main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Lodreh's Secret Stash is Open for Business

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lodreh, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    We have made it through another year guys. We have welcomed new friends and are saying good bye to old ones. We have shared in our passions and have grown to respect each others differences. We have made a few mistakes along the way but accomplished so much more. I raise this class of Blue to you my friends. May this year prove more interesting and profitable than the last ;).

Cheers,
    Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

2. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Glad you're back from abroad!

3. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Thank you. France was left intact... and my issues with the French have been appeased at least somewhat. I admit, the countries abroad are not as different as you would think. The more sites we saw only increased the idea that we are not so dissimilar. Perhaps there is a chance for us...

All we have to do is have everyone learn English... call it the new trade language if you will... the only place where people refussed to speak English was France... though I think they still understood...

/snicker Yes, sign language is universal.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Glad to have you home, Lodreh.

5. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    LOL glad your back dude.

6. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Welcome back! I cant wait to hear about your trip! And PICTURES!!!! I want to see PICTURES!!!

By the way, did you score us any Absinthe?

7. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    All rumors and myths shall be dispelled and the more interesting truths confirmed... in due time... including but not limited to my single status... Absinthe and "Hash-brownies".

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

8. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Welcome back. I'm looking forward to hearing more.

9. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    By the way, Joe-da has some new pics for you to get up on our website for members. I imagine he will be sending them to you sometime very soon.

10. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Yes, just let me know if I send them to your regular email.

11. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    E-mail will be fine o-furred-wan.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Yay! CW will be soooo happy to finally be up on the members section. :D

Now maybe we can get that special idea for the members page working. :D

13. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Lights went out at work today right before I was going to send them... I'll send them in the morning.

14. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    WELCOME BACK
    welcome back
    WeLcOmE BaCk

15. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Pics have been sent!

16. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Thank you all. I shall update the site later in the week... work has been a bear so far...

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

17. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Its just going to be good to have you and Mordtat back doing the HALO thing with us again. :D

18. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    What can I say about my Euro-trip? I left with a few expectations and came back with understanding and a girlfriend. I was really amazed at how countries so far apart still have a similar look and feel to them. For the most part the people were very nice and accommodating. I learned a lot about past conquest, military strategy, and the horrors of war but I also saw how people can grow from their past. A few points of interest I enjoyed were ?Ronnie Scott?s Club?, ?The Last Post?, ?St. Martin?s in the Fields?, the Imperial War Museum and the French beaches of Normandy.

Truths verses myths... Absinthe is still underground... though not illegal per se it is still hard to get a hold of. ?Hash-brownies? do not exist in Amsterdam. It is legal to buy, sell and smoke in the city but you can not add it to food or drink. The Red Light District looks like a buffet for any horny guys.... likewise, gals would be well advised to travel with a guy or else be propositioned on every corner.

Now to clear up some confusion... I met a lovely young lady while on the coach. Through the course of our travels we began seeing quite a bit of each other... outside of the scheduled tours. I am pleased to say things have been going well in the short time we have spent together. She likes Star Wars and if things continue to improve I?ll bring her to the next meeting. Well that?s all I have time for... Lodreh out.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

19. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Glad to hear things went so well for you!

20. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Most excellent, my friend!! Though, I admit, I am bummed to hear about the Absinthe. :(

21. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    Lodreh wrote: "the only place where people refussed to speak English was France"

That is not true and is a biased opinion. However, from what I have learned and been told by others, Germany is the place where they will most likely speak German to you even if they known English.

Also, keep in mind that the further you get away from Berlin in Germany and Paris in France the better the attitudes towards Americans will show. For the most part, Europeans love Americans its only in the big cities that you will find huge amounts of hate and distrust towards us. Hell, you can find that in New York.

p.s It is not hard to learn a little of different langauges just to keep yourself from being harmed. I noticed that if you try to speak their home langauge they tend to be very happy. I learned a few French words from a lady that served my food at the truck stop in France.

22. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I am still looking forward to hearing all about Amsterdam. :)

23. Lodreh

Jul 2, 2002
    Mordtat wrote: "That is not true and is a biased opinion."

Isn't 'biased opinion' a little redundant? Anyway, I was not speaking for the entire country only from what I experienced. In France the waitress refused to speak English but understood well enough what everyone wanted. In Germany, all the people I ran into at the pubs, clubs, and our hotel spoke English. So what said was true... based on my personal experience... or 'from a certain point of view'.

Lod-Reh SaJon ~

24. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    Maybe you shouldn't state something to be true when you have little experience compared to others. When you said France, it could easily be taken for all of France. What I posted came from information from professors and others that have spent years of amount of time in Europe. One of my geography professors has lived in Turkey taking part in a work study program.

25. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    Maybe when you were talking bad about France at the dinner table and the guy over heard what you said, made a difference. That guy when I spoke to him after the dinner spoke decent English for a person who did not live in England or any other predominantly English speaking countries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.