London Santa Claus Parade 2007

Discussion in 'London, ON' started by Lord_Robert, Oct 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    You should think about taking the bus. It will would be detoured down York st. where the parade gathers just take it to Kelloggs.
  2. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Have we rigged up anything for music yet?
  3. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just going to ask the samething.
  4. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I have an audio system.

and I have ear plugs for the two people who are going to wear it because it's loud.
  5. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Are we allowed to play music? I think some parades have rules about playing recorded music.

I'll take the bus if I can... I'm going to try to leave work around 3:30 or 3:45. *cough* ;) It's the long weekend in the States, so I don't think I'll be missed.
  6. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    well, when I was talking with Kevin I mentioned the problem of audio when marching. he said most groups that march have that problem. Besides no one is paying to hear it, so there should be no problem. If they don't like it they can say no music or don't do have it next year if someone complains. Also it does not say anything about music in the rules that I got.

They are so happy to have us in the parade, and music will make it even that much better. Also on the "ENTRY FORM" it says All entries must have music playing and a minimum of 500 Christmas lights on their vehicles.
  7. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    so what theme will be played? The imperial march or something?
  8. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Star Wars fanfare & theme...................ESB
    Theme from Star Wars 'pop' version..........ANH
    Duel of the fates...........................TPM
    The Empire Strikes Back (main theme)........ESB
    Parade of the Ewoks.........................ROTJ
    Imperial march (Darth Vader's theme)........ESB
    Princess Leia's theme.......................ANH
    Anakins theme...............................TPM
    Yoda's theme................................ESB
    Victory Celebration.........................ROTJ
    Star Wars theme (end title).................ANH

9. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    what no ROTS or AOTC music?
  10. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I don't know what happen to your audio system that you said you would rig up.

So, as a last minute thing this is what I have. You want better you do it.
  11. darthsolvo Jedi Master

star 1
    im guna try to get some cards printed off
  12. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    It was going to be part of the droids we were gonna make, but since we didn't start making the droids we didn't start the audio system. Plus it wasn't just me making the audio system pook was helping on that aspect too.
  13. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4

We can't hand out any flyers with out getting it aproved first.

When we were talking about the audio we were talking about the parade. Audio for a droid is the lest of our worries. Lets focaus on the here and now.

14. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    What is the music being played on exactly? CD player, MP3 with speakers?
  15. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    CD because no one with an MP3 would step forward and make up an audio system. If someone else wants to go out and get the latest music go ahead. I have a CD and I tested it and it works. Also I am going to be pissed if some one steps up now that I have driven all over to make this work at the last minute and say lets do this better. It's like throwing money away and this is the last day that I am doing anything more for the parade. I'm working overtime tomorrow so that I can get the time off for the parade.

You know what I'll just leave my **** at home and I'll leave it up to Dalesabers to go buy something on Saturday.
  16. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I do have an Episode III CD, but my MP3 player is broken.
  17. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    No thanks.

The fact of the matter is, this morning I sent in the entry form that says what we are playing whom is going to be where and doing what, as we march down the parade route. I have signed my name on the entry and I'm not changing anything because the deadline is tomorow morning.

An MP3 would be great but you have to download what I have on the DVD. It's extra work for the same thing. We can always make things better for next year.

Please, lets talk about what is not clear like how is everyone getting there and back. Is there anyone who doesn't know how they are getting there and back?

Is there any other problems that need to be taken care of?

18. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey **** you old man. Don't go blaming your problems on me. Get off your **** ego, you're the one who is pulling us into these kind of things not me. We never confirmed on who was doing what and plus I never volunteered for the audio system. Pook and I were only talking about rigging a system in the droids if we ever built them to have a way to play mp3s during these kind of events. So **** you.
  19. Lord_Robert Jedi Master

star 4
    Fine!

What have you done for the group?

We had an offer to be in this event. As the CEO and contact I asked the group and everyone said yes. I did not hear anyone say no.

Although you are a yes, no, yes, no person. Make up you mind and stick to it. no more games

You think getting things done is an ego. If it were up to you we wouldn't even have meetings. We wouldn't even be hear, the group would have died.

Also, just to set things straight it was not my idea to be in the parade in the first place. I followed up on the interests of the group and made the contacts.
  20. DaleSabers Jedi Knight

star 3
    well you're blaming the issues of sound systems on me. I didn't volunteer for the sound system for the parade because it was never brought up. I've gotten us sponsors for the star wars event by talking to the people that I know and I've gotten parts for individual members sabers such as darth papas lightsaber.

I don't think that getting things done is an ego, I'm talking about how you think are king **** when it comes to some things. I'm not against the parade or anything I'm against of how you blame things on me because you are too stupid to pay attention to things.

I'm doing the best I can for this group but it doesn't help with you being a complete ass when I try to do things. As far as what I have done for this group I've brought in new members for our group. I haven't seen any members that you've brought to join our group.
  21. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Shut the heck up both of you.
    A CD will work fine, I was asking more about it, because I was wondering who'd be carrying it.
    Can you not go 10 min without starting an arguement?
  22. darthsolvo Jedi Master

star 1
    ok i wont print anything off then
  23. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Everything's set up for tommorow. My saber has some balance issues still, so we may need to rethink whos carrying what, but that's me and my friends problem.

Solvo, don't forget to bring your dremmel tommorow with a cutoff blade so we can machine down the screws.
  24. darthsolvo Jedi Master

star 1
  25. Fantyx Jedi Knight

star 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.