One Hour Star Wars! I am ready to be a disciple, spreading the word amongst the unlearned. :p

Good to have a nice big group outing. And of course, anything involving hitting a club after really can't hurt. I am inwardly (and also not so inwardly) cursing the exam I have tomorrow. I sigh in loss over my beauty sleep.... I guess tomorrow night will make up for that. Until then, cram cram cram!

-Vills

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.