Rocky M, NC Lod-Reh's Drink Box... err, Soap Box

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Dec 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Below I plan to enlighten and entertain the masses... well atleast my fellow Fan Forcers.

And now for today's daily wisdom, "Teach a man to build a fire and he'll be warm at night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for a lifetime."

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  2. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah ok, so I'm in an evil mood today... Muhahahahaha!!! [face_devil]

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."
  3. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Cheer up. There's a new Horatio Hornblower movie coming on A&E tonight. There was also a new one on last night.

Oh, also The Last Samurai comes out Friday.
  4. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not in a BAD mood just evil... I feel like being naughty. Oh and Cam and I are planning on catching The Last Samurai Friday night. You and anyone else are welcome to come with. Maybe we could do the dinner and a movie thing. And don't forget Sunday is D&D... I can feel it in the air.... I can feel it in the water... what was once lost... whoa got a little side tracked there. Anywho I have way too much energy for mid-week... I know Haunted Mansion tonight let's go!

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  5. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    The Last Samurai: I'm there. Haunted Mansion: I'm waiting for it to come out on video/DVD. I've already got the scoop on it from my cousin. The one who moved to Florida so he could be closer to Disney. He's a Haunted Mansion nut. He goes to Disney at least twice a week and rides the Haunted Mansion at least three times each visit. His review: "The usual Disney piece of fluff. This is no Pirates of the Caribbean. It's not a bad movie....just not a particularly good one."

Besides, I told you, there's a new Horatio Hornblower movie on A&E tonight. I can't miss that.
  6. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok I'll bite... What is a "Horatio Hornblower Movie"?

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  7. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    A&E has been doing a series of movies based on the novels by C.S. Forester. Horatio Hornblower is a fictional English naval officer during the Nopolianic Era. So far, they've done around seven movies and they've all been good. I'm hoping to get the DVD boxed set for Christmas. If I do, I'll let you barrow them if you want.
  8. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Haunted Hornblowers burning to death? Mesa confused.
  9. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    He was in Horatio Hornblower and the Fire Ship. Last night he was freezing. Only his hand got burnt.
  10. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Cool, please do. Sounds interesting :).

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  11. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I really would like to see The Last Samurai, but I wont be able to make it. I am on call, Dee is REALLY pregnant, etc. etc. Not too mention that the only movie I will probably be able to see until after January is going to be Return of the King. Gotta pick and choose, friends... you gotta pick and choose. :) I hope Eddie-wan can make it to ROTK.
  12. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't worry Riff, we'll make sure to tell you all about it...or at least enough to spoil it for you when it comes out on video. [face_devil]
  13. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
  14. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    The Last Samurai was in a word Epic. An amazing story that I will not get into... as not to give anything away. All I will say is watch it... even Tom Cruise isn't that bad in it. Yeah I'm going again but be prepared for the length floats around the 3 hour mark.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  15. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I dont mind a 3 hour or longer movie, so long as its good. I still havent brought myself to sit down and watch Gods and Generals, yet, though. I really, REALLY want to, but 4 plus hours? Oh my goodness!
  16. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    A lot of people didn't like Gods and Generals, but I thought it was pretty good. Of course, I'm a fan of the history and stuff, so it's not surprising that I would like it.
  17. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Yeah, I am a fan of history, myself. So, I think I will enjoy it, its just gathering the time to sit and see it. I guess I should just think of it as the Two Tower extended version, only about 30 minutes longer. :)
  18. joe-da Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, but 2 words that don't go with "Samurai" are "Tom" & "Cruise".... mesa frightened...
  19. JediRiff FanForce CR Rocky Mount NC US

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Hey now, hes a good actor. :)
  20. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Two Mandalorians are hunting an informant on Endor and suddenly one of them collapses.
    The other activates his communicator and calls his commander.

Mandalore: Sir, my partner has collapsed, I think he's dead! What should I do?

Commander: Calm down. First, we need to make sure he is dead.

( A blaster shot is heard over the comm. )

Mandalore: Ok, now what?

Have a Wicked Nice Day [face_devil]

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  21. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    When you've had a rough day, here is a stress management technique recommended
    in all the latest psychological texts. The funny thing is, it really works.

1. Picture yourself near a stream............

2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air..............

3. No one but you knows your secret place..............

4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic place called 'the world.'..............

5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity........

6. The water is crystal clear.............

7. You can easily make out the face of the person you're holding underwater.............

Feel better? Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill them.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  22. Lodreh Force Ghost

star 4
    Daily Wisdom ~ Time leaves no face unscarred; but pain, bitterness, loneliness, and terror leave crueler marks.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
  23. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
  24. eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Not gonna be able to make it for ROTK. My wife is on call so I have to be around to watch the kids. We will probably go see it that Sunday when we have a baby sitter. By the way, is it to early to ask if any of you are doing anything in Rocky Mount for new years? My wife has decided she wants to go dancing that night, and well this Jedi does NOT dance. She is going with a freind and if I can get a sitter, I told her I would probably just go somewhere alone.
  25. Entropy Jedi Master

star 4
    A friend that I haven't seen in a few years invited me to her New Year's Eve party. So I might be in Ohio. If I don't go to Ohio, I'll probably be at a club here in Roanoke Rapids where some other friends are playing.

PS - Eddie you should at least give dancing a try. Heck, even Riff got out on the floor and shook his bootay to ABBA's "Dancing Queen".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.