London Santa Claus Parade 2007

Discussion in 'London, ON' started by Lord_Robert, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    The parade is on Saterday Nov.24th.
  2. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    The parade starts at 6:00 and we propably need to report in at 4:00. It would be a big waste to have everyone there at 4:00. So I was thinking why don't we start meeting at the garrison at 2:00 have a lunchen then head down in groups.

Also who is going to carry the banner and who is making it?
  3. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds good. I'll have to make sure the people that are coming with me can make that.
    We should put the website url on the banner.
  4. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
  5. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've talked to some prints shops about the banners and getting some quotes on them as well. I'll bring the information I get this sunday after doing some more looking.
  6. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I posted a notice about the parade in the forums for Rochester, Albany and Buffalo. I've been to a parade in Syracuse, but that's a 6 hour drive, so I didn't post there. I'll put a notice in the Rebel Alliance too.

This would be so much easier if I had my computer set up, as I have everything bookmarked there, but someone put the box with my keyboard and mouse at the bottom of the pile, so I can't find them yet.
  7. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I'm going to a meeting on the Nov. 20 to get all the details on the parade.
  8. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    okay so just to confirm for the banners; We need the symbol and the websites address correct?
  9. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    www.londonrogues.com
  10. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Are you using the icon that's on the web sites, because that is the offical symbol.
  11. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah i'm using the jedi insignia
  12. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    What Jedi insignia?

The offical insignia is on both web pages. That's the one that you need to use.
  13. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    then I'll have to go back and get different quotes. I was getting quotes for the jedi symbol since you have the imperial symbol done yourself
  14. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Now why would you get jedi for the London Rogues?

The London Rogues is everything: Jedi, Sith, Empire, Rebels, Bounty hunts.

I made Empire banners for the garrison. As I said the other week I would not take them in a parade unless we had other banners for each faction.

We need a banner with the London Rogues symbol like what is on both the web pages. That is our offical symbol on FanForce Canada. Under the symbol we want "www.LondonRogues.com".

Let us know how much it costs before you order. Also what it's made out of.
    I had an idea about taking in a photoshop picture to Walmart and see about their prints on cloth.
  15. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    If you're going to Walmart, you should go soon. I heard from someone that that sometimes takes some time to get done. Otherwise, why not make a cloth banner with iron-on transfers, or fabric paint? Niagara has a very nice one made of cloth with wooden poles to hold it up, and everything is painted on.
  16. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what I was thinking before, because it only cost me $4 to make those Imperial banners.
  17. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    okay i got a reply back from the shops i've talked to and they stated the image given is too low of a quality for them to properly work with and if they tried to work with it, the results will not be very good.

So why not just go with the jedi and imperial symbols for now? As soon as we get more factions then we'll make more.
  18. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    oh yeah if we do have lunch or a meet before the parade can someone grab me from work?
  19. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't because I'll be working too.

On that note, is there anyone who could take charge of the pre-parade meeting. Open the door set things out greet people from out of town that kind of thing.
  20. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I just realized that I'm either going to have to leave work early, trade shifts, or book the day off. I'll have to look into that. If I can get the day off, I'll be able to be there early.
  21. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Rebellaka do you think your husband will join us for the parade. If he doesn't want to we could us more people to drive people to and back from the parade.

If anyone else can get people to help with driving that would be great. It seems to have been over looked.
  22. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I don't know if he'll march, flat feet and all, but I'm sure he'll drive if I ask. I might be able to get another driver with a van, I'll have to ask.
  23. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'm not sure about driving, as we're having furniture delivered that day, but Granite said he would march with us, if I can find him a (warm) costume. Guess that's incentive to get my sewing room organized a bit, and find my sewing machine.
  24. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's what you've been waiting for.

Formation of the parade starts at 4:00 pm. It is on Dundas, starting at Kellogs lane all the way to Highbary. The streets for the parade will be closing at 4:00 pm. The two streets south of Dundas will be closed too. So let's think no parking.

We are Section three so it should be around McCullocks on Dundas. That's good that we are in the first Quarter, between Block Parent/Crime Stoppers and War Amps. Our arrival time is 4:15 pm.

It will be a cold day so I'm thinking of getting some of those cheap emergency blankets. They keep in the body heat and stop the wind. If they have to be thrown away then it is not a big lose.

As a reminder we are meeting at the garrison unless you are going staight there. Which brings up tranportation.
    In my van I have my mother droping off and picking up Me, Andre-Fett, Darth-Sniklefritz, *Deathstar* and Robert. I have room for only one more. So who else is driving and who can have someone take people there and pick them up at the end.

None of the local Broadcasting station will cover the parade. However, good news. You may view a video of the parade on the www.londonsantaclausparade.ca after December 1st as well as the photo gallery of this year's parade.
  25. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    As the streets will be closed around the time I get off work, even if it's an hour early (3:45), it looks like I'm walking there. That means my car will be parked 2 blocks away from the JLC. I have room for myself and 4 others in my car. That's just for after the parade.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.