main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London. According to the Middlesbrough Evening Gazette...

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Az-Azzameen, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    London is a crime-ridden, car-choked hell-hole full of homeless rent boys and Uzi-toting Yardie crackheads. A filthy, over-priced and violent urban jungle with a collapsing infrastructure and some of the worst levels of deprivation in Europe. A magnet for social misfits and chancers of all kinds. A City of the Damned.

Or, at least, it would be if the mudslingers in the national tabloids gave it a taste of the Middlesbrough treatment.

Can you imagine how bleak a picture of amoral decadence and East European misery the sinister spin doctors could paint of the soulless slums of Hackney, Haringey or Bow?

How those less than salubrious vistas appear if viewed through the distorted lens of the studied and ignorant hostility some areas of the national media use to survey the desolate wastelands beyond the M25?

[face_plain]

2. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Charming :(

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    This was from Middlesbrough? [face_laugh]

4. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    This was after Szilard Nemeth (Boro striker) was 'misquoted' in the Press for making comments along the lines of; he'd been in the NE for two years and had seen only 2 attractive women.

[face_plain]

5. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    **shakes head**

Well Boro can't say much about London. Boro is a hell hole, it's one of the only places I wont go alone :p

6. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    London is a crime-ridden, car-choked hell-hole full of homeless rent boys and Uzi-toting Yardie crackheads. A filthy, over-priced and violent urban jungle with a collapsing infrastructure and some of the worst levels of deprivation in Europe. A magnet for social misfits and chancers of all kinds. A City of the Damned.

True, that.

7. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    LOL Its funny because my brother lives in Middlesbrough and is manager of the Sports Soccer up there and biking from work the other week he got beaten and almost stabbed by two lads who didn't even mug him!

And my brothers trying to get on the police force there [face_plain]

8. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Sorry to hear that :(

Things like that are the reason I didn't want to go Teeside Uni because it's dead in the centre of Boro and well not particularly that nice of place to be.

Only time I go there is for the movies and even then I am straight out of the place :p

9. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Aye its a bit harsh. He actually lives in an alright part, he went to Teeside Uni and got a lodging with a social worker in a nice part to. He now has a house of his own, but he took me for a drive round and most of it looked like a scumhole. I wouldn't like to live there

10. Dark_Elf_Queen

Dark_Elf_Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Will ya'll stop moving the rocks about in here people, all kinds of crap crawls out from under them [face_plain]

11. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I bet that scumhole was the better part of town as well? ;)

12. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    As far as I know, though, Yoshi isn't homeless.

LOL :p

13. Ameera

Ameera Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    LMAO @ entire thread. [face_laugh]

14. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    Yosh lives in a skip.. or he did last time I heard.

15. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
  16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I´m a bit scared off from what I´ve heard about the crime scene in England.
    Though, if I ask U.K. citizens they most of the time tell me it´s not that bad.

You see, I´m from Austria. I hate most Austrian ´cause they´re prawls and nazis
    ( well, a high percentage ). Especially the youngest ones from generation E ( okay,
    I´m 16 :p but I don´t see myself as a part of those ).

I´ve been in England about six or seven times now ( mostly short stays in London´s finest hotels ).
    Last year I stayed at a very rude host family in Bournemouth for two weeks all by myself, well a friend of mine joined me on the trip.
    In these two weeks I´ve noticed something for the first time:

annoying ( brutal ) teenagers- I kept myself out of trouble, though someone got crazy as a looked at him for a quarter second nearly freaking out.
    That happened not only once.

Is it true that young teenagers in the U.K.
    are very violent and sometimes even turn into criminals?
    What about Nazis / hooligans and Skinheads in the U.K.?

17. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    yes, we at FFUK also have a forum called 'Compare your Uzi' where we discuss our collections of Uzi's.

18. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
  19. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    What part of Austria are you from? Labelling "most of" the Austrians as Nazis and prawls(??) seems a bit harsh to me.

20. Stoney-Wan-Kenobi

Stoney-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2002
    Is it true that young teenagers in the U.K.
    are very violent and sometimes even turn into criminals?
    What about Nazis / hooligans and Skinheads in the U.K.?

Teenagers in the UK can be quite scary - if there's nothing to do, they get bored and start drinking, vandalising stuff, stealing cars, fighting... But there are some 'normal' ones too who spend their time watching TV and playing computer games (I was one of them :D).

As for Nazis, skinheads and stuff - I personally haven't noticed that sort of thing, but I live in an area of mainly white Scottish people. In areas with higher populations of immigrants and people of ethnic minorities there may be bigger problems. The BNP (British National Party) has grown in recent years, and they have quite Nazi-like policies. There have been riots in places like Birmingham, but these are quite rare overall.

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Vienna. Well, okay not most of them but for a country with only 7 million inhabitants there are way to many rude people.

About those U.K. teenagers:
    That sucks.
    Sounds like our pseudo-skinheads here.
    In the summer they get bored and start to get rough.
    I´ll probably/ possible be working at the Aardman Studios in Bristol next summer.
    Anyone from Bristol?

Are there many of those annoying teenagers in the U.K.

22. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    7 million? Last time I heard it was just over 8 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.