main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Lone Female Jedi- the Totally Unofficial Kerra Holt and Knight Errant Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by dewback_rancher, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnJacksonMiller

JohnJacksonMiller Mastermind: KOTOR, LTotS, Knight Errant star 3 VIP

May 24, 2005
    And points to Tjace -- I was waiting for someone to mention old Heat and Snowy!

2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Thanks for stopping by, John! I will finally be by a bookstore tomorrow. I can't wait to pick it up! If you have any sway at all please push for these to be released on Kindle! I already clicked on the amazon link a few times.

3. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Alright, so what happens after this Wednesday? It's all over. Even my KE icons, if they're voted in, won't make it up for a couple of weeks.

I'd be happy if we at least knew there was another book or comic arc coming out. Even if it were months and months away.:_|

4. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    According to one of the latest issues of Insider (I want to say 128, but I'm probably wrong, given my short-term memory), there's going to be another arc sometime later this year.

As I recall, the timeline for all of Knight Errant, including the unnamed new arc, would be

Atlas piece->Influx->Aflame->KE novel->unnamed new KE arc

I'm just happy it's confirmed we'll get more Knight Errant.

Also...
    I'm honored you stopped by this little fan club I started, JJM! What can I say? I'm arguably the most die-hard Knight Errant fanboy on the boards at the moment, so when I saw no one had started this fan club, I just had to.

As I understand it, the more praise that gets out there for all of the work you and the rest of the people behind Knight Errant hear, the better. Well, expect a whole lotta praise coming from me- I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Knight Errant is so fresh, so fun, so (for lack of a better term) Star Wars-y, that it's like I'm a kid reading the Thrawn Trilogy for the first time, taking my first step into the larger world that is the EU. I can't thank everyone who brought us the whole project enough! =D=

5. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Oh god. Otter love. I've heard about this banner before, but... [face_sick]

So I've been thinking: is Odion really insane? Most people on the boards seem to think so. Yeah, he wants to kill everyone, but thats not too far outside the MO of a lot of Sith Lords. As far as I can tell, he hasn't exhibited any signs of being crazy like Damian.

6. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I hope you're right about a new arc, dewback.[face_praying]

On Odion's insanity: I'd say he's a little more extreme than most Sith Lords if his real goal is to literally destroy everything. Course it isn't his whole goal as we see farther in the novel. So no, he's not too different from other Sith Lords of the past (no idea how powerful he really is when you come down to it). He's maybe a bit theatrical but he's garden variety Sith.

Daiman is like Caligula to me. Pure crazy. Crazy at the expense of anything that truly represents the Sith legacy. Actually, I'd say neither brother gives a toss about real Sith dogma. They'd both acquire more stuff instead of more knowledge given the choice.

7. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Odion is older and has been dealing with his particular issues a little longer. We didn't try to climb too much in his head in the novel (there was plenty else going on) but the opening to #5 gives us a bit more of a look into his particular damage...

8. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    I seriously cannot WAIT until I get my copy of Aflame #5. Thankfully, TFAW only takes a week or so to deliver, and my bro ordered this last weekend, so... should come by this weekend. I hope. [face_praying]

9. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Ugh, I have to wait until I can go home from college before I can get #4 and #5.

10. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    My review of Aflame #5 is up in the discussion topic as of yesterday. Once again, everyone behind Knight Errant deserves a friggin' standing ovation. =D==D= =D= =D=

11. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    WOO! I think this is news worth double-posting for- you know how JJM recently had a Q&A regarding the KE novel, with two of the questions being randomly-selected to be answered, and the people who posed them getting a book-and-comic set?

Guess who was one of the winners? That's right- I won! [face_dancing]

I mean, seriously, what are the odds that the most rabid KE fan on the boards is one of two randomly selected winners, anyways?

...should I start worrying about being hit by lightning or something? [face_worried]

12. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    Congratulations!=D=

(notices a meteorite heading for dewback)

No, I don't think you need to worry about lightning.

13. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Oh, good, it's only a meteorite. See, I have this nasty fear of thunderstorms- a meteorite is okay by me. :p

14. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    A fear of thunderstorms? That must suck. Is it an actual phobia?

(watches as meteorite hits dewback, burying him in the ground. Looks down the hole at dewback's trapped form)

Should I get a ladder? Maybe a medic? An Ewok?

15. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    An Ewok medic?

And yeah, total phobia. I'd mostly gotten over it from when I was a kid, but then I woke up from the worst nightmare I ever had (one of those startle-awake-heart-in-your-ears-just-before-you-die-in-your-dream kind of abrupt awakenings) maybe two seconds before lightning hit a tree a block away from my house.

See, we were having a severe thunderstorm, and I had no idea it was going to hit. Until it blasted the tree less than a hundred feet from my window. And I sleep with my head maybe two, two and a half feet from said window.

And since it was, like, three in the morning, I couldn't wake myself up enough to get out of bed and keep myself occupied, and I was too terrified from the nightmare-and-thunder combo to go back to sleep, so I sat there awake for the three hours it took the severe thunderstorm to leave Sandusky.

Totally undid years of working to get over my fear of thunder and lightning, let me tell you. [face_frustrated]

16. The_Forgotten_Jedi

May 12, 2010
    (an Ewok wearing a doctors coat walks up to the hole, drops a rope down, and climbs down to assist dewback)

Ahh, thats adorable!

Getting over phobias is really difficult. I've got two: shots and dinosaurs. If you ever develop a fear of dinosaurs, never let your friends find out. Not fun. Nearly over both though.

EDIT: Just realized this news hadn't been posted in this thread for some reason:

17. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Totally excited to finally have a date to go by. Sometime in August? Eh, it's only, what, five months away? Mark your calendars, folks!

And yeah, I've got plenty more phobias- if I went and got going, it'd be a decent-sized list. What can I say? I'm a six-foot 300-odd pound chicken. [face_blush]

18. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    My book and comic set arrived yesterday- the book, the comics, and even the ENVELOPE are hand-signed, it's a regular manilla envelope with a million stamps on it that you'd see your aunt or grandma send you something in, everything that you need to give it that 'personal' touch.

Dangit, as if JJM NEEDED further proof that he's pretty much the best thing Star Wars has going for it at the moment! I'm keeping the envelope too, because that's just plain awesome- gotta love it when an author can take the time to personally mail these things themselves and not have their secretaries or something send them out.

If I can figure out how to get pictures up, I'll try to post the signatures, as well as the envelope. I've gotta share these. JJM, you are the MAN! [face_dancing]

19. JohnJacksonMiller

May 24, 2005
    Secretaries? We get secretaries?

If you got a mess of stamps, that would be the work of the postmistress at the little post office I took it to -- they don't have a machine. (And, yeah, she probably is someone's grandma!) Pretty rural in these parts -- thought I saw the Waltons there, picking up their dry goods!

20. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks again for holding the contest and sending it so fast, JJM!

Even better, you sent me the other variant cover to Aflame #1 than the one I'd already gotten. I mean, come on- as if the odds weren't already astronomical! [face_laugh]

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I put my review of Knight Errant and Knight Errant Aflame in two different threads (The discussion in Literature and the discussion in the John Jackson Miller thread) so I won't do it here. The short version is I REALLY like Kerra Holt.

I'm totally waiting to find more about her life and thoughts.

She's a fresh face to Star Wars and intriguing!

22. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Glad to have you here, Charles! We can always use another KE and Kerra fan.

She's definitely one of my favorite female protagonists to ever come out of Star Wars. As you mentioned, at some point, she IS going to burn out- and with the next arc taking her to her homeworld, I imagine it's going to happen, but soon.

Kerra's going to where it all began for her- but what's she going to find when she gets there? Totally can't wait for August and Deluge! :D

23. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Finally got my hands on #4 and #5! I'm off to (re)read the whole arc! :D

24. dewback_rancher

Aug 23, 2009
    Hope you enjoy! The end of the arc is really amazing. Each successive issue just keeps getting better and better- it's delivering everything I wanted from the series, AND more! [face_dancing]

25. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Sign me up for this club Dew. I read the KE novel over the break, and I'm hooked. I'm going to write a review over the weekend- long story short, JJM is brilliant, and Kerra is easily the strongest female protagonist in Star Wars since the Jedi Exile.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.