main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    I have a laptop but we dont have ant videos and only a few photo's. Besides, I dont think my insurance would cover something like that.

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Theres a few videos of Yoda at the JW concert

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    :eek: Hope they arent the rude ones!!! :eek:

He is still sat with me traumatised.

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    For security reasons, a laptop may not be wise just incase some tea leafs are about.
    Talking of tea, you drink more then me in one day Matt. I'm shocked :p

Koren , Excellent news about your Trooper costume :D
    Can't wait to see it. And Matt, if you only wear your Vader suit for one day, make sure it's the Saturday!! But you can wear it both days if you like, or wear your latest Sith Costume on the Sunday. I'll let you decide ;)

Carn , you can still help out or just drop by for a chat. You have to be 13+ to attend meets here, so your age is no problemo!!

Tim Thanks for the kind words [face_blush]
    I'm going to start getting some printing quotes soon. But I agree that having things like Ell's work, my work and anyone else who wants to show something can have it neatly sprawled on the table.

And one more thing, the FF-UK:N have Yoda with flatcap as their mascott, so we need a London mascott :p
    I'm thinking something like........[face_monkey] ;)

5. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hey Matt - how would this guy look for you...?

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/JediMonkey.jpg]

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    That's a very good start Jase ;)
    I'm hope to have some additions to this theme next week.

I've also begun working on a brand spanking new costume this weekend. It will be a while before it's done, and it's based on an Anakin RotS Conceptual design. So far so good and the aim is to have it ready for July 1st.....please carefully note that I haven't said which year though :p

7. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    I'm sure Matthew could knock up a vader cape for Malak if a ferret was wanted as our mascot. [face_laugh]
    He'd be the best looking Vader there.

8. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    ^ That was my wife btw. Korens armour has just arrived so there will deffinatly be a Vader AND a Scout Trooper in attendance. :D

Matt: If you lend me that screaming monkey Koren gave you, I will make a vader costume for it (minus the helmet cos you still want it to look like a monkey).

Also: Dont know if I asked this before, but if we have a table, do we still pay to get in?

9. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Hows this one for a mascot....?

[image=http://www.coolcostume.com/images/home_page/50103x-2w.jpg]

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    See, that just doesn't strike fear into the heart in the way a Sith should.

I just wanna pat his little furry head and give him a biscuit.

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...you should have seen the way he savaged the postman this morning...he didnt need to use his Force skills to do damage to the postmans leg...

Wait till you see his kennel...but dont be too proud just yet of his technological terror. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the 'Dogside'! [face_laugh]

12. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
  13. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    My flights are booked!
    So my boyfriend and I will be coming from Germany to give your FanForce JC-back up ;)

Can't wait to meet you folks :D ;)

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent news Jule :D :D [face_dancing]
    Can't wait for everyone to meet!!

I'll have a few more updates to post later on, so stay tuned ;)

15. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    seeing as lord-tice was so nice to invite me to attend the table at the forthcoming london con and show off my artwork,i thought i'd better get my fat ass in gear and sort out some nice pictures.
    so what makes a good portfolio,boys and girls?
    what would you like to see pretty pictures of?
    obviously,serenity and star wars are a given...
    harry potter?
    jeanette,you're a harry potter fan,aren't you?
    is there a big demand for harry potter fan-art?
    lord of the rings? or a bit passe,now?
    any thoughts,suggestions and gentle nudges will be warmly recieved.
    ta!

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Star Wars is a must and will be a great chance for you to get your comicbook idea off the ground ;)
    There's always a bit of room for LotR artwork, especially with Elijah Wood being there. I haven't really dabbled in the Harry Potter market and no one has really requested it from me either.

So to conclude, concentrate with Star Wars and some Serenity work would be interesting. And with the new Superman and X-Men 3 round the corner, that may be worth considering too.

As for tickets, it's hard to know what will happen but the chances are we will only be given 2-4 passes so my advice would be to buy your tickets in advance or at the door.

17. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ooh,x-men and superman...hadn't thought of that.
    good idea,lordtice!
    i fancy doing some harry potter based art cos of drew struzans stuff he did for the films...

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Doing some Harry Potter art would break new moulds Jamie, so if you feel inspired go for it!!

I spoke to Paul during Collectormania 9 and he gave me some table measurements so we have a rough idea of what to expect and how best to proceed with plans.
    The table will be:
    183 cm long
    61 cm deep
    71 cm high

Paul also mentioned that there is no restriction on how the table is positioned, so it can go right up against the backingboard (vertically or horizontally) if we so wish, or have it set away from the back so we have room behind the table to sit and stand etc. Trying to come up with something a bit more creative and different could help us stand out so if anyone has any wild ideas, just post them here ;)

Phil also gave me the FF-UK banner and it looks very impressive. My Uncle sayed that he can spare us one of his Star Wars bedsheets too ;)
    We also need some leaflets and I will look into doing some posters too.
    Would people be willing to contribute to printing costs? :)

19. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    I'll chip in.

20. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Matt - I will be bringing the Rebel Legion banner to go up on the backboard too (behind the table), along with an A3 and a couple of A4 posters advertising the 'Starlight' charity that we will be collecting for on the day.

Their charity website is www.starlight.org.uk so you know who we are collecting for. I am still looking for helpers/volunteers - so if you are planning on being behind the stand and looking bored - if you fancy helping out them just PM me and we can sort something.

Are we doing a table rota to cover the 2 days so we all get to have a good look round too?

Thats pretty much it for my stuff, aside from leaflets to hand out.

Its about the same size as the FF banner, if I remember rightly.

O:)

21. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Cheers Matt :)
    I will drum out a list of things we need and how much it's ganna cost us soon.

Jase - Paul mentioned he still needs to get the green light for the charity collection so might be best to e-mail him on that front. But I'll save some room for your banners and posters. I'm thinking of doing an A2 poster for the London FF, so we should have plenty of room still :D

The rota plan sounds good too. We should have plenty of coverage I believe.

22. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    shouldnt be too much of a prob - UKG do it at every event they go to...its the turn of the Jedi now!

23. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    I'll be ther for this, maybe we can tempt Ghostface and then arrange a big thank you for all his efforts on the info on The Marathon last year ? Please discuss

24. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt - I can't remember if I said about chipping in? If I didn't, then of course I'll help out, just let me know.

I have pmed our friend on the other message boards, waiting for a reply to see if you have extra stuff for your table.

25. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I meant to ask, anyone looking for a room mate for this event. I really want to go down for it, but a hotel room is a bit pricy for me at the moment. Sharing the costs would be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.