main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON London Imax

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by SarahSkywalker, Sep 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    DEBBIE! Why are you teasing us?? Tell us what you know, we need to plan how to get there!

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I call for a vote of no confidence in... nevermind. ;)

How much is this going to cost, anyway?

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    fifty bucks and you can pay me right now in advance....

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    $50!?

Did I mention that I'm fanatically fiscally conservative? Why else would I complain about $4 for a movie, take 5 minutes to work up the nerve to spend $1.25 on a muffin, and walk all the way from Jake's place to my house 10 blocks past Sarnia/Wonderland rather than take the bus?

And why do we pay you? I don't hand money to anyone without my lawyer present. ;)

Now if you'll excuse me, my lawyer and I have to go to the store...

5. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Right. I forgot you two weren't there so you didn't hear what I told everyone, and I haven't been available online much because of my midterms. Sorry about that!

First off, we still don't have a date. We won't have this until another theatre meeting takes place, which should be in the next couple of days. The possibilities are either Hallowe'en (Thrusday, October 31st), Friday Nov 1, or Saturday Nov 2. Since we don't have a date yet, we don't know how many people can come, therefore we don't whether we will be okay by owned car or we'll have to do either a rented car, train or bus. If we have to do bus then we can do the
    Greyhound Companion Fare to Toronto, so the cost of a round trip will be $25, assuming we all go together. Then there is the cost of the IMAX ticket, which is a bit more expensive than a regular movie ticket if memory serves.

Chances are that it would be either a regular scheduled evening showing or a midnight showing. Until the theatre gives us the word, we simply don't know. We've decided to concentrate our efforts on the Paramount since it's downtown and will involve more media.

We are also working on a Fanforce Ontario site that joins London, YJN, and Toronto, with links to each of the separate sites. We figured that since we are all doing the IMAX event together, it would be simpler.
    We want to make this as big as possible. That means a lot of people are going to be in costumes. If you don't have one, don't worry, we're going to see the movie as much as to make it big. All three Ontario Fanforce chapters as well as the Canadian Garrison of the 501st will be there, and it will be wonderful to see the IMAX as a big group.

We've also been asked to hand our Bantha Tracks #0, the people who do this have to be in costume, but given the fact that YJN and the 501st will be there, this won't be a problem. We've also tentatively decided to do a toy bank, where people bring an unwrapped toy in return for a discount somewhere re: movie (this has NOT been cleared with the theatre so at this point we don't know if it'll be possible).

We don't anticipate that tickets will be a problem, after all, this isn't a premiere, just a re-release, though a big one. When we get dates, times etc. and start figuring out who can come, I can arrange for someone in Toronto to get tickets for us as a failsafe.

6. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Chris....It wasn't an actual figure..I was kidding...and Deb ruined my profit :p Shame on you Debbie! I would have split it with you.... :) ;)

7. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Justin, what do you mean split? You still owe me for the parade!

More Details
    (1) Meeting with theatre is Thrusday

(2)Just got word, the first showing at the Paramount will be on Hallowe'en at 10:00pm - that's the big one that will involve media. Following showings on Friday and Saturday (etc.) will be at all three theatres - Downtown Toronto, Woodbridge, and Mississauga.

(3)Here's the very cool website (designed by Woofer) that I spoke of a couple of posts ago.
    FanForce Ontario Website

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    So we need to be there for when? Just Halloween, or more?

Could Sarah get back for her class? :)

9. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Sarah is going home from Toronto, so she doesn't have a class to get back to (does she?). I have a class Friday morning that I can't miss, so that's when I'd have to get back.

We *can* go for Hallowe'en - someone at least from FanForce London should be there. The thing is that we have to wait until we know when Toronto's and YJN's big night is - whether they will be seeing it Thrusday night too, and I know YJN will. In other words, if they decide they are seeing it Friday and there are very few Fanforcers there on Thrusday, we might decide to go on Friday and see it with the group. Since most of us don't have costumes, we aren't bound to Thrusday.

10. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    If we can get there and Back Thursday, I'd be up for it....Steph maybe even come, maybe...depends on arrangements...anyways!

11. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    I have class at 10am on friday that I can't miss. If anyone can get me back by then I can go, but otherwise I can't because no buses run to get me back early enough :(
    I was actually hoping it'd be friday night...

12. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    I can take up to four people with me if very on helps with gas and parking. We can leave at five and return tlate that night. just let me know soon.

13. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Sucky thing Paul is that nothing is certain. :(

14. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    That works for me...

15. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    I think it's pretty certain that we'd go for Hallowe'en. I'm in the same situation as Sarah, I have to get back for my 11am class on Friday. But I don't have class on Thrusday so I'll probably go to Toronto via Greyhound on Wednesday to help with whatever has to be done.

16. PaulV

PaulV Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2002
    so sarah you can take the 1st and I,ll save a spot for deb on the way home. that leaves two more left.
    p.s deb how do we go about getting tickets?
    paul

17. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well unless someone else needs the lift, i would take the lift there. And since i don't have to be back for the friday my spot would leave it open for deb on the way back...

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Me too!

19. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Ok, well if it's officially that weekend, I'm officially out. (Midterms)

And, unfortunately, so is my car..... ;)

20. SarahSkywalker

Sep 24, 2002
    Excellent, thanks Paul!

21. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Even the Thrusday would be out for you, Jake?
    Here's some official information (copied from the Toronto Board because I'm swamped).

Okay, now we've got some real information on what's going on with the IMAX: The Toronto Long Line, Young Jedi Niagara, the London Rogues, the 501st Canadian Garrison, and the Rebel Legion are working with LucasFilm to promote the IMAX showings in the Toronto area.

We are holding a charity drive at all 3 IMAX theaters, collecting new, unwrapped toys and nonperishable food items. The donations will be split up between the groups involved and details as to what charities will be receiving the goods will be forthcoming.

AotC IMAX will be playing at the Paramount Toronto, the Coliseum Missisauga, and the Colossus Woodbridge. The showtimes are as follows at all three theaters:

Thursday, October 31st:
    10pm.

Friday, November 1st:
    12pm, 3pm, 7pm, 9:40pm.

Saturday, November 2nd:

Sunday, November 3rd:

The theaters would like members of these groups, in costume, to be present at the IMAX theaters all weekend handing out the new Bantha Tracks #0 to movie-goers and generally providing Star Wars related eye candy.

The Thursday show is going to be the big media circus showing. Famous Players would like people in costume at all 3 theaters, but wants the main concentration at the Paramount. This is most likely the show I'll be seeing, and I hope that many of you can join me there, with or without costumes.

If anyone would like to volunteer their time over the weekend, even if you don't have a costume, you can get in touch with Young Jedi Niagara. YJN may have some spare costumes, so if you're interested act fast, post in this thread or contact Chris.

Possible costumes:
    5 Speeder Bike
    5 X-wing Pilots
    1 A-Wing
    2 Imperial Officer
    2 Rebel Officers
    1 Tie Fighter Pilot

You don't have to volunteer for the whole weekend, or even a whole day, if you've got a costume, c'mon out when you can.

For the latest info check out the FanForce Ontario page (it's in my sig).

Now a lot of this doesn't really apply to us, since we're so far away it wouldn't make much sense for us to be doing showings all weekend. So now we need to know when we want to go. Although they want most people there on Thrusday night, chances are that groups are going to be split (ie. YJN is going to be in Mississauga). I'm not sure about Toronto's plans (and neither are they) but I told everyone that the main reason we are coming down (as most of us don't have costumes) is to see it with a group. It is highly possible that a lot of Toronto are going to see it on the weekend rather than the Thrusday, though I'm sure that members of Toronto will be at the Paramount Thrusday. Toronto also wants to do a social event (ie. dinner and movie) on the weekend.

I guess that what we want to do sort of depends on what everyone else does/where everyone else is. So are more people able to make it down Thrusday night, or would people prefer to go down on Friday or Saturday for Toronto's social event? Would you prefer Paramount or one of the other two?

Speaking for myself I'm kind of still sticking to Thrusday unless Toronto decides to have a huge event on Friday night since I can't make Saturday.

Edit: TragicLad has just let me know that Hallowe'en is bad for most people and that they will probably be doing a Friday night dinner and showing at 7:00.

22. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Well i'm busy friday night now... so I have to do the thursday night showing...

23. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I'm game of course...and look Matt COSTUMES!

PM Chris and nab an X-Wing ;) They look cool. Or do a Scout Trooper, again, cool!

:D

DOOOO it, comeon Debbie make him! :)

24. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    make me do it?

Debbie can not make me do anything, she can only influence my decisions with sugestions. The final choice is always up to me.

But as it seems that they are doing the friday night now, unless someone is going on the Thursday i'm not sure what i can do...

25. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Thursday, October 31st:
    10pm.

Its the big media thing, and alot will be there. I thought we were going up Thursday, has that changed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.