main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON London Rogues Garrison

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedidougcdn

jedidougcdn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2008
    Hopefully everyone will agree it's a good idea. Keep us posted on any progress.

2. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Hey all, Sorry I didn't make it out last week, and I'm apologizing in advance for not being there again this week! (Nothing to do with football)

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm not even planning on turning on the TV Sunday, unless it's to watch something already on the PVR or a DVD.

Are we going to have heat this week? I'm assuming that since the furnace was condemned last week we WONT be getting fumes.

4. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    If it's chilly, perhaps we could move the meeting to a nearby Tim's.

5. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    The boiler has been replaced at the garrison.
    Although with this cold weather today I'm missing work, so I maybe late Sunday. If so go to the video store and ask them to let you in, I've already told them I maybe late Sunday and you could be asking.

6. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    cool, thanks.

7. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I hope it's warmer than it's been lately. ;)

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok! This Sunday and next Sunday will be Ewok prop building parties.

9. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I'll be there for sure. 6 PM Sunday?

10. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Since the Yoda thread has long since been locked, I thought I'd post here. Yoda has now made it to San Diego, California!! He will be gradually making his way east across the US and Candada.

11. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well when he gets here, he can have his picture taken with an Ewok village. I don't think there will be many pictures that could top that.

12. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I went to the Imaginus poster sale at UWO today and bought a poster to put up at the Garrison. It's one I hadn't seen before and thought it looked pretty cool. I'll bring it Sunday.

13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Can't wait to see it.

14. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I have some news on our sign. As you may recall, I was going to ask the Rebel Legion and the 501st if we can use their logos on our sign.

Roy Mitchell from the 501st has emailed me back and asked to see the design for the sign, (which I sent). He is going to run it by the other executives in the group and let me know what their decision is.

Primrodo has agreed to send me the Rebel Legion Canadian Base logo. Also, he has asked if he can re-design the London Rogues logo - I had no idea that he was the one who designed it in the first place! I'll keep you posted.

15. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Yeah, I just found it one day in a press release and brought it back into action. I never knew who made it.

16. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    Well Justin "Primrodo" who now lives in Trenton is very excited about redesigning the LR logo. He now works in a print shop and is going to try to get us a discount on having the sign produced too. I'll keep you posted.

17. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    :) He went to school for graphic design. Made some really cool stuff while he was here. I'm glad he has a job in his field.

18. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I've decided not to go tonight. I'm still not feeling very well, and I'd like more time to rest before I go to work tomorrow. I'll be back next week.

19. DarthPapa

DarthPapa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    That makes 2 of us. Linda gave me the cold that she had all week and I don't really want to pass it on any further. See you next week guys

20. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I won't be able to make the meeting on March 1, as I'll be in Hamilton. I can return the Darth Maul props to you guys on the 6th when we meet downtown.

21. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    That cool.
    jedidougcdn did you make sponsorship request forms or am I supposted to make them?

22. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I can put something together. I'm thinking the "package" should consist of a covering letter, with an attached form that can be filled out.

Who should be the contact person for LR?

23. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Hmm.
    Rabellaka is the CEO this year.
    They can contact me through the group e-mail.
    Most of the stores that we deal with will say yes and have us come back 2 weeks before the event to pick up the donations. So we'll have to set a date to do that. Something like the week of April 20 to 24th.

This would be a good time to ask about putting flyers in with the bags for free comic book day.

24. jedidougcdn

Dec 31, 2008
    I'll sign the letter in Rabellaka's name, and include the Rogues email address as the primary contact.

I think we should include a phone number too. I don't mind putting my number down for that.

I agree that we should talk to the comic stores about the handouts on free comic day too. I was thinking we could also ask about leaving some handouts at the stores now, and these can be placed discretely by the register at all the sponsors. Maybe like 100 per location to start, and then we can check back periodically to restock, as they run out.

Perhaps we can even design a special handout for free comic day - like "present this handout and receive an entry in a special prize draw" or something.

Any thoughts?

25. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.