main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Meetup - Saturday 14th September

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ramesh, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Greetings,

A handful of us have decided to brave the movie Signs on Saturday in central London.

No doubt there will also be food, beer and plenty of guilt-free decadence involved to make it an outing not worth remembering in months to come. But should you fancy letting your hair down and joining the usual suspects for a lazy day out then do please let me know (via email, PM or simply post here).

The plan for now is to meet at Leicester Square tube station (by the ticket machines at the 'Charing Cross Road West' exit) at 2:00pm with a view to get tickets for the 3:35pm screening at the Odeon (www.odeon.co.uk).

Cheers,
    Ram

p.s. sadly this will be my last meetup appearance for a while (the details of which I wont bore you with now) so it would be great to see you...

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    Sorry no can do, I need at least a month's notice to make anything :(

3. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    count me in.

4. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Sorry to hear that Jeannie. I shall have to make a special effort to see you when you next come down to London.

5. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    That's alot in the next year as I have to come down for uni open days etc ;)

6. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    I should be able to make it - depends purely on how smooth work goes next week :)

7. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Actually I am not working on the sunday as I originally thought, so if the train ticket is still £50 when I finish work tonight thenm I'll be coming along also :)

8. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Ram put me down as a definite, possible maybe! :)

I really want to see the film and of course meet you guys. Well that goes without saying.

However, on the other hand I don't have any money and secondly I am going to have to brave the "exciting" rail-cum-coach journey into London. Last time, it was okay going down but coming back was horrendous.

2 hours to get to MK from London! A missing coach and passenger rage all thrown in.

Oh yes, it was the best Saturday night in a long time!! ;)

9. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Wedding to attend. Sorry. :(

I do intend to make an appearence some day soon though! ;)

10. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    That's great news Jeannie. £50 is a lot to pay just to come to London for a weekend but it would be fantastic if you can make it.

Hope you can make it too Caroline, as you're now a regular a London get together would not be same without you.

Mark, you're down as definitely maybe. I know it must be such a pain at the moment travel-wise but your efforts will be most appreciated I assure you. Thanks also for your email (and for forwarding the details to Derek's new address). I'll reply back soon.

As this is an inconvenience for so many of you, it might be worth me getting a few tickets in advance this week to at least guarantee reasonably good seats. I'll pop down to the Odeon after work on either Monday or Tuesday.

11. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    i hate to break it to you guys but thats how much I always have to pay to attend a meetup :(

12. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    I'll definitely be there - just managed to arrange cover if needed :)

I've also added the meet details to the website with a link to this thread :)

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Ok I am definatly a definate ;)

14. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    That's cool :D I'll be bringing my digital camera so we can have some pictures for the website ;)

15. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    [face_shocked]

I don't look good in pictures ;)

16. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL! Well, you ain't escaping :D Hmm, maybe have an ugly page for pictures of me and you ;) Hope you don't break my camera :D

17. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    we wont we're the queen and princess remember ;)

18. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh yeah, forgotten about that :D

I'm really looking forward to seeing Signs, the trailer looked really spooky.

Going to see the Terry Gilliam film tomorrow. Was gonna go today but worked called and then I went shopping :) Ended up in PC World with Colin and now my hard earned cash is very much reduced!

19. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    Know what you mean but I tend to but alot of my stuff online because it's cheaper than PC world. And I never buy paper or ink because my friend runs a print room so I get it for free ;)

20. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Unfortunately, I couldn't find what I wanted online. Just got a nice new laptop :D Mind you, Colin's already nabbed it :( Suppose I am overdoing it since I have an Ipaq, but I wanted a lot more power and a DVD for when I'm bored stiff.

21. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    lol I could do with a basic laptop myself so when I am in london or something I can still do some work coz at the moment when I come down I can not do any work hell dont even have a tv at my mum's! [face_shocked]

22. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    No TV [face_shocked] What does your mother do with her spare time? I used to work with a girl who refused to have a TV and every year the TV Licencing people would get on her case cos they could no believe that someone would not have a TV. She didn't have a phone either. Was a weird girl though :D

23. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    ..and I hope you put it on the forum. :D

24. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    She doesn't have a phone either :p

My mum doesn't really do much I guess she speaks to my uncle or listen to the radio

25. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    LOL! This girl used to make lampshades in her spare time. She also knitted jumpers etc. Was a really good knitter too - very fast. Have to admit, she had a very impressive library too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.