main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by LadyVader81, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramesh

Ramesh Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Phill, sorry to hear you have to pull out mate. Its an awful feeling when work ruins plans you make for a weekend. [face_plain]

Not that I have anything against the Odeon in Marble Arch, but why don't we see it in Leicester Square as planned? The WB cinema are showing it on Saturday;

Ice Age (U) - Saturday, 23rd March, 10:30 12:35 14:40 16:45 18:50 21:00 23:30
    Source: http://www.warnervillage.co.uk/WVOnline44.asp?WCI=SitePerf&V=477

Surely this would make it easy for everyone and we wouldn't have to arse around as much looking for a place to eat and drink. Also, its a fairly nice cinema; large screens, comfy seats, sexy surround sound and all.

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    So which time do you guys think will work best?

3. Beckymonster

Beckymonster Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Totally dumb question here ;)

How much is a ticket for Warner Bros? If memory serves me correctly... it's bl**dy expensive... as in £10+ expensive!

Yes, I want to see 'Clone War' but I really don't fancy coughing up £10 when I could go see it for £6 (admittely without the great company but... ;))

So it might be a case of meet yous guys for drinks but go do my own thang while you guys are in the cinema!

I'm not being a skinflint or anything but I do have a sibling's birthday on the Monday and payday on the following Thursday... oh for a co-ordinated life! :D

Not only that but - we do have student(s) with us, don't we LV?

4. METZ

METZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2001
    Dont worry becky Ill pay for you...and anyone else who may be abit strapped for cash.... I know there are lot of students here!!!!!

5. Beckymonster

Nov 28, 2001
    'Salright Metz. Thank you very much for the very kind offer but I'll decline.

I'm not a student - but I do work with them and can see firsthand that money can be a bit tight for them.

Other opinions people?

6. MOTs_Minx

MOTs_Minx Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 26, 2000
    Yeah...I have an opinion!!!

Paying £10+ to see a movie....ANY movie...is nutz!

7. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    hmm I know I get a discount but I am not sure how much.

How much is the one at marble arch?

8. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Don't know... expensive but not as much probably.

9. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    any suggestions?
    if go marble arch Becky will come, yep?

or WB and meet Becky at the pub?

what do you guys think?

10. qgonegin

qgonegin Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Hi there
    I'm kinda new to the forums.
    Anyone here live/close to London?
    I was wandering if any of you wana meet up 4 a drink and maybe arrange a trip to the Odeon Leicester square on Thursday May 16th.
    Let me know
    qgonegin@yahoo.com

11. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    Fair do's Becky. I didn't take the cost into consideration because I assumed everyone was happy to pay that amount since we originally planned to see it at the Odeon.

All the cinemas in Leicester Square are between £9 to £11 at weekends. I agree that we could probably get to see it for half that price if we travel away from the west end and it could make a nice change. But we probably should do the pub thing there though to make it easy for everyone to get to Waterloo, Euston or Kings X at closing time.

OK, back to work. :-\

12. Beckymonster

Nov 28, 2001
    For something like Star Wars or Lord of the Rings - no problem! Quite happy to pay that kind of money (within reason ;)) but think of the students, the unemployed and those not earning pots of cash!

The pub idea is a damn good one though!

13. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ok guys we're gonna have to make a decision preferably before I get to London ;)

14. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    I have no problems either way, so I'm leaving it to you J :)

15. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    thanks a bunch!
    I want Becky to come movies, but if the rest of you dont wanna go Marble Arch I aint gonna win am I?

16. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    At this rate (of people not saying anything), it might be a case of meeting up and deciding there. Perhaps taking Becky's mobile number would be an idea to let her know where we are if no one can decide now.

I'm fine with whatever decision is made, though it would be better naturally if Becky is with us for the movie :)

17. Beckymonster

Nov 28, 2001
    HELP! My brain has become cream cheese!! ;) How many ways can a girl describe microbiology?!

Give me ten minutes to have a drink and a think and I'll come back to you with an answer 'kay?

EDIT: As I'm the one causing all the hassle :D I wish to put forward the following suggestion - got to the 2pm showing and I'll join you for something to eat and pub afterwards?

This will be about 4pmish?

Yes, I'd like to go to see Ice Age - but there will be other movies... Trust me!! ;)

18. Ramesh

Oct 30, 2000
    I just remembered. Jakob doesn't have a mobile so we need to decide beforehand which pub we're going to and roughly at what time we plan to be there.

If we went for a 4:00pm screening or if we decide to eat at that time, we're still likely to be at the Moon Under the Water pub at around 6:00pm right?! So can I tell those who're meeting us at the pub to aim for 6:30 to 7:00pm?

I personally would prefer to eat first and then see the flick but happy to go with what everyone else wants.

19. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I suggest we have a bite to eat at BK, then hit the cinema, and then on to the pub, and have something to eat there if it's the MUW and they still have the cheap grub offer.

20. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    ok if we decide on the food when we get there.....but say go marble arch for the movie. I'll check times in the morning I am too tired now to do that. And well get to the pub for about 6, so those who dont want to see the movie go there for 6:30.

21. Beckymonster

Nov 28, 2001
    Okay - just done some checking for Marble Arch for Saturday.

They have four showings on Saturday (11.55, 14.00, 16.05 and one at about 18.00!) The tickets cost £8.50 with no discount I'm afraid :(

So - what time do you guys want to go for? I'm afraid that 2pm is waaaaay out for me - but I'll follow the majority decision - if you go with that one - I'll just meet you outside the cinema ;)

Comments people? Let's try and get a consensus today?! LV returns to the 'big smoke' tomorrow!! :D

22. MayhemUK

Mar 20, 2001
    As I said I'm fine either way, but having Becky for the movie would be preferable ;)

//recalls LotR experience :p

23. LadyVader81

Jan 2, 2001
    well the 4:05pm will finish just after 6pm right? should take that long to get to the pubs from there.

But what does everyone think

24. Beckymonster

Nov 28, 2001
    Depends on whether we walk or take the tube -The tube should take about 15 minutes - walking will take about twice as long... so long as we don't lose anyone on the way! :D

Mat what in the name of the Eldar are you hinting at?! I always behave impeccably whenever I'm at the pictures... bouts of elf-lusting aside [face_blush]!

25. Ooh_Aah_Cantona

Ooh_Aah_Cantona Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 13, 2000
    OK, as no one can make a decision.

1) You're all gonna meet outside the Odeon Marble arch at 3.30pm to see the 16.05 showing.

2) After the film you're gonn a get the central line to Tottenham Court Rd station where you will change to the Northern line and go to Leicester Square.

3) Once there, you will all go to The Moon Under The Water pub and have a few drinks. Or a lot of drinks.

4) After that, you can go to the pizza hut next door. (if you wish to eat)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.