main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London Meetup - Saturday 14th September

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ramesh, Sep 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I said I wouldnt be around much as I had college :p

2. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Does anyone who is going like Chinese food?

Hearing that I would be in London, I have been recommended a place in Chinatown that is (supposedly) quite good).

V.

3. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I love chinese food [face_love]

4. Jesse_James

Jesse_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    I'm Chinese so I'd rather get an English take away.

5. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    All systems are go for Saturday. Please see the opening post of this thread for details (all of which are now confirmed).

To those who are meeting us later in the day - the film is approximately 1 hour 45 minutes so we should come out of the Odeon at around 5:30pm (or shortly thereafter).

Subsequently we will either head straight to the Moon Under the Water pub or go for a Chinese meal (depending on what people fancy at the time). Our thirst / hunger (and perhaps even the weather) will dictate how long we wait in Leicester Square for the rest of you to arrive, so remember to have your phones with you in case you miss us. :)

I think that about covers it. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send a private message, email or phone me.

6. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Couple of photographs are up on the website - go to the meet page - link is next to the date. Alas, I've had problems getting the other two off the card - will try card reader tomorrow cos they look OK when viewed on the camera :)

Had a great time :D

Thanks Ramesh ;)

7. Jesse_James

Jesse_James Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Scary people.

8. Turr_Phennir

Turr_Phennir Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2000
    Looks like you had a good time yesterday :)

Have you got a digital camera Charis? I was wondering how you managed to get the pics on-line so quick.

Reminds me that I've got my film to develop from the meet-up in August.

9. Voren

Voren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2002
    Hi

I had an okay time, although next time we really must seriously think about eating places!

Before we all met up, I visited the Stanley Gibbons shop on the strand. Having read about it for many years, I found it an amazing place to visit.

I also went across the new Hungerford foot bridge. It is far better to get across the Thames by a foot bridge rather than by the tube!

It was a great surprise seeing Jason and Paul again, makes me glad I finally got a mobile!

Great to see everyone again. Many thanks to Charis for the photos, Ram for the idea and J for coming down to visit.

V.

10. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Paul, what is the Stanley Gibbons shop? I have never heard of it before!

Glad that you enjoyed the day - was there a problem on deciding where to eat????

11. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Btw, was the film any good? I haven't seen it yet so please don't give away any plot etc. Thanks :)

12. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Signs was pretty good. I've just sent Caroline a film review to put up on the web site which should prove amusing.

Special thanks to all those who came along yesterday just to see little old me. :)

13. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Does the review give away any plot points though Ram? If it does, I'll read it after seeing the movie this week.

The trailers look a bit jumpy and I am not sure how I am going to cope seeing it on my own! I don't like scary things [face_blush]

14. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi All

It was good to see and chat to everyone there.

Special thanks to Paul for coming to find me.

J

15. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    I thought it was a bit pants, and am willing to write a 'critical' review if required...

LOL ;)

16. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Az - Reviews for the website are always required - books, films, albums - you name it, you review it :)

Thanks Ram :)

Alas, the other two photographs are corrupted :_| Possibly due to faulty Compact Flash :( But they look fine on the camera screen but a mess when uploaded, sigh! OK, next meet I take several of the same shot like the pros and then one of them has to work :D

//now she knows why the CF was cheap//

17. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Ah Signs I actually saw that yesterday [face_laugh]

Az it was indeed....pants.

Next movie for me to see is Road to Perdition.

Anyway good to see you lot had fun, I'll be at the next meet (that means you better run and hide ;) )

18. Turr_Phennir

Dec 10, 2000
    Charis, I take it that the reviews for the web site don't have to be SW related? Just stuff that we like?

If so, I should be able to come up with something for you.

19. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    I'll accept anything :) It's basically a site for the members so whatever anyone suggests will get put on there.

Also, since we have a lot of space, if people want pictures for linking etc. storing that is possible on request :) For instance: Ezboard name icons and pictures for profiling.

20. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    LOL

I can't do 'open-ended' tasks...

I like being told what to do... [face_mischief] [face_devil]

21. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Az, wish you told me that yesterday ;)

22. jamie69

jamie69 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    signs...was...pants????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

23. jamie69

Apr 6, 2002
    ...did we see the same film?

24. jamie69

Apr 6, 2002
    because personally,i thought it was an 'awesome' movie.
    really 'awesome'!!!

25. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Hmm, not sure if you put enough ? in that response Jamie :D

I thought it was OK - ending was lame though. The suspense and humour was good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.