main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LondonExpo - May 26 & 27th '07

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    The LondonExpo returns once again at the ExCel this May 26th & 27th 2007. It's a good mix of stars from the world of film, TV and comic book art, as well as having many dealers, guest talks and media showcasing. It's also a good opportunity to get used to the ExCel before the BIG ONE in July ;) And a good chance to do some research into the FanForce table for CE too!!

For more info, please visit the official website: www.londonexpo.com

I will try and update this thread with the latest news too.

NB You may also note that the planned JapanEx show, which originally clashed with CE at the ExCel, has been moved to a later date :D

2. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'll be there fo sho!

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Wow, I should be here for that, and tickets are only 7? I'll definently try to make that.

4. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hmmm, got to think about this one. I just booked to go to MK at the start of May, was considering going to Bristol for the second week (for the Comic Expo held there), but this could very well be an alternative. I really want to get down to London before CE, to see the SW exhibition posted here, it's going to be hectic at CE, so I'd much prefer to see it peacefully at least once.

If I do go (and don't you all get annoyed with me *looks at Koren and Matt* :p ), I'll stay in central London so I can still get to the British Museum on my tod, and probs the V&A. So I could in theory (if I can get down) go Friday night straight after work, and stay till Monday.

Gonna eat right now, I will book a hotel tonight once I have had a think. I think I am gonna go for this.

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    given how good the last londonexpo was,i'll certainly be there!
    one of the best events i've ever been to... late though i was.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Uh oh, he's coming. Can I cancel then? :p

I have to email my boss, see if I can use owed hours to leave early on Friday. And guess what? There seems to be probs with trains over that weekend meh. But looks like Friday is ok, it may just take me longer on Monday (I'd have to leave on a 11:30am train too. I am looking at staying in PTI Kings Cross, it's about a mile from the British Museum. Should be fine.

7. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
  8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I think M&K have picked up their pitchfork's and are heading due North for you Tim :p
    Would be fandabbydossey to see you down here again Tim (although hopefully we'll see each other during C11 before this) and you needn't worry about Jamie, if another comic book artist hero of his is attending the show, he'll be far too busy to bother us ;)

Not sure if I fancy going on Sat or Sun yet, but if your flexible Tim then that's good. What day you thinking of going Jamie?? And if Ell or anyone else wants to arrange a meet-up then that'll be good :D

9. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i might actually go for both days,as it's only a swift 'foot-down' up the old A13 for me,and i can use it as a dry run for that star wars thing in the summer.

10. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I'm staying for the event with an anime forum so It all depends on thier secdual on being there & leaving times for a meet up. Would work better if it was durring the event rather than before or after for me.

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ok, just booked my hotel (PTI Excel London Docklands - didn't go for the one near the British Museum, but think this will be a better idea, I can wander back and to to the con, and go out to BM/Forbidden Planet on Sat or Sun).
    I am travelling down Friday 25th - hopefully getting into London just before 9pm (I have to get my train ticket tomorrow). Leaving Monday, probs around 11am since it's a Bank Holiday and no trains from Euston, instead Marylebone to Brummie then onto Liverpool.

So that means I am in London for four days/three nights. I plan to go to Excel on both days, but also (like I said above) visit the British Museum and Forbidden Planet. Plus I'll go to the SW exhibition mentioned in this thread on the day I don't go to FP/BM.

So ... who wants to come out and play? :D

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    wheee,count me in!
    also,tim... when are you planning to attend collectormania?
    we're going on the sunday/monday.

13. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I'll be there Sat - Sunday, the lovely lady going with me is heading back 3pm-ish on Sunday, I was booked on a 5pm or so train. Matt is hoping to come on Sunday too, so we can all meet up. In theory I could miss my seat booked train and get a later one so we can have a meal together then I head back to the station at 7pm. I'd need to check train times.

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yay, Tim!! I can make Expo either Sat or Sun, but I need to pick one so which day do people prefer??

My C11 plans are a bit more complicated now, but I WILL be there on Sunday and I would like to see both of you at some stage even if it's for 5 mins.

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Whichever day is better for everyone as a group I guess then for Expo :D
    Repost your preference

Sat - TimB,
    Sun - TimB,

Got my train tickets for London btw, not dropping out of this one :p

MK - whatever time you can spare on Sunday will be cool Matt. I can head back to the train station after we have met and head home.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm leaning towards Saturday for some reason.

Sat - TimB, Matt
    Sun - TimB,

17. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i'm good for either.

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Shall we settle for Saturday then?? I'll get there for the openning time so we can either meet somewhere in the queue or at the hall's entrance. I know you tend to show up late at these doo's Jamie so maybe you can let us know when you arrive and we'll meet you. And if anyone else wants to go and meet-up during the show then we can also arrange a meet time and point, say the entrance to the hall again for lunch time.

19. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i'll be there bright and breezy.
    we're having some carpet delivered that day,so my wife wants me out of the way when the carpet fitters arrive.
    i...don't know...why...?

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Confessions of a carpet fitter springs to mind :p

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Week to go :D
    Anyone else coming?
    Does anyone want to see Pirates of the Caribbean that weekend btw? In somewhere famous like Leicester Square?

22. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I might be around for one of the days:::

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Would be cool to meet up with you Tril

Quick query for Friday night when I arrive, checking for an ok route (not many changes) from Euston to DLR Custom House - this sound ok?

Euston to Moorgate
    Moorgate to Tower Hill where I go over to Tower Gateway
    Tower Gateway to DLR Custom House.

Seems fairly straight forward. Alternatively I could do ...

Euston to Bank Hall
    DLR Bank Hall to DLR Canning Town
    DLR Canning Town to DLR Custom House.

Think second one sounds better tbh.

24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I would defo go for the second option, Tim. I've also decided to give PotC3 a miss at the cinema I'm afraid, but it will be projected digitally at Odeon LS if that helps you decide??

I was going to say I'll meet you at your hotel on Sat morning Tim, but I'd quite like to use this opportunity as a dry run for CE, and because my train passes Lewisham on the way, I might aswell get the DLR from there.

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Ta Matt, will use that route then.
    We can still meet at the hotel I think, I am in PTI ExCel ;)
    Or am I getting confused?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.