main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

lol @ [insert team here] in The JC Traveling Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthSapient, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Probably a reference back to his Minnesota days when he walked off the field while his team still had a very, very slim chance at victory.

Anyways ... this is a social thread, no need to just talk sports here, you know.

Anyone have any really good food at a Super Bowl Party? My host made this amazing lamb and black bean chili, as well as some homemade guacamole.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Wow that sounds amazing. We just had good snack foods. My mom makes this awesome Mexican dip and Fruit dip that we all love.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Believe me, it was amazing. Not what I'd ever expect to eat at a Super Bowl party, but so glad it was there. Apparently, she'd seen Bobby Flay make it on TV earlier in the week and gave it a try.

4. DRHJ9

DRHJ9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2003

DarthIntegral had part of it...He quit on the Vikings...

But I am talking about what he did on the Raiders. I KNOW the Raiders were sorry, and going nowhere. But that does not mean you shut it down and do not try to play your best. I went to games, and saw him quit on balls thrown to him, and saw him go all out this year to make catches on a winning team. He whined and cried to the media every chance he got, and acted un-professional.

To me, he is gutless, and has no class. He is one player that does not deserve to win a ring.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    I didn't have a SB Party, but I ate a lot of greasy, calorie laden food in honor of not having one.

6. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    I had dinner (pizza? I forget what I had then) while working on homework. Party? I don't have time for stuff like that :p

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    It would be you, Trika. :p Have you ever watched a professional European football match? It's pretty entertaining stuff.

Randy Moss is a classless guy. What he did in Oakland was unacceptable. You don't give up on your team. And if you think/know they're going to do poorly, you still work hard. You're a professional. I'm glad that Moss did not get the ring (though, even if he was not on the Pats' roster, I would have wanted them to loose).

8. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Indeed I have, but the greater question is why aren't you burning, yet? :confused: [face_plain]

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    You forgot about the fire resistant football jersey that I'm wearing right now. Bad planning on your part.

Edited to get rid of a [/quote] that wouldn't go away.

10. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    So I just ate some more greasy tacos.

Mmmmm.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, where did this come from? I thought it's life expectancy expired months ago.

*parks herself back into thread*

Go Redskins!

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Does anyone think that the 'Skins are going to get the Giants defensive coordinator as their head coach next season?

13. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I have no idea. At this point though I will cheer the Redskins with all my heart I'm resigned to a lifetime of mediocrity and crap that we had the first time Gibbs left.

And thank you Gregg Williams for going to Jacksonville and not to the hated Cowboys. :)

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Well, no one can accuse you of being a fair weather fan then.:cool:

15. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Nope, much to my family's annoyment. My Mom and my sister are Dallas fans.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Who likes Dallas anyways? Any team who calls themselves America's Team deserves to have their fans be thwarted by other loyalties.

17. Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi

Drabbi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    I thought America's Team was the Chicago Shamrox. :confused:

18. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    Don't forget that the Saints were America's team last year...

My former roommate would automatically pull against a team (such as the Saints) if the media started calling them America's team.

19. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I don't so much hate the moniker of "America's Team" as much as I hate when announcers/sports pundits say "tonight, you have to root for team X".

Although Dallas was only coined "America's Team" because the Steelers declined it. ;)

20. Rogue...Jedi

Jan 12, 2000
    as much as I hate when announcers/sports pundits say "tonight, you have to root for team X".

...which often goes with the former, particularly in the case of the Saints and other temporary "America's teams".

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    fair enough

22. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    They were smart and classy enough not to take the term.;) Or something good like that.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    smart and classy are always good words to describe a Rooney.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep. The Rooneys are a very classy family. Art had some issues at the beginning, but cleaned up his act. Dan is following his lead. Art Jr. was unceremoniously fired back in the day, but even still, Rooney = class act.

25. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    lol @ the Hawks. hold a team to five points in the first quarter and still lose ... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.