main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Film&Comic Con - July 1st & 2nd

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Hi Paul - they are high quality replicas - just like the Force FX type of thing/Rubies costumes/etc - stuff that will probably be for sale in the court in standard versions. The helmet itself has a nice custom job on it though I think. Some people are just ace at art and things (like Matt S!).......<insert jealous face here>

We wish they were from the films...who knows for future though...stranger things have happened recently when SJ3 was handed the actual screen used lightsaber that Luke used in ROTJ while he was trooping recently at Elstree...<insert jealous face here again>

My turn soon SJ3!
    /waves lightsaber...

2. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Forgot to mention that the invoice for the flyers came through and it's £50. This is the only cost so anyone who is willing to contribute, please so say here and we can work it all out. The more who can contribute, the cheaper it'll be. Huge thanks!! :)

So far I have:
    Me
    Matt
    Tim
    Jase

(Tim & Jase, you're free to take your name off the list if money is tight)

3. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Is Matt me?
    I know Im Matt and said I would chip in but didnt know if you meant someone else.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I think you are the Matt, and Matt is the me :p

Matt (Lord-Tice Matt that is),
    Don't worry about me and money, I ain't rich, but I can afford to keep a promise ;) :cool:
    So far looks like about £13 each then? You need now via Paypal or you want me to pay you at LFCC?

5. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I can give you abit on the day, not alot cos... I want money to spend there! So just ask me on the day and I'll give you, something.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Every little helps dude ;) :cool:

Just advertised the event on the SW.com forums :D

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jspa?threadID=251777&tstart=0

I'll do this again for other meets (hope they don't take it down now lol!)

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes Matt, Matt means you ( and Koren, so maybe I should have put down Koratt or Mattren....revenge [face_devil ).

At the mo, seeming as we have four, I'll only ask £10 from each of you as that sounds pretty fair to me. Thanks for the offer Ell, but perhaps donate some of your spare money to the Charity tin that Jase is setting up :D

Not long to go now!!!!

8. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    Yeah! Parents just told me we're going camping next weekend.

cant make it guys, sorry.

9. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    :eek:

thats a shame Ell - been a while since we last chased Stormtroopers together mate at the Canary Wharf concert - there will be a next time though for sure...

10. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Matt, Am I not in Credit ?!!!

11. DARKSHREDI

DARKSHREDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2001
    Kass, are you going sat/sun? or both?

12. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Hello - I'm back from Sunny Portugal! Yey.

Anyways, I don't know if you've cashed up yet but I'll contribute to the flyers no prob, and will def come over to say hi!

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Uh oh, she's back ... run for your lives :p
    Hope you had a cool time in Portugal :)

Way it's looking Jase and I will be in about 11am on Sat. Me with a rucksack full of comics lol.

14. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Still hoping to get to this.. but I really mean hoping. I'll be coming down with a friend and probably won't be able to hang around with you guys for long, but I'll pop by to say hi.

I haven't sorted anything out yet though, so it's pushing it a bit

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Chris! That would be sweet if you could come. Do you have my mobile no? If not, I'll PM it you :cool:

16. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Big news guys!!

Christopher Lee will be signing Saturday only, and will also be doing a 45 minute talk. Tickets for the talk will cost £15 each and will be available from when the doors open at 9am. Autographs will cost £45 each and this is a once in a lifetime chance to meet an absolute legend of the silverscreen.

Autographs are 1 PER PERSON ONLY, and you can only get into the autograph queue if you are buying an autograph.

Gold Pass holders get into the talk for free, and their ticket will be held back for them

Ill be there saturday, like everytime since the start.

Hope to cu there ;)

17. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    WOW!! That is great news but far too expensive for me, both the talk and autograph. Slightly surprised by that pricing policy I might add.
    But his presence will be a great one for the show.

Hope to see you there too Aniskylover :)
    And it would be great if you could make it Chris :D

Tethys, thank you soooo much for saying that you're willing to contribute. It's never too late to add a name or two (or three) to the list, and you're also welcome to contribute Steve. Thank you very much!! :D

18. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    This is WOW news! I am stunned lol! What a great show this is going to be!

19. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    Tut! What do you mean look out she's back! [face_beatup] Only joking [face_laugh]

Nice one on the Christopher Lee, although I think I'll have to settle for just being in the same room as I can no way afford £45 for an auto!

20. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    Lord-Tice, I need to talk to u :D

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    There's a queue :p
    AniSkylover - was it you I was chatting to on SW.com btw lol? :cool: Small world eh?

Anyways, wobbles off *walking wounded needs nurse* The abuse I get now I am RSA!!! :p

22. Ellbobin

Jan 30, 2004
    No he's not, he cant be

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

23. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Whoa, Christopher Lee!! Now that's a cool cat but I'm not paying that much. Actually, if we all chip in, we could get him to sign a photo for the FanForce UK. And make him write EVERY SINGLE username!!

Shall be cool to see you again Tim, as it will you Matt. And yep, I do still have your number from the Midlands bash Tim but if you need mine again just let me know. I'll be going by train and will probably arrive some time just after 11

So do we have a list of members attending? (I haven't been up with following this thread. Sorry [face_blush] :( )

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    No list but it's a lot :p
    And a fair chunk of us will be in costume too :D
    I like your thinking for the big FF-UK autograph though....let's make him earn that £45, lol.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    If he casts a spell with one hand and uses the Force with the other, then he can have another £45 from me :p

Actually, any chance I can get an idea of how many people I need to give the *cough* too Matt? I am a little limited on what I can bring, unless I topple over with them in my rucksack and roll to London lol.

FF-UK autograph - yeah nice idea :) How much do I owe you already lol?
    I got an autograph made out to the "FF-UK" from an X-Wing engineer when I was a little sci-fi and comic fair in Liverpool last weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.