main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Lock Down"--Stormtrooper Invasion short film--

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by burkevader, Jan 4, 2012.

1. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    As some of you know I am a film maker and highschool teacher...

this premiers to the entire school population of 2,000+ tomorrow and am very proud of the result. Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtv0jiEZAp4

[image=http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/409456_2941969074696_1425295136_33164722_1507483777_n.jpg]

2. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    2,000 + students? Wow! How cool must that have been?

3. Teague

Teague Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2006
    Well. Played.

I did the exact same thing at my high school. I mean, at the time, I was a student. But it's a captive audience!

Very cool. Fun to see how all the faculty and students got involved.

4. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Thanks guys for checkin it out.....appreciate the comments and yes it is great having a captive audience......that is how soo many people get involved eventually......they see the previous and then parties interested in that kinda thing let me know

It has built up over the last 3 years to where I can get almost anyone in the films.......fun stuff.

thanks again

5. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good video, I especially liked the number of stormtroopers that you were able to make seem present and the gulf-club/electro-prod.

6. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Thanks Fisto......yeah there was only 1 trooper during filming....amazing what you can get away with on film.........and I also filmed the students and troopers and teachers all on separate days......then all the footage mixed together for the one sequence.

thanks for commenting friend

7. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Man you SERIOUSLY needed a camera tripod for this. I appreciate that hand held creates a bit of urgency and can make production move quickly but it can cheapen a production in no time and this came out as REALLY cheap.

Some tighter editing could've helped too, but the audio and music was fine.

I'm assuming you used 501st guys for the Stormtroopers (or in your case "guy" - singular), next time you do this tell them how to ACT like troopers. Too often I find that you have the guys with the suits but then can't play the characters. Don't just get them to stand there like a num-nut shooting aimlessly, move forward with purpose! Even with a helmet on you can still put in a performance and your troop/s didn't look threatening at all.

Overall, a good effort and well done including so many students.

8. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Thanks for checkin it out Dags....feedback always a good thing