main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    would be great to all meet up maybe for a drink on the Saturday night?

any thoughts?

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I have a Anakin FX as does JV which we will probably both be bringing.

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I also like the idea of the photo shoots. Space could be a problem but Earls Court 2 is more spacious then the G-Mex and it depends where the table is put, but I think it's worth a go and see what happens. Nice idea Matt, will discuss further with you today :D

Friday afternoon/evening, I'll be setting the stall up and entertaining our German visitors (sadly we have to trek back to south-east London after the set-up, so wont be round in the evening Tim). But Saturday night would be great for an after show meet-up. We'll have at least two veggies with us (Tim & Jule) so I suggest we find the nearest Wagamamma's to dine as they have lovely food and easily cater for the veggies ;)

On the Saber FX issue, they are a great crowd puller but I'd be worried about the damage (and security) aspects. I should be able to store them at my Uncle stalls when no one is round the table, and only purchase one Tim is you're absolutely sure you want to spend the money. I'm sure there'll be plenty of other things for people to look at at the table and get involved with.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey Matt,
    Don't worry about me on Friday lol, I'll sort myself out ;) , I would have offered to help once I am free, but sounds like you will be gone by then :(
    Wagamamma sounds cool, never been to one before :D

http://www.wagamama.com/food.php

The yasai cha han (solo chewie'in :p ) rice dish sounds absolutely =P~ . Try keeping me away! :p Jase is vegetarian too btw ;)

Saber FX - security-wise, we didn't let anyone (wildly) swing around in Manchester, they
    smacked the two together to hear the noises, then rushed off to get one themselves lol.
    As for me getting one, 'tis an investment for all future FF-UK meets, so I am happy to get it, so any advice when I get there will be great.

I really wanted Pete to be here for this event, but his schedule just wasn't gonna happen :(

5. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Hello - kind of joined in on this post a bit late but only recently found out about the Con - have booked my ticket (early bird) and am coming both days - coming down Friday night so would be up for coming out on the saturday if I am invited :)

My mate Sam is also coming. Whilst I love Star Wars and will be trying to get Carries auto, I totally love Firefly/Serenity, so my priorities are AT/NF ;-)

I've never been to one of these things before - am v excited!

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey Tethys :cool: :D
    Cool to see another Northerner making the trip, that makes four of us (I think) hehe! :)
    And you are more than welcome on the Sat night thing, FF-UK: London will have a table there so keep popping by to say hi whilst you are getting your autographs, it's the FF-UK base of operations ;) I'll be on the table most of the time I think.

7. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    Cool - will def do that. Have you sorted a time out for eating on the sat?

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hehe, we are not that organised :p

Matt, have you sorted out the eating time for Saturday yet? :p j/k

9. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    The under 18 thing came about due to liability and responsibility. Showmasters have proper liability insurance for all their crew members, whatever their age.

We, as a fan force, did not have that, and as such we chose to take the step of only having over 18s who were legally responsible for themselves working at events, i.e. manning the table. Obviously anyone of any age is welcome into the fan force itself.

Still not sure whether I'm going to make this one or not. If I do, you'll probably see me sometime on Saturday :p

That's great Kassy, unfortunately I no longer have a debit/credit card so I cannot book hotels etc myself anymore. Try telling them on the phone you don't have a card and want to pay cash on the day. They aren't to interested most of the time.

10. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi guys!

Which hotel are you guys in?

I know that there is a reasonable pub called "The Prince of Wales" that is very close to EC2 and West Brompton tube. It is Halfway betwen EC2 and The Abyss hotel (The Ibis.....come on, its a film show!!!).

Paul

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey Paul :cool:
    Jase and I are booked into the Premier Travel Inn, Kensington

London Kensington
    11 Knaresborough Place
    London
    SW5 0TJ

Location and website - Here

Quite near the convention center, I am on my tod Friday, Jase is there Sat night, and I have the room back to myself again Sunday night hehe :p

I'll send u a PM later on ;) :)

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I didn't know about the over-18 rule for manning tables and assumed it would fall under the normal FanForce meet rules. But no porblem and in which case, any under 18s are welcome to pop round to say hi but I wont rope them in to help ;)

The Con ends at 6pm on Saturday, so we can gather together and go on our merry way then if you like. Most delaers just cover their stalls and leave when it finishes. I'll have to find out where the nearest Waga's is, but it's the best food in town and I was desperate to take Jule & Michi there anyway :D
    And of cause you're welcome to join us Tethys :)

My costume is nearly ready, thanks to Matt and his wonderful sewing machine skills!! [face_dancing]

13. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    wow - Lord Tice in costume! Cant wait!!!

Food idea sounds great!

14. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Err....ermmm...Tim?

What PM?

Has anyone seen the lfacc4 forum recently? [face_whistling]

Paul

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    [face_blush]

Not sent yet Paul lol, just been a little busy modding over here and jobseeking ;) , I'll check the forum in a mo, your PM first :D

Edit: PM sent ;)

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Just been over there Paul....I like the sounds of the X-Men swatches gift, will stall holders get the chance of nabbing one?? ;)
    I'll also send you an e-mail tomorrow :)

Yep Jase, I'll be in dark Jedi gear for saturday. Just working on the finishing touches.

17. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    Nice one - my friend Sam is also coming (he is a big firefly/serenity fan rather than Star Wars - shock horror.) We are crashing at a friends in Clapham though - anyone got any ideas on taxi cost from Waga's to Clapham Jnction? I don't think I dare dress up this time - I never have before but am really keen on doing so for C4. Got the inside scoop on the Return of Pink 5 costume so I'll be trying to sort that one out nearer the time. Maybe I'll stick a browncoats T-shirt on.... :eek:

18. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    Oh and what time do you think we need to get there at to be sure of being in the first 1000 people (seen as I'm not on the stall). And Tim - a bit off topic - can I have Pink 5 (any pic) as my other photo on the FFUK - north t-shirt?

Cheers!

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Sam isn't invited to dinner in that case :p Only joking, he's more then welcome ;)

Not sure how much the Taxi would be, but Clapham is pretty close to the Earls Court area but I'm not sure where the nearest Waga's is. Would public Transport be a viable option?? I can give some advice on that front if it is.

20. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hehe, I have Serenity on PSP, but still not seen Firefly :p

Looks like I am gonna be the only person not in a costume behind the table lol! :p
    Will have to make a special T-shirt just for LFCC then ...

Tethys - yes boss :cool: , I'll get on with it asap. I just had to look up Pink 5 [face_blush] :p
    Valley girl in space right? Stay on topic, stay on topic :p

Matt, once I have le package, I'll post the other news we have for the table :D I am keeping my fingers crossed it gets here before I travel up on the Friday morning. It should do, the they were fast on delivery before.

21. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    Can't believe you haven't watched Pink Five - its genius. I suggest you logon to AtomFilms asap and watch all 3 installments (i'm thinking Return of Pink Five costume - it's cooler). She calls Yoda "Froggy dude" and uses a lightsaber as a hairdryer.

Was thinking that by the time we've finished eating, public transport may have stopped running - got no troubles using the tube if it's still running. Am a dirty stop out you see - no worries - I'll leg it mid-main course if it's looking like the tube is looking unlikely!

22. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    OH Yeah , and TIM (And all of you) WATCH FIREFLY and SERENITY AGAIN!!!! June 23rd is serenity day.

www.cantstoptheserenity.com

Its the best - on a par with SW for me.

"Damn your sudden but inevitable betrayl"

23. SamaelTB

SamaelTB Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    Aparently I'm not allowed to offend anyone with my opinions :(. It's almost what I do best though.

I'm really looking forward to the thingy Tethys coerced into attending. He's really good at spending my money :(.

Hmmmm... Two sad smilies. That's not good... I know... Lets all say Serenity!... over and over... :). Yay happy!

Just one question. If we're going out for food in the evening are people going in costume?

Sam.

24. Tethys

Sep 30, 2005
    Yes that was Sam. I'm a girl. NOT a boy - or a he. He's just being mean.

25. SamaelTB

SamaelTB Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2006
    Everyone knows there are no real girls on the interwebs!

Online games have drilled into me (unfortunate turn of phrase) to assume boy! (Just because I know you doesn't make any difference) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.