main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LondonExpo May 24 - 25th 2008

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, it's that time once again. I can't guarantee Sir Christopher Lee wont be singing this time, but we can guarantee a good laugh especially if Jamie loses another Primark coat.

The biggest name announced thus far is that of Edward James Olmos (Gaff from Blade Runner and recently in the new Battlestar Galactica).

The dates are Saturday 24th May and Sunday 25th May at the Docklands ExCel. Expect the usual guff promos and inappropriately dressed teenagers. I know you must be tempted, Tim :p

Here's the official website: www.londonexpo.com

I am considering going (clearly for my sins) but can not say with any degree of certainty as yet.

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure I'll be able to do it since I'm trying to get the weekend off for Collectormania and I doubt work will allow me two weekends off in the same month, especially with Indiana Jones out that weekend.

But it does look good.

I was also not aware Christopher Lee ever got a knighthood, I thought he was just a CBE.

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes, I suspect that weekend will be a very busy one for cinemas. As will the Collectormania weekend due to Iron-Man (despite it looking a bit cack).

And you are quite correct, Chris Lee isn't a Sir but I thought it would make it more interesting if I said that he was :p

4. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That's false advertising it is, I'm writing a complaint :p

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    iron man is going to be great!
    bah,you kids.
    i'll do my damnednest to be at the show,although i might be a big megastar by then.
    i'll be there,then... i guess.
    just like always...

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It does look good, although some elements of the trailer are a bit OTT (he'd need pretty massive booster rockets to be able to outfly a fighter jet).

But....it's Iron Man, so it's worth going to see. And superhero movies in the last few years have been pretty decent (apart from Spider-Man 3).

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    spiderman 3 was the best of them all,apart from maybe spiderman 2.
    i always cry when harry carks it at the end.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    A shame Venom was so naff and "bad Spidey" consisted of Peter Parker strutting around John Travolta style with a silly haircut.
    The redemption of Harry at the end was silly and predictable, how exactly he'd forgive someone who half blinded him I don't know. And why did his butler convenienly forget for all that time to tell him that his dad was killed by his own glider? :rolleyes:

I'm glad they've made a good effort of making Iron Man look like he does in the comics, as they did with Spider-Man (I've always been annoyed they didn't make Wolverine wear his yellow outfit in the X-Men movies).
    Any idea if War machine will feature?

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    which version of iron man are you talking about,richie?
    to my mind there have been several iron man suits,and when you add to that the styles in which iron man has been rendered,the actual looks are endless...
    peter parker going emo,in spiderman 3,i would have thought you'd appreciate that look,being of the long coat wearing brigade yourself?
    hey,it was a good enough haircut for lordtice to try and emulate,at least...
    and the osbourne butler was never aware of norman osbournes demise,only having learned the truth secondhand from spiderman,presumably...?
    it's all about redemption,by the way... harrys amnesia gives him the opportunity to bond with peter,and... etc,
    i think...

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wanted butt kicking and rage, not silly flirtations and table dancing.

At least in the TV series he nearly killed a bunch of people, and it was a great mental battle to stop the symbiote overpowering him. Didn't get a sense of that it the film, it was squashed in.
    Spidey 3 should've been in 2 parts IMO.

11. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    So did anyone go to this?

Unless you're a manga/anime fan, there wasn't much there that was worthwhile. Plus there were way too many stereotypical fanboys who don't come into contact with water and soap often enough. [face_sick]

Only good bit was getting my BSG box set signed by Edward James Olmos and Aaron Douglas.

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    stereotypical fanboys?
    /looks around nervously...
    ahem.

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I still haven't recovered from the last time I went :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KPZJg5g7M8&feature=related

oh the memories!
    But did you have a corner of discontent (or whatever we called it lol) this time?

14. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hi Matt,

Longtime no see/hear, howz things? When is the next event?!

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.