main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Regent Palace is only about 30 pounds, book online, en suite and everything ?!!

PM for details if u like

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    tim- Huge thanks for the offer of chipping in. I'd feel a bit guilty if you did though because this is a London affair but if we need some pennies I'll let you know ;)
    Hope our friend contacts you too, just let me know if/when he does.

I think I can get some posters printed for free, but the flyers will probably set us back. I'm thinking of making them b&w which will reduce costs but I think I can design an effective leaflet despite the constraints of the b&w medium ( I didn't go to art school for nothing, you know! :p ). If it fails though I'll revert to colour and will burn my degree. I'll keep you posted on possible designs soon :D

3. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i'll be getting some leaflets printed up...
    not sure what'll be on them,though.
    which helps.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt!!!! Don't feel bad, I know I am not a Londoner, but I count all the FF-UK my home and I have no problem helping any of it, in any way I can ;) :cool: I want to see us all succeed :D

No news on other thing yet :( One day I'll keep him waiting ... actually, I kinda already have lol, I best write those reviews and articles asap hehe.

5. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Tim!! :)
    Will you buy us all lunch too then? :p

I?ve been hard at work putting together our flyer for the show. I?ve been working in b&w and kept the same theme as the website and banner. I?ve put down as much relivent info as poss, without trying to cramp too much text onit. I?ve also made a brief mention of your fanfilm Matt, just to maximise our promotion.
    Overall I?m pretty pleased with it. It does the job and looks attractive enough to get some attention. I?ve even done an exclusive Yoda drawing on the bottom ;)

Here it is, any input is welcome:
    LF&CC Flyer

And now a word from our mascot:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/Jedi_Monkey.jpg]

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
  7. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Cool leaflet, and hopefully B&W will keep the cost down.

Nice Yoda.

8. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    So have you come up wioth a cost yet Matt?
    I am eager to help out in anyway I can.

9. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol Matt :p
    Well, before last week I may have seriously considered it hehe. But unfortunately I just had a change in circumstances, just means I have to keep an eye out on expenses I wouldn't have worried too much about before. Also means I may be pestering on the FF-UK more, but I am not intending to be sat on my bum.

The flyer - WOW! I love it, its absolutely what a flyer should be, puts the current North one to shame lol, and an example to follow by.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks for the positive feedback guys :D
    However, I am going to work on a colour version of the flyer just to see what it looks like. Will have it posted as soon as it's done.
    Cost wise, I'm finding it difficult to get any kind of quotes online, so will go to some local printers to find out what the damage will be. But the bulk of our cost will be these flyers which ain't half bad.

Jimbo, will you be attending the show??

After speaking to Yrol and Jule, it's clear to me that we need to capture the kids (and the big kids :p ) imagination as well. So I thought we could have some kind of table game for them to enjoy. Something along the lines of chucking a hop over Yoda to win a sweat, or maybe some kind of Deal or No Deal style game where they have to pick a box and either win something or get nothing (with Star Wars related messages). Any ideas, fire away!! :)

11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Matt....you do know just how limited the table and space will be dont you...remember our FF table at GMEX...? :eek: We will likely have to be quite selective - what makes an impact in a small space. The laptop caught attention for sure and stopped passers by...

On a good note, SM have now given the go ahead for Rebel Legion and Fan Force to do the Starlight charity collection both days on and around the table area. =D=

I will be bringing some Starlight tshirts and collecting tins and promo posters for the backboards.

I had a quote for £12 for something like 250 x A5 flyers on one colour paper with a colour print.

12. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...Ive just found about 50 x A3 AOTC kids colouring sheets in the attic that I somehow managed to 'aquire' during Ep II screenings...could come in handy [face_dancing]

I'm just trying one out right now...to make sure it works of course [face_blush]

Can you pass the blue crayons please?

13. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    'it's so hard to stay within the lines...'
    no prize for guessing the film quote.

anyway...great flyer,matt!
    looking forward to seeing it all come together on the day.
    are you working on any 'exclusive art' for the event?

14. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Does the monkey Jedi have name? :D

Cool flyer!
    One more month to go! :D :cool:

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Jase - My ideas wont take up much room at all. And we have all the space behind (or infront of the table depending where we put it) so I don't see it as a problemo. But keeping it simple will help matters I agree. The colouring idea is a good one and that's what Yrol did and it worked well. And I think we have the impact factor covered with our own Vader and Scout Trooper :D

Jule, the Mascot as no name yet, so all suggestions are welcome. Hey, maybe that could be our little competition/activity for the kids?? ;)

I've done a colour version of the flyer, plus two posters but I'm having trouble with uploading them so I'll try again later today. I'm very please with them though and will now start getting some more quotes.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Wow!

They're great

18. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    matt - stunning posters - you have done well yet again!

Cant wait - not long now!! [face_dancing]

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Excellent stuff as usual Matt :cool: :D
    It's not 100% definite when anything will arrive, but I did have a PM from our friend and he hasn't forgotten ;) :)

20. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I can't wait either, but as we all know, we have to.
    Leaflets are nice Tice (hehe geddit, geddit?).

21. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    cool pics,matt.
    keep raising that bar!

22. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Can i put my name down for stealing one of those posters at the end of the weekend? They're totaly awesome, man.

23. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Great work, fantastic artwork as always Matt.

I see Carrie Fisher is there, so it'd be rude not to say hi to her.

I'm looking forwardto meeting up with everyone and seeing DarthShredi (Charlie) again, but will he have the Evil Sith Lord from Scarborough with him (on the hunt for even more autographs!)!!!

24. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I thought about going, then decided not to.

Then i saw their latest guest announcments....

NATHAN FILLION!!!

I am now 100% there.

25. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Sweet!

And John Barrowman is gonna be there.

SWEET!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.