main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON London

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    Anyone here in London, or in the general area (wherever that may be)? I'm moving to London (from British Columbia) this summer to work, and I'm staying for a year. If anyone in the area is interested, I'd like to meet you, or ever start a FF chapter. So, who's with me?

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Surely in a city of 350,000 there must be some JCers!

Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

You know, at IGN, we get one post every 30 seconds. :p

3. Morrowind

Morrowind Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    You know we aint at ign!

and where is london from Ottawa?

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    [image=http://www.city.london.on.ca/Mapphoto/images/oneday.gif]

Drive to Toronto, then keep going past that for about 2/3 of the distance between Ottawa and Toronto.

I thought for sure you people would all know where it is. 350,000 people! I come from a little hick town in BC, so for me, that's a huge city!

5. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I've never been to London personally, but my aunt (whose been around the world and back) describes London On. as the "city with the 1-pub strip" lol

I guess 350000 is a lot of people, but isn't London sort of out in the middle of nowhere? Like, not too close to any REALLY big cities??

BTW maybe someone can tell me... why can I find NO record of an Ottawa fanforce chapter???!? Do we not have one??? Man, if we don't, we need to get one started. I need an outlet for my weirdness.
    Anyone who knows if we have one or if not wants to/is getting one started send me an email (mokitty_mesu@yahoo.com), I wanna be involved!!

-Mokitty

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Canada has chapters for Victoria, Quebec, Niagara, and Toronto. None in Ottawa, but I don't think you're alone in wanting one there, so get some people together and form one!

7. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I'm here. I'm now officially an Ontarioite (or whatever you're called). Here's my initial findings of Ontario people:

You're crazy! Completely, positively crazy! You, er... we... make Newfies look normal! You talk weird (what is a T'ranna anyway?), and you're always talking about you-know-what. This place is flat too. Last I checked, I wasn't moving to Regina. :p

I must say that from what I've seen so far, BC people are much more normal. Considering they're all high, that's quite a feat.

Well, I guess I'll become one of you soon enough. By the time I leave, if I do, I'll be saying "T'ranna", etc. Scary, but true.

Also, everywhere you look, there's people! In BC, if you look around, you see trees, wildlife, trees, mountains, and trees. In London, you see people, buildings, people, cars, and people. Oh, did I mention that there's a lot of people here? There must be more people in this city alone than there was in the 500 square kilometres surrounding my home in BC. I'm sorta used to this becuase of my years in Germany, but that was so long ago. It's still a shock.

Honestly. You people scare me. :p

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey I'm in london, and we're actually making a film, if you looked a few threads down at dark alliance :)

London is fun eh, lol!

9. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I saw the thread.

London's OK. I'm not used to big cities though. For 10 years, I've lived in a tiny, tiny city, and I was beginning to doubt if Canada really does have big cities. Then I came here. Wow! The roads are backed up with traffic, you have to watch for crime, and there's even street people! Amazing.

I'm beginning to wish London was the size of St Thomas. St Thomas does, after all, have jobs. I'm related to the foreman at Formet in St Thomas, and he's going to get me in there. I didn't know wages were so high here. Is $14.63/hr to start good, considering I only have a high school diploma? Where I come from, minimum wage ($8) was amazing because it meant you actually had a job. In the town in BC where I'm from, the mill is the economy. Due to the softwood lumber dispute with the Americans, the mill is downsizing greatly, and may even close down, like so many others in the province. You take what you can get. You don't complain that McDonalds doesn't have enough hours. Here, the top two places on my list of places I want to work at are both hiring. (Formet and Future Shop)

So yay for London!

10. Uriana

Uriana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Awh... Sorry, Thrawn... I didn't think we were that scary. Man... *notes that down for future reference*

*mutters* "what's a T'ranna" indeed... hmph...

11. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah London bites all.

I miss Mount Forest...

St. Thomas is alright :) hardly been there though.

12. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    Never been to London. Or Mount Forest. Or St. Thomas. I've been to Toronto (T'ranna?) though. Love it there. Live in Kitchener. Love it there, too. \m/

13. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    I live in Brantford, that's about 60 miles from London.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

14. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Updated impressions of London, and Ontario in general:

It's too humid here! I should have known, since we're surrounded by water in 3 sides, but still...

15. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    [color=3737AF]^^^^^^^^
    Yeah, it has been, of late. :( But it's cooler now. Well, at least it is where I am.[/color]

16. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    The interior of BC, where I'm from, is very dry. In fact, it's Canda's only official desert. I'm not used to any humidity.

17. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    Meh. Humidity sucks. :/ Would that Ontario were a desert... O_O

18. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Aye Aye.

Try telling Americans that its boiling here :)

19. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    Try telling Americans that it's boiling here

*snorts* I know. They don't believe you. Apparently, it can't get hot in Canada.

20. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Quick ma! The igloo is melting, its gonna short out my computer!

We just don't get as cold as fast :p

Its fun though to play on stereotypes with them, liek having polr bears in our garbage and Polly the pet penguin :)

Had my editor going one day, lol!

21. HAN_SEABASS

HAN_SEABASS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 18, 2002
    London is a cool town...now where I live, it sucks! I live about an hour from London in Chatham..(pop: 45,000) and we have nothing to do here! I'm trying to get transferred to London in hopes of having a life!

22. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    New update about my feelings about London:

I went to two job interviews. One was on Tuesday, and one was today (my 18th birthday). The first one pays $13.05/hr, and the second one pays $18.50 an hour. Where I'm from, you're lucky to get $8/hr, part time. $18.50 and even $13.05, both full time, are wages that I have difficulty believing.

I got both jobs. I've already accepted both, so I'm quitting the first one. I now work at Ontario Energy Savings Corp. :D

This economy rules.

23. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    'Grats on the new job, Thrawn. :)

Its fun though to play on stereotypes with them, liek having polr bears in our garbage and Polly the pet penguin

[color=3737AF]Hmph. I want a pet penguin. :/[/color]

24. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    lol! or beaver :)

Congrats Thrawn. I hope to be makoing some serious dough, I am a designer :)

25. Uriana

May 29, 2002
    [color=3737AF]*evil laugh* "Where's your pet beaver?" "Right here. ATTACK!" Bwahaha![/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.