main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
  2. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Looks like you guys have a great line up for this comic con. I wish I could make it over for it but money is tight at the moment.

3. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Never been to one of these, but I shall be there, if only to say hi to Lord Tice and the gang!

4. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    OK - count one Jedi in costume for London too! I'll be with TimB.

Will rally the Northerners to see if there is any interest...

I will however be collecting for the Starlight Childrens Foundation Charity on both of the days, unless anyone has any problems with that?

www.starlight.org.uk

5. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Welcome aboard Jase :D
    Getting as much support and visitors from the other chapters would be great!!
    I'm sure we can get some stuff planned for the evenings too.

And would be nice to see you there Steve. The LFCC wont disappoint ;)

Paul (Voren) alerted me to some new guest announcements that have been published.
    The big one being Elijah Wood

The others are:
    Sean Patrick Flanery - Young Indiana Jones & SG1
    Jerry Robinson - Creator of the Joker & Comic Book Artist
    Kenneth Cope & Marty Hopkirk - Randell & Hopkirk

The Mark Hamill rumours are interesting. I know for a fact that Mark Hamill has been linked to a SM event for years, but it seems his price charging policy is the main put-off for SM, and I don't blame them. £60 for an autograph is too much but I should point out this may be speculation only.

6. Carn_Helving

Carn_Helving Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2006
    Looks like a fantastic line up. This is going to be my first convention:), so looking forward to it.

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Welcome CH.
    Are you going to meet up with those of us who go?
    (I hope to go if I have the money.)

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Welcome to the boards Carn_Helving :D
    For a first convention, not a bad one I must say ;)
    We aim to have a table advertising this forum so you're welcome to join us for a chat. Keep checking for more details and if you have any questions, just let me know.

9. Carn_Helving

Mar 21, 2006
    Thanks Lord_Tice :) If everyones meeting up there i wouldnt mind taging along. Im looking for a Jedi robe for the convention but just got outbid on E-bay :(

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yep, we will definitely be there in some capacity. Over the coming weeks we should hopefully have most things sorted. And there will be a few of us in full costume too, including our very own Vader :D

Sorry about your Ebay lose. Hopefully another one will come up shortly but good luck with the costume.

11. Carn_Helving

Mar 21, 2006
    your own Vader :D cant wait to see that. Are most people going on saterday (July 1st) or Sunday (July 2nd)?

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Darth_Konikus (Matt?) - that will be so cool!!!!

Cant wait to meet the Dark Lord himself! He was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. However, if he attempts to strike me down, I shall become more powerful than he can possibly imagine...mwhuuaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Ben K's in the house - and the sly old dog has a blaster up his sleeve! (how uncivilised...o_O)
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/collectormania%20feb%202006/Jediwithblaster.jpg]

13. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Darth_Konikus (Matt) is the man with the stunning Vader suit, so I hope after I've built everyones hopes up he will be able to attend now ;)

Most of us will be there for both Saturay and Sunday, so whatever day you decide to come Carn, we'll be there :cool:

A blaster!! very sly of you Old Ben :p

14. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Cool, what day you going Ritchie?

15. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure yet
    Depends when everyone else goes

and/or what day the best guests are

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    !!!!!!!!NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!

We have managed to secure a free of charge table at this year's London Film & Comic Con and later on at the Collectormania G-Mex 2 show in Manchester :D

Please give a huge thank you to Paul (a.k.a Voren) who was able to discuss things with the Showmasters team, and also a huge thank you to Jason Joiner for his very generous offers [:D] :)

However, we still have to work very hard. We need to make these tables spectacular!! We can do this firstly by getting as many members as poss manning the table throught-out the show, and even better if they are in costume ;) Heck, I may even get my Jedi robes out of the closet.
    Secondly, we need to dress the table and backing wall so that we stand out and attract the curious folk. I'm open to all suggestions, and of cause I will see about getting some of my artwork used as posters/banners etc.

The idea is for us and Showmasters to form a partnership which we can both benefit from. Showmasters love our efforts and fandom nature, and value what we are already trying to do. So if you have personal websites, it would be a great start if you could start linking to the Showmasters webpages.

Please feel free to post or contact me if you have any suggestions or questions. Let's get things moving :D

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    WICKED NEWS!!! My armour is on it's way too so you'll have a scout trooper there too. And I can always take my jedi outfit too if I fancy a change. Matthew will definetly be wearing Vader. I can't wait , especially with the dissapointment of not be able to make it to Germany. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!![face_dancing]

18. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    We'd need something big to go in the center of the table that would aract attention. Anyone got any props or anything that we could use?

I'll be there, all Jedi'd up :D

19. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    great - beginning to take shape and looking HOT! Well done dudes!

There will also be some Jedi in costume from the French Rebel Legion Base too on the Saturday (they are coming to worship at the alter that is Carrie Fisher [face_love]), so its gonna be one busy stand I can see, with no lack of people willing to help man it.

[face_dancing]

20. Carn_Helving

Mar 21, 2006
    I would love to help out with your table but im only 15 and i guess thats to young?? Thanks to the help of Edgejedi88 i managed to get a Jedi robe for the convention. I'll be going on the Sunday as i'll be busy on saterday and cant make it :)

21. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Just got my leave confirmed so I will definetly be there. Do you want a Vader for both days? (it gets very hot in there. Mind you, I could be bribed with a couple of cups of tea through the day ;) ).

22. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    If you anyone has a manakin or soemthing, you could put vader on that, just to attrtact attention.

23. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    [face_coffee] [face_coffee] [face_coffee] [face_coffee] [face_coffee]
    Is that enough Matt?

24. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Great news :D
    I think we can't thank Showmasters (Paul and Jason) enough, for their kindness and generosity.
    So FF-UK: London has a focal point at the show :)
    I may be able to get some stuff for the table (Matt knows what I mean, I can't post the details really on here, am waiting on someone), but I think it would be nice to have -

a) stuff on the table that people can pick up and take away - leaflets, business cards, etc. You guys are lucky in having Matt as both a member and the CR of FF-UK: London, he really is a great artist, and that will be a bonus when it comes to stuff like this ;) :cool:

b) Something to really show all the various parts of Fan Force - not just the fact we meet in real life, but the creative side of FF, like Fan Art and Comics / Fan Fiction / Fan Film / Costuming / etc, so maybe there could be some of that available for people to see.

25. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    I can print some stuff at my school, one of the perks of taking graphics. I have a few star wars comics such as
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/Ell_the_Ewok/ewokscomiccopy.jpg]
    Ewoks
    and I'll do some more over the holidays.

Also, does anyone have laptop or PC we could use? Have asideshow of pictures and videos from meets etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.