Logo Final Stage

Discussion in 'Columbus, OH' started by lazer310, Apr 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hi everybody. Here is a pic of the latest.
    [image=http://lazer310.freeservers.com/swlogoreduexshirt.jpg]
    Per Colin, I changed the green saber to blue, and trimmed it down to 4 colors. Red, blue, white and black. Give me your thoughts so I can finalize the logo and get it into icon form. Thanks.

Chris

Edit: I also took out the contact flash.
  2. Jorda_Fett Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. Darth_Stevious Jedi Knight

star 1
    The image doesn't show up for me, but I thought it looked nice at the meeting yesterday.
  4. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Chris-The image doesn't show up for me either. Just a thought about where we have our name. Instead of putting SW Fan Club, should we put tfn.net fanforce?
  5. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, I can put TFN.net fanforce. Here is a link to the image
    Check it out
  6. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Chris :) Now that you posted the link, the image now shows up in your original post. Looks absolutely great.
  7. Master_MayimNaar Jedi Knight

star 2
    How about this (just a couple ideas for discussion)?
    Since we are the JEDI KNIGHTS of Columbus:

1. red saber blade changed to green (or purple)
    2. Vader hilt to Anakin (AOTC) or another Jedi
    3. the Alliance symbol to the Bendu monk symbol on the starboard wing of Obi-wan's fighter

Just a couple thoughts after I gave it some thought. If that's too much change or the consensus is that those ideas are ridiculous, that's fine. Like I said, just a couple things to give us a more unique design.

I agree with Jen about the Star Wars fan club to FanForce change. Gives us kind of an official sound.
  8. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    I would personally be for the saber color change from red saber blade to purple, but purple is my favorite color so I'm biased. I like Colin's idea of changing the hilts. That would be kind of neat. At this point I'm unsure about the changing of the Alliance symbol.
  9. DarthSain Jedi Padawan

I like the alliance symbol the way it is, though I'd also like to see the saber change, at least the blade color to purple... it happens to be one of my favorite colors as well. I think it was a very well designed logo to begin with
  10. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, I can do that. I will work on those suggestions and get a pic up within the next day or so. I doing the whole job hunt thing right now, so it might take a little longer to get the image completed. Bear with me please!!!!

Edit: Which saber would you prefer? I have Anakin (AOTC), Luke (ROTJ), and Yoda (AOTC). Let me know!!

Chris
  11. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the Red & Blue. Good vs. bad. If it was possable to put Vader's head inside the map of Ohio that would be cool.
  12. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Chris-I like the Anakin AOTC or the Luke. Good luck with job hunting, I'm doing it as well.
  13. Master_MayimNaar Jedi Knight

star 2
    I like Anakin/Luke (ANH) and Anakin (AOTC), of course, both of them had blue blades. Maybe Anakin/Luke (ANH) and Luke (ROTJ) so that we can get blue and green. Chris, what do you need to possibly add other hilts as options? I was thinking if you could add Mace's (AOTC) hilt, we could use purple. It sounds as though that's a popular color choice. Anyone?
  14. Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Master

star 4
    I vote for purple!!! First of all, Mace is just cool. Second, I love that color!! [face_clown] Give us girls something too! Well...all two of us anywyas...
  15. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I were to put in Mace Windus hilt, I would need a fair sized picture that I could scale down and rotate as needed. Most of the pictures that I use for source are from websites that show replica sabers. I checked my usual places,a dn no one has Maces'. If anyone can provide me with a decnt picture, I can put it in no problem. Either post it here, or email it to me. I'll have the next version up later today.
    lazer310@columbus.rr.com

Chris

Edit: Never mind, I found a Mace Windu saber from AOTC. I'll put it in a see what happens. :)
  16. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, here it is. Drumroll! I found a Mace hilt, have a purple saber, and changed the SW fan club, to tfn.net fan force.
    The link
    [image=http://lazer310.freeservers.com/swlogoreduexshirt2.jpg]

I hope the pic shows here, if not, the link is the same.
  17. Amidala-Leia Jedi Master

star 4
    Chris-I can't get the pic or the link to work, but thanks for adding the purple saber :)
  18. Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Master

star 4
    EDIT: I can see it now.

From Colin (he's home sick today): "Looks great, but the mace saber is coming out of the wrong end! The emitter end is the other side -- the side without the grips on it. See here:

http://www.blueharvest.net/images/ prequel/episode2/windu.jpg

EDITS: sorry for the cut & paste. I can NOT get the mark-up codes to work for some bizzarre reason. :eek:(
  19. Darth_Stevious Jedi Knight

star 1
    If you right click on the link or the image, choose properties then copy the address from the properties diologue box and paste it in your address bar it will take you to the image.
    Appearantly the image hosting site does not allow images to be linked to another page.
  20. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK, thats kinda weird. I can see it and click the link. OK, I put it on my RR server, so there shouldn't be any problems now. I hope! ;-)
    [image=http://home.columbus.rr.com/chrisspears/swlogoreduexshirt2.jpg]
    The link

There we go!

Chris
    Edit: Everything is fixed now! Sabers in the right direction, links working, life is good.
  21. Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Master

star 4
    ok, since that link I posted above doesn't even work... Here is another one.

This pic shows what we're talking about:

[image=http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/c60cd515/bc/Star+Wars/windu.jpg?bc7rYz8AHabkK62z]

See? The blade is coming out of the wrong end in the logo. The emitter end doesn't have grips on it.

EDIT: Colin is happy and clapping [face_clown] with his feet......
  22. jedibri Jedi Master

star 4
    I like it! That's cool :D .
  23. lazer310 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey gang. I'm glad everyone likes the new pic. And Colin, you are a talented man clapping with your feet! :)

IndustriumAnimation sent me this pic as an idea for a logo. What do you guys think of it? I would like to use it on the fliers that we are going to pass out.
    [image=http://home.columbus.rr.com/chrisspears/m.jpg]
    I think it's cool. Post a thought.

Chris
  24. Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Master

star 4
    I think that is very cool!!!

Colin: "Cool....but Luke's saber has a green blade."

Me again: I don't understand what the big deal is about who's saber is what color....

Colin: "It matters. Trust me."
  25. DarthClerical Jedi Master

star 4
    True, it does matter, but I always liked Luke with a blue blade anyways.
    As for the design? I think it looks very cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.