Abq Logo Idea

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by SithLordAaron, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I had this thought at work today for the logo. The picture may be lame, but I like the border. Whichever logo we pick, I vote for the border with the name around it. Just my two cents.

2. SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Click on my picture in my profile. I can't get the pic to show.
  3. ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Its missing something in the foreground though. I'll let Rintor try and interpret it.
  4. Rintor Jedi Youngling

I see what you are trying to do. That, however, seems more like a picture with a border than a logo. By Moving Mos Alba to the border takes the emphasis away from the name and place it on the picture, the least important part. A logo is a simple but nice design that aids the viewer in remembering what the logo represents. Think Golden Arches. Too much going on in a logo creates visual noise inhibiting the ability for the eye to quickly absorb the information, and increasing the chance of the viewer not being able to remember the logo.
  5. LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I like the picture, but like Rintor said, the picture is more of the focus than the name. try placing the name somewhere within the picture
  6. SirLancelot Jedi Padawan

star 4
    hows about we take the original big logo and just add the mountains on the other side of the building. i like that idea, it is simple and shows the uniqeness of the city
  7. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was just messing around and procrastinating from work so in the meantime I came up with a version for a logo.

I also couldn't figure out the link, so go to my profile.

BTW, thanks again for letting me borrow the CD's Aaron!!!

8. ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Thats a beautiful logo Wook, but unfortunately, a logo with that many colors won't work for our needs. It has to gray scale well for use in our ad, and also be simple enough in colors to reproduce on a shirt without costing a fortune.
    But the idea is a good one, and I'll see what Rintor can incorporate to help us all make a unified decision.
  9. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yeah..it is a little busy. I was having too much fun playing with it! But I like Aaron's idea of the border...could we do Mos Alba in the middle of the logo and "Fan Force" as the border on the top and bottom ? Dunno if that makes sense....

|----FAN -----------|
    |
    |------------FORCE--|

Whoo! goin' crazy with the dash thingys...need to stop with the caffeine!
  10. ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Yea I like that idea. Good thinking wook.
  11. SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Fan Force in the border is a great idea. I also loved the pic. I hope you enjoy the CD's! Everyone will get to borrow them if they want to.
  12. Rintor Jedi Youngling

Here is the latest logo. I think this may be the one. Copy and paste url into your browser.

http://members.aol.com/rintor15/mosalba.bmp
  13. SirLancelot Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i like that one rintor, but i still think it could use the mountains in the back, but that may be a bit much
  14. LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I love all of the Logos! It's so hard to choose!! The Fan Force border idea is VERY good!!!
  15. Wook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really like that one Rintor! Good idea putting Albuquerque in there. Most people wouldn't get the Mos Alba reference by itself. Like the colors too.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.