main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON London Event/Meet new people

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rabellaka, Oct 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Since we have a few new people joining our board, I was wondering if we could get together sometime soon as a group event. Some things we could do would be to watch the new DVDs, work on costumes, or just go out for coffee/dinner.

What is everyone's opinion, and what are good times?
    I'm free from about 2 pm-10 pm every day, later on Thursdays and Fridays.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I have to get to London to meet you all one of these days. It is too bad that I do not live closer as I would have you all over to my place.

3. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    im down in Sarnia, so if you arrange something and im able to make it up there, lemme know. id love to get outta town for a bit and meet some folks...

4. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    We'd be glad to have anyone who can attend an event, and for Phi and Granite, if it's on a weekend, I can probably go and pick you guys up.

Any ideas for what people want to do?

5. robinandlaura

robinandlaura Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    It would be great to meet local fans (other than in line at TRU), but with an 8mth old baby it's hard to find "free" time. It might have to wait until next May when we take time off to see ROTS.

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    lets try this again.... even if we just go to Timmy's for coffee or something like that, we have a lot of new people on the board. But not until after Halloween, I'm busy making costumes.....

7. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    ookay... i have a friend who is here who would just love to join you guys... OMG

8. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    ok, lets pick a date to meet for coffee.... it's inexpensive, children can come too, and we know everyone will be able to fit in the room (unlike my appartment)

do people like weekends or a weeknight better? Also we need to pick a time of day.

9. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    ? weekends are okay... lol :) so where you guys live in london?

10. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    How is Sunday November 14 for people?

11. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    sunday 14th... well I don't think I can make it...but im sure sheena can. We're both star wars fans hehe. lol.

12. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Hey Guys,
    A few of you who were around last year (and newbies who have read up on the some of the threads here) might remember me talking about the Darth Vader World Tour. Basically, a Vader 12 inch (I think) action figure is being sent around to the Fanforce Chapters who responded in time to get put on the original list, and each chapter is taking a few pictures with Vader at a landmark in their city. Go here and follow the links in that thread to get more information.

Anyway, I've received word that we're finally next on the list - Detroit will send him next week. The list was done last year, before we had many of our old members move away/marry/etc. So although there are just a few of us oldies left, there are also all of you guys! So I thought it would be fun if we all met to get that picture with Vader taken! I don't know if he will get here by Nov 14th (as they tell me it will be "next week"), but I will definitely post as soon as he gets here and then maybe we can arrange something. Also, ideas for locations/landmarks in London would be great, especially since I'm not a native Londoner!

Thoughts? Assuming he comes next week, when would be good for you? It would be really nice if we could get as many people as possible.

Also, this doesn't have to take away from the get together on the 14th, if, in fact we have enough people to make that happen.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If it's not here by the 14th, I could pick up Peter and Sylvia if they want to come back for that.

14. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    the 14th isn't that far away, who can make it out then?

15. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Looks like tomorrow won't happen.
    Vader should be here next weekend - the CR told me today they are taking pictures so it should be "a few days". If we can do something then (I could only do the Saturday), then he can hitch a ride with one of my parents to Toronto on Sunday.

16. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If we take pictures, where should we take them?

17. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    My vote is for infront of the market downtown :) It's one of the nicest looking distinctive London buildings.

Then again, you could always go for the London Life lawn ;)

18. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Hmm never though about it but I was downtown today for a Buffy event. Visited the comic store with the figures and such. Nice store

The library is quite the building.

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

19. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    You were at the Buffy event? If I hadn't been trying to sleep, I would have gone. My roommate was there, I was getting ready for a Great Big Sea concert.

As for places for Vader, what about the Eternal Flame or statue of Banting at the Canadian Diabetes museum

oh, and the London Life lawn is currently all torn up.

20. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    A few of the group went to the GBS concert.

And I am sure you or your friend could not miss me as I had my MR FX Mace light saber :))

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

21. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Nicole said she was sitting right in front of you, to the left a few seats, and asked about the lightsaber for her roommate (me).

I was meeting people for the GBS concert at 3, so I would have had to leave early if I had gone.

22. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    That is hilarious. Small world.

Yes I remember the girl in front of me asking about the saber. I brought it out for some of the London members of our Yahoo group so they would be able to find us.

How could you not miss a light saber at a Buffy event?

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    If I'd known you were going, I could have had those robes for you. Oh well, next time you come through London, let me know.

24. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    i am up for anything. as long as my schedule works with it. right now i have had parts sitting here waiting for me to make a replica sabre. i would also likea costume, so if any of you have that in your agenda maybe we can do it together. since i am awful at artsy fartsy things like that.

25. Darth_Menace

Darth_Menace Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2002
    anybody having a gettogether soon? This sat is prob good...being december 4th/ if you are please keep us updated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.