main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I may need more money then I first thought

2. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Would it be a good idea if I ordered my tickets like now?

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Ell - I guess you can have the posters ;)

Steve - I doubt our friend from the North will be there, you have to pay to get into this event :p

Twinky - Last year, the que on Saturday morning was pretty big, so if you want to get in early (9am) then I'd recommend getting your tickets now. If not, then I wouldn't worry too much but to be safe and sure, I would buy them in advanced.

Rob, Richie, anyone else - Great that you're coming down Rob. And if you or anyone else want to do a stint at our table, please state here so I can get a good idea who we have at our disposal.
    So far I have:

Me
    Tim
    Jase
    Matt
    Koren
    I'm sure I'm forgetting someone too!!

And I got a £85 quote for 500 flyers :eek: I've found somewhere cheaper but will get it confirmed this week.

Cheers :D

4. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Wheeeeeeee!!! Less than a month to go.

5. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    Id love to do a shift at the table Matt, but put me down as maybe as of now, ill have to organise travel before i know for certain im coming.

But i will do everything in my power to get there...

...NATHAN FILLION!!!!

6. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sure thing Rob, and if people want autographs I think it's definitely best to prioritise them first, so please feel free to get them when you want to and when you have them, feel free to come to the table for a spell or two ;)
    As long as we have one person covering then we should be fine.

And I forgot to mention Jule & Michi from my list, lol. Although they'll be representing the International FanForce ;)

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Bit like Manchester Collectormania, I think I will be at the table for the most part ;)
    I need to check up on talks being run, I plan to get Carrie's autograph (how much is that meant to be?), and I'll need to stretch my legs now and then - check out the stalls. Oh and eat :p But I think I'll be mostly at the table.

8. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Snap. Really looking forward to it - cant wait to see Darth K and Koren - their cossies look awesome and will do London proud I am sure!!! =D=

Im really chuffed we will have an international angle too on this one - great to meet fellow SW fans from abroad!

9. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    How dare you :mad: :p KIDDING!!!!

We'd be happy to help out at the table! :)
    When we are not standing in line for Carrie Fisher's autograph that is :p

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, sorry Jule [face_blush]
    I did say I thought I was forgetting someone though :p
    I had a complete mental block I think, too much sun and work ;)

I think Carrie Fisher's autograph will be £25, but maybe £20 considering it's a pay-to-get-in event.
    I'm hoping to get a Princess Leia illustration done in time for the show. It's currently going well but it's been a struggle.

11. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Carrie's is £25, i checked the prices of the guests i want to meet yesterday.

Unless im completly out of pocket i will be attending. Ill be meeting richie at the embankment and traveling with him to earls court.

Ill see how busy Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk are when we first arrive, then decide when ill get them and when ill do a shift on the table.

12. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    i just finished my 'carrie fisher' piece,although it's really a montage shot of leias story arc through the OT.
    sort of.

13. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Matt, is your Uncle going to have his stand there ?

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Steve - Yep, My Uncle's stall will be there :D

Rob - We'll play it by ear when the time comes. When you have spare time, just come to the table and see what's occuring ;)
    Ooooh, and I find that getting the district line to Wimbeldon is the best route. Get off at West Brompton (first stop after Earls Court) and when you exit the station, cross the road and head left. You'll see Earls Court 2 to your right and this is where the actually front entrance is.

My Leia illustration is nearly there, but needs some tweaking after thinking it's a bit risky :p

15. DewbackRider88

Nov 11, 2004
    Talking with a few people, me helping at the stall maybe...ilegal lol

You have to be 18, which i am not. Ill stil be attending, but won be able to help out.

Would it be ok if we had some South flyers on the stall?

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Where did this over-18 only rule come from?? That's news to me :p
    Even Showmaters allow under 18's to work as crew memebrs.

And yes, flyers for the South FF and North FF can be put onto the table too. Being a London show we're going to get a lot of people from all over the country (and different countries) so being able to accommodate for everyone will help the cause.

17. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt, I think it was a policy used at one of the Midland's meets where they had a table. I should have asked Phill last night, I forgot sorry, just had some stuff to deal with elsewhere and it went from my head.

18. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Matt: It goes without saying that I will be taking my camera, but I was wondering if I should bring my tripod too so peeps can have their picture taken with me and Koren (and anyone else who turns up in costume). If we have a few pages of photo numbers, peeps could just write their name and e-mail address next to the relevant number and we could send them the photo's. It would obviously be best to encourage them to use their own camera's but if they dont have them, this could be a good idea.
    If you think its a poo idea, just say.

BTW, I say this because Koren is going as a Scout Trooper and Im going as Vader (and possibly a few other things too). I didnt mean that Im that vain that I would just rock up expect peeps to have their photo's taken with me. I know Im good looking but that would be going too far. [face_laugh]

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Darth_Konikus - think the camera idea (professional photo sent later via email) is a great one. Would we need a table person manning the camera? A lot of people want to stand with the costumer for photos. Only prob I can see is if we are taking such pics with a tripod, we may block momentarily other tables of people, will they get a but grumpy if we do that a lot? Cos Darth Vader and Scout Trooper costumes will definitely make people stop at the table :)

Matt - Is there anyone who can leave an Fx Lightsaber on the FF-UK: London side of the table? I will scout for one at the con, so we don't have to worry in future. It'll be used for just that purpose.

20. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Me and Koren are bringing 3 FX Sabers: Vader, Luke (green) and Anakin, all with stands.

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Do you mind the general public "playing" with them tho dude? That's why I will buy one, so people can mess around a little with one. I need one for next Manchester meet anyways.

We had kids hit them together at Manchester and Ray Park try to run off with one :p Who was gonna challenge Maul with a saber in his hand hehe

22. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    I'm bringing a spare Luke ESB FX saber - it can stay on the table all weekend for me for the kids (big and small) - so long as it doesnt go missing!

23. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    They can hold them and get photo's with them but as far as 'playing' goes, that'd probably be a no. They get broke far too easily, I know this because Matthew broke one of ours when he was drunk... And believe me, he treats them like they're our babies. lol

24. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Are we all meeting up socially during the show?

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Kiz,
    That's what I thought :D If anyone can scout around before I get in, let me know which is the cheapest one there (anyone recommend which saber to get, I am not personally fussed -would kids prefer Luke's?), and when I get there I'll go get it. Not sure what time Jase and I will get in the con, I am in London friday morning-ish, but Jase gets down Saturday.

Kassy - I'd presume so. I know on Friday I am getting down for after 12pm, will drop stuff off in hotel then head up to Forbidden Planet and the British Museum (they are still near each other right?). Then for evening I have nothing :( But during con I am sure people will want to do stuff in the evening, the non-Londoners will need to eat inside London.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.