main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Just had to watch Pink Five madame :p 'Tis funny ;) I'll have to take a screengrab from it, google isn't being nice. I am working on the t-shirt pics as I type.

I'll see if I can book time to watch Firefly into my busy schedule :p
    I liked Serenity ... but I grew up with SW which blew everything else out of the water, it's just not the same. Then again, Serenity is Jar Jar free, has to count for something lol.

Welcome to the boards Sam :cool: :D be cool meeting ya at LFCC ;) I think people may change into normal clothes, no point having some wagamama all over your Jedi/Sith/Scout Trooper/Vader kit lol.

She's bossy isn't Sam? How do you cope? :p

2. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hi Sam and good to see you here - welcome to the madness that is Fan Force!!!

I for one will be leaving my costume behind after the event - but not my Force powers of persuasion that I will need to work on the staff to make me the tastiest meal ever - I certainly dont want to be hearing 'now....move along, nothing to eat here...'

3. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    ^ Sad, sad man :rolleyes: :p

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hi Sam :)
    There are plenty of Serneity/Firefly fans here, just check out the top films of 2005 thread somewhere on this forum ;)

Tethys - I forgot to add that last year the que at 8:00am on Sat was pretty hefty, so if you want the free gift I think you'll need to get there for around 7.
    I'm pretty sure public transport will be running fine by the time we wine and dine, it usually finishes around 11:30pm. The nearest Waga's is High Street Kensington, about a 5-10 min walk so still not far from EC nor Clapham.

I also intend to change out of costume at the end of the show. I'm no way brave enough to walk in central London in full jedi gear I'm afraid to say :p

5. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Why not? Me and Koren went to licester square as Vader and a Jedi (although that was for RotS).
    Nah, if me and Koren do eat after, we will be getting changed too. After all, we will be in costume for a good 10 hours and Vader gets very hot!

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    I'll be bringing a full can of deodrant with me then that weekend...for those sat next to me of course - not me :p

7. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    we think serenity is the best thing ever in this house.
    been told to say that.
    i do prefer revenge of the sith but my wife won't give me any sex unless i say it.
    gorram it!

8. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Sacrifices you make eh? :p

Traitor!!!! :D

9. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    If it was a film premiere/first showing, I'd be more inclined to go in costume, but for just wandering around at night in London, dressed as a civiy is the only way :p

Two guests have cancelled; Richard Dreyfuss and Sean Patrick Flanery.
    A real shame about Dicky, but all other guests are confirmed and flights are booked, so looking good.

Two weeks to go!! :D

EDIT: The flyers are at the printers. No defo cost yet, but should be around the £40-50 mark. Will update everyone on total costs once I get the invoice ;)

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Let us know what you need Matt :)

**** FF-UK: London @ London Film and Comic Con News ****
    You may have noticed me mention something I am getting hold of for the table, Matt of course knew what I had planned, but it was a "wait and see" if it would arrive in time for LFCC. Well, it has. A big box.

I'd like to thank the generosity of a great company who I have had the pleasure of meeting several of their people at conventions, and spent many an hour chatting to via their website. And they have been generous. I asked Randy Stradley of Dark Horse Comics a while back if there was anything promotional-wise I could use for FF-UK convention tables. I am happy to promote Star Wars comics in the UK. Randy kindly got back to me, and said he'd send something. Well he sent more than just something. There have been three comics recently that were printed to get new comic readers into the DHC fold - they were "SW KOTOR/Rebellion #0", "SW Legacy #0" and a comic produced for Free Comic Book Day (http://www.freecomicbookday.com/) which I'll call "SW FCBD 2006". I won't go into amounts on here (I don't want Randy pestered by lurkers who try the same, but he sent quite a few) but I decided that we should split these over the two tables we have so far for the FF-UK - the LFFC in July, and the Manchester Collectormania G-Mex in November (it was from the last event there that I contacted Randy). And let's not forget the generosity of another company - Showmasters - for letting us have table space in the first place.

I chatted to Matt and also the people organising the Manchester event - there will be sets (of the three comics) for the general public, and hopefully a set each (or one to each couple) to the people who actually help behind the table (I need to know who is doing that, a list may be useful). It's Randy's gift, so these should go to the public first. We'll give them out to people who show interest in the FF-UK, not have them out on the table themselves since we only have so many per show.

And the comics are done by some big names of the SW comics scene - Doug Wheatley (Ep III adaption and many issues of SW Republic), Jan Duursema and John Ostrander (Quinlan Vos ring a bell?), and Brian Ching (KOTOR and Obsession).

So I'd like to give a =D= to Randy Stradley for being so kind to the fans. I'd appreciate if anyone working the tables are DHC posters to post on the DHC boards and thank DHC, if not post here and I'll let him know ;) :cool: :D

Gonna be fun! :)

11. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Sweet! Hopefully the word wont get round so we end up with 'Hi, yeah i love FFUK or what ever, can I have a comic now?'

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol! Yeah, we don't want that type of scum and villany at the table ;)
    Well, it's up to Matt as well, but I'd say they have to show a positive interest more than a bad one liner. I accept dates that easy :p But we may well get lurkers who don't usually post on here, the fact they come to the table to show interest is a start.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm happy to help with the table if needed

14. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt! You have another volunteer then if needed ^
    Grab him before he runs. Mention free comics and they all come running :p

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yeah, funny how they are all volunterring since you mentioned the free comics, Tim ;)
    Great news that you got them in time Tim, and we do have to be careful on how we distribute them but hopefully we are all good judges of characters so we'll make the right choices.

16. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Matt...we also now have the offer of some professional props for the table...

We have been kindly offered to have some X Wing Pilot props - helmet, etc too. These are professional level props - not just the Rubies standard stuff.

Not sure how much room you have on the table though now Matt...? Let me know if this is gonna be a real squeeze, so I can let the person know if we arent going to need them...? I realise we will only have so much space - but the table is gonna be a one hell of a crowd puller I am sure by all the things people are bringing!!!

17. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Just so you all know, due to visibility problems, I probably wont be able to help much. However, I will be there looking good :D

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll be dressed as an ewok to spear you in the right direction :p

Props to the props! :p

Matt (and anyone else) - can you take a peek at this please [image=http://www.timbolton.freeserve.co.uk/ffuk_regional/web_show.jpg] and let me know what you think. It's an insert for the comic gift pack, I'm going to show Randy now (if it needs alterning, no problem), but I think it helps direct people who walk away with the comics to us and DHC. You can have a FF-UK: London flyer in there, I know Showmasters flyers will get put in there too, and I may stick in flyers for other FF-UK groups.

19. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Jumped the gun for you, but next time I'll give you more warning (Matt, I'll explain at LFCC) - but please check here and more specifically here :D :cool:

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Jase, I think we can easily accommodate the X-Wing Helmet, but we can also rotate the table display if we have lots of stuff to show. The X-Wing gear/helmet sounds great though, thank you very much!! :D

Tim, I'm liking the insert flyer, the only thing I'm not 100% is the type face of the main text. It's not too easy on the eye but it is different so if everyone else is happy with it then so am I :)

Ohhhh, nothing like attracting some attention ;)
    Looking good!

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Matt - I wasn't 100% sure about the type face myself, but I wanted a handwritten one to make it look, I don't know, more "personal". You are the graphic designer/artist here and I'd go with your feelings on this. I did show to Randy, he likes it, but if you can suggest a better font, I'll give it a whirl :) Oh, it does look better at actual print size btw, I made the insert smaller for sticking on the web ;)

22. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Well I think it's all good. ROLL ON THE 1ST AND 2ND OF JOOOLAAAAAAIII!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I say keep the font as is. I like the idea of the hand written feel and the one you've chossen is far more sophisticated and easier to read then most hand written fonts I know of. Good job Tim :cool: :D

Just over a week to go!! :D

24. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    fonts!
    i hate them...
    /sits here scratching out letraset...
    wretched things,whoever came up with this stuff???

25. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

These props you are mentioning, are these actuals from the films, or extremely high quality replicas?

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.