main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Aah Matthew, that sounds charming that does, like you think everyone's manky. :D

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well, I am from Merseyside so he may have a point ;)
    But I ain't a scouser, Warrington born, Southport bred thank you very much :D :p

Edit: Plus I am a Northerner, you know what barbarians we are!

3. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Awww :( I'm not in costume.

I could do my Shaun of the Dead but it's not very Star Wars-y

Oh well. I'll be another normalite like Tim. I'm a ceratin for this event now so I'm really excited! I got a pay rise this month too, and pay day is Friday. So yeah, expect me to have armfuls of Clone Troopers!

4. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Great stuff Chris, be cool to have you there. Anyone else from Midlands coming or just you?

5. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Matt, it's exactly a year ago today that you, I and Raj Vader saw the last Digital showing of ROTS at Odeon Leicester Square, wow, how time flies!!! C U on Saturday

6. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Pass outs - you know. Ifyou need to go outside!

7. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Oh! Sorry, I had a daft moment there ;)
    Hope they do have them, it may be necessary to go out at some point, and people may want to get food outside.

8. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Honestly not sure Tim. I think Phill might be. I think Dave said he was seeing The Who that night or something? He said it in the car on the way to his house. Mark usually makes trips down to these but I'm not sure about him either

We shall see on the day I suppose. I'm excited to meet those of you I haven't :) and those of you I have it will always be a pleasure.

I've spoke to a couple of people via email and I know 1 guy who has his stall there. I think I may be spending mucho money this saturday!

Matt (the Tice Matt that is), will your artwork be for sale?

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Great news that you can make it Chris. And yes, my art will be on sale again. I have two new pieces (see website for details) and you're welcome to pre-order ;)

I wont be round much tomorrow, so any final questions please post or PM me tonight. :D

Hope everyone has a safe trip down, up, left or right (depending where you live) and see you Sat and/or Sun :)

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    As Matt says, everyone have a safe journey, I'll see you all on Saturday. Going to be fun :cool: :D

11. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    look out for the fat oaf in the superman shirt.
    that'll be me!

12. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I got Saturday off from work....so I will be going [face_dancing]

13. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    I am about to go get my train to come down to Londinium. wooooooo.

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    What would be the best time to turn up?

I can get there easily
    But is there an advantage of going there at 9 when it opens?

Will the celebs be there from the start?
    Will tickets for Christopher Lee's talk thing be available early?
    Will Matt need help with the table early?

If not, I'll just turn up about 11

I just don't want a situation where I'd have to spend half the time I'm there queueing up
    Especially when big-names like Carrie Fisher are there, they will be popular

15. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Christopher Lee has cancelled.

Word is that he hurt his leg. I am quite disppointed at that, I was looking forward to queing up and getting a picture with him. And he's supposed to be a really nice guy and he's a living screen legend.

First they only have John Barrowman on sunday and now this.

Next thing you know I won't be allowed to line up to meet the celebs unless if I buy an autograph. Or my camera will break.

Or Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk will both cancel.

But it's the going round and looking at stuff and buying stuff with Livi-Wan part that I'm looking forward to most. And the Nathan Fillion talk.

My main problem now is "Which t-shirt do I wear?" My brown 'Serenity' tank top, or my cartoon Pincess Leia one?

And would wearing my One Ring be too geeky?

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Anything is good Twinky

Just make sure you visit the FFUK table :p

17. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Lord-Tice, Ive sent u a PM ;)

18. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    There's an FFUK table?

Do forum members get free stuff?

The other thing I really really need to ask is, is 10:30 too late to get there by? Would all the on door tickets be sold by then?

19. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    probably not, cause non early bird tickets are available for an entrance at 11:00am

20. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm afraid I can only make Sunday, I was hoping to be there both days, but ther you have it,

Good luck to all and see you on Sunday

21. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Well, I'm aboslutely exhausted in a good way, and can I just be the first to say "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

That was awesome.

My highlights of the day:

Shopping
    Meeting Ritchie and Lord Tice in person
    Free stuff from the nice online game people
    Going to the Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk talk and getting a audio que sheet from the making of Serenity because I asked a question. my face=:eek:..............:eek:..............face_shock]..............:eek:.........
    Meeting Nathan Fillion and him remembering me from the talk. And he took a picture of the two of us.
    Shaking Nathan Fillion's hand, TWICE!!!!!
    Meeting and getting my picture with Alan Tudyk
    Getting my picture taken with K9
    Getting my picture taken with that funky guy who was dressed up as the Doctor.
    Everyone I met at the convention being so darn nice.
    People complimenting me on my Serenity tank top.
    Realising that there are a lot of Firefly/Serenity fans in England. BROWNCOATS FOREVER!!!!

I was only allowed to talk pictures OF Elijah Wood, not WITH. It would have taken two second, but no. He was just sitting there with a bemused "well, what do you expect me to do about it?" look. I get that he'd been there practically all day and so I understand why he didn't want photo posers dragging his time there out when there were people there paying for his autograph. So I took some bad looking pictures, said "you rock" and legged it.

He was in a walled of enclosure, it was like "No, he's our Elijah, you must pay the £20 quid if you even want to SEE him."

But that didn't spoil it. A totally top day. Not bad at all for my first ever convention.

Right on guys. [face_peace]

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Shame you didn't come along with us afterwards Twinky. We saw the guy dresses as the Doctor outside the station...next to a TARDIS

Got some photos of him posing next to it.....proper life-size one it was too

It was a great day

Nice to meet Twinky and the others I'd not met
    Was pleased to get Peter Mayhew's autograph....and manning the table was fun

Great to see the Rebel Legion people there....and even some from France!

Fun Star Wars talk.....Paul Blake was funny

Overall a great time

23. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i had a great day too,despite being abandoned by my posse when they all buggered off down the pub to watch england get beat,again!
    thanks to tim for the comics,matt for the good advice and edgejedi88 just for being so damn nice.
    met carrie fisher,she was great.
    and looks pretty good still,actually...
    those ukgarrison fellas are a little bit standoffish,aren't they?
    or was it just me?
    anyway,well done to you all for putting out a good stall!
    looking forward to next time.

24. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    All-in-all, a great weekend and thanks for everyone's help :D

You can see the LF&CC Photo thread for more info, but it was great meeting you too Twinky and hope you enjoyed your first show!!

Richie, when was the Star Wars talk?? :eek: We were told it was cancelled and re-scheduled for Sunday which was also cancelled.

And good seeing you again Jamie, and it was my pleasure giving sound advice, lol.

I hope we can do this again in or around London so fingers crossed and we'll do it even better next time!

EDIT: Tethys, did you make it to the show?? We were worried that we didn't see you so I hope everything is okay :)

25. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Michi and I had a brilliant weekend! Thanks to the FFUK!!! :D [:D]

It was absolutly great meeting you all!
    Special thanks to Matt for everything! [:D]
    Great work with the table, brilliant dinner on saturday, too many nice things to buy or only look at. :p

I'll post a link to our pics at the other thread as soon as I can find the camera :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.