main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loneliness ( AU ) Obi (angst)/Qui-Gon completed *10/5* !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Angel_Skywalker, Mar 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    This story is placed after JA #7 !!

summary: It´s an AU and Qui-Gon didn´t take Obi back instead of this, Obi is chosen by a master called Marek Nool!! Now, one year past!!
    But look at the title, it´s not the best partnership ever, and hey, I think everybody wants him and Qui-Gon together ;) !!!

That´s all you have to need!!!

Everybody knows, Starwars belongs to Georg Lucas

I´ll hope you´ll enjoy:

There was a quiet noise downstairs. Obi-Wan looked up, Did his master come back? Probably.
    It didn´t matter. It was still night, he wouldn´t be needed until the sun would rise.

The small chamber he used during this mission was cold and dark and empty, like his feelings.
    He was sittig on the floor, his back pressed against the wall, his arms around the legs, which were pressed to his body, his head on the knees.
    This had developped to his favorit position, since he became Marek´s Padawan one year ago.
    He didn´t use his bed normally, only a few times during the last months.
    Sitting in this way the whole nights wasn´t very comfortable and of course he didn´t sleep well, the few times he slept!

But he felt saver, he didn´t feel so allone, and he could think. During the day he couldn´t, his master would be furious, he had to work hard, to please him!!
    But now he could think about the past. He did so everytime. he didn´t want to think about the present, no, not at night.

Sometimes there were thoughts about his time as initiant.
    Thinking about his friends, especially Bant, he was almost happy. They had a great time, together. Swimming in the lake, they told jokes to each other.
    A picture; Bant laughing, her friendly grey eyes looked so bright, like stars. She often slashed water at him!! Yes, these were good thoughts!!

But mostly, he had to think about Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon, the name allone was enaugh to burn his heart. They had a great time, too. But this time it was his fault that it end.
    HE hurt Qui-Gon, HE betrayed him, and yes, HE even took his weapon against him.
    "Wonderful", he thought bitterly: "I did a very good job leaving him. So good that I lost him forever. He would never trust me again, even if he wanted. I was such a fool, I couldn´t imagine how deep our bond was, the rest of it is still stronger than the new one to Marek, I couldn´t imagine how much I would miss him!!
    But in the end I got what I well-deserved!

Don´t be so ungrateful, he ordered himself. "I should be happy that there was someone who wanted me after my behavior on Melida/Daan!!! A few days later and I would have been sent to the Agri-Corps, again!!!
    Would that be so bad?"

Suddenly he heard steps, calm, determined, familiar. The boy looked on his chrono and got a shock.
    damn, he forgot the time!! It was morning.
    He sprang on his feet, too fast. He was a bit staggering, then he stood.

He streched his cramped arms and legs, locked his thoughts and feeling deep inside, took a deep breath and prepared himself for the telling-off, which would follow now.
    This was the beginning of a long hard and unfriendly day, there was bitter smile on his lips as he thought, like usual.

With a loud sound the door flew open...

Anyone like???

I hope it´s not too sad or too bowring ;)
    The next short post is written, I think I´ll post it tomorrow!!!
    It will be about Obi, too. But don´t worry Qui-Gon will come in soon :D !!!

Edit: English is not my first language, so don´t kill me because of my grammar and spalling, I do my best

Angel_Skywalker

2. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Great start! Poor Obi. Post some more soon!

Blade :cool:

3. RingThane

RingThane Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Wonderful! Keep going. I'm interested in how you plan on bringing Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan back together! :cool:

4. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, this does sound good. And so full of potential angst.

Do you really want to make us wait til tomorrow for the next post? :)

5. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    BLADE_KENOBI & RingThane: Thanks!!!
    Yes, I think it´s difficult to reunit Qui-Gon and Obi, perhaps the older jdei needs a kick in his...
    The next post is written, so I can post it now!! But it´s really short!!

"Obi-Wan!" Marek Nool´s voice was dangerously calm: "Do you know the time? I´m waiting for my breakfest!! It will be a long day and a master needs his bread, his eggs and coffee!! Is this too much to remember?"

"No, Master, I´m sorry!"

"Ah, you´re sorry? That doesn´t help. You should think about the consequences before you act!! Now I´ve to punish you, again."

"Yes, Master."

"Teaching you is a really hard job, Obi-Wan!
    You don´t want to learn anything!!"

"Yes, Master."

" Now, you´ll make my breakfest and because you´re late you won´t have time for your own. It´s your fault!! After this you´ll go to first officer Patrey´s berau and give him my last report! I could send it, but it looks much better if you do this personally,
    clear?"

"Yes, Master, I´ll do my work!!"

"I hope so. Ah...and Obi-Wan wash your self before leaving, you look awful!"

"Of course, Master"

"What are you waiting for? Go!"

"Yes Master", Obi-Wan said a last time and hurried downstairs. He was glad to be able to escape Marek for a while, it was everytime the same. He got rid of this! It was enaugh for him!!!

Anyone like???

I hope I didn´t mess the story up with this repetition of "Yes, Master" but it should show you the atmosphere!!!

I think I´ll post the next part this week-end!!!

Angel_Skywalker

6. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Thanks for not making us wait :)

It was short, but good. And yes, the 'yes master' did give some clue to the atmosphere that this particual master has created.

I soooo dont like him already. Where is Qui, and when is he going to get his head out of his....ahem. You know what i mean :)

7. RingThane

Mar 7, 2002
    Great post! Marek's got some nerve treating Obi like a slave!

Don't you just was to run Marek
    through with your lightsaber? [face_devil]

8. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    shanobi: Oh Qui-Gon does, what he can best, he plays the lone wulf :D
    More tomorrow!!

RingThane: Don´t tell me such interesting ideas, this would kill my fic :D

Angel_Skywalker

9. JoeyKenobi

JoeyKenobi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    Good story Angel, I like it already. Never to soon for Obi angst. I think you set the scene up really well. How old is Obi in this? I don't remember how old he was when he returned to the Jedi.

Keep up the quick posting that's really great. Even if they are a little short that's better than nothing.

Joey K.

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes,please continue this story.PEACE Ewen

11. RingThane

Mar 7, 2002
    UP!! 8-}

Can't wait for your next post!
    please don't make us wait long!

Or are you one of those cruel people that post for one day then leave us innocent readers hanging for weeks? [face_plain]

12. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    OMG.This is such a great story. Poor Obi. That master needs a good kick.

Can I kick him. Please please please.

13. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    JoeyKenobi: Thanks ;) !!! I´m always happy to see new readers!! I think Obi is still 13, when he returns. So he must be 14 now!!!

EWEN: Thanks I´ll do my best :D !!!

RingThane: Don´t worry I like this fic and it had been growing in my head for a while!! I know the important parts, yet!!!
    I only need time to write the story down, because I don´t want to mess it up!!!

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal: Thanks, you can take him for a while, but I need him back in one piece :D !!!!

OK, I think I´ll post a shorter one this night, or a longer one tomorrow, I´m not sure, yet!!

Angel_Skywalker

14. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Here´s the promised short one!!
    I hope I didn´t mess it up!!!

First Officer Petrey´s berau

" The first officer will have time for you soon", the young secratary explained.

Obi-Wan took a deep breath. She told him this four times during the last hour, and time was running!!

What a day, he thought bitterly, it wasn´t midday yet, and he displeased his master twice! Great job!!!

When he would come one hour too late, Marek would kill him! It was so unfair!! He did his best! He went fast through the city and talked calm and directly to the secrtary!!
    But his master would think, that he walked too slowly or that he made another fault! He would find something, like usual!!
    This wasn´t a good day. He couldn´t remember the last one!!

"Obi-Wan Kenobi! The first officer is expecting you!!" Finally!!

100 metres! Obi-Wan stopped running. Ok, now he was back, wonderful! He ran the whole way, although it doesn´t matter, he was late, too late!!

He crossed the street as fast as possible, wishing he would never arrive!! He wanted to do everything, but not to face his master, not one hour too late!!
    He took a last deep breath before opening the door...

Anyone like???

I think the posts with Qui-Gon will be better!! He will be in soon!!!

Angel_Skywalker

15. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    This is just a mean master right? Not one that beats poor Obi or anything right?

Yes, we need to see Qui soon.

Very quick with the posts you are :) I like it.

16. RingThane

Mar 7, 2002
    Yesss!! 8-}

Where's Qui? The man needs to straighten

up and fly right and save Obi from that

mean old nasty jedi master.

If he won't I'll hunt him down and give him a piece of my mind! That would not be pretty! [face_mischief]

17. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    shanobi: Marek is aweful, but not brutal! He´s better in psychological torture!! This cab be hard, too!!
    But there is the possibility that he´ll slap Obi in his face!!
    But not yet!!

RingThane: I think there´ll be one short post about Obi and then Qui-gon will come in, too! But don´t be suprise, sometimes he´s very slowly. Perhaps he neen a bit help of a little green master :D !!

Angel_Skywalker!!!

18. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    up up ansd where is another post.

I can't wait.

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Good story.I know you have to set it up but I am waiting for the"BIG GUY" to appear.PEACE Ewen

20. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal, Ewen: Thanks for the replies!!! I started with the next post!!! At first there will be a short part about Obi and than ( finally ) Qui-Gon will be introduced, but they won´t meet this time!!!

Angel_Skywalker

21. RingThane

Mar 7, 2002
    Can't wait for that new post of yours.

Up!!!!!! 8-}

22. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    RingThane: Thanks for upping, you don´t have to wait any longer :D !!!

The Obi part is a bit longer than I thought, BUT Qui-Gon is in ;) !!!

PLease enjoy:

"Oh, it´s you Obi-Wan. So you found the way back?! I´m suprised."

"Sorry Master, I know I`m late, but...."

" Stop it Obi-Wan! I´ve no time for your execuses, now. Our ship will leave in one and a half hour and I´ve to do some calls.
    But don´t worry, you´ll get your punishment later."

"Yes, Master."

"Ah...Obi-Wan, you like being punished, right? Why can´t you be an obeying clever Padawan?
    Being a jedi master is a hard job, even without teaching someone, who doesn´t want to learn anything!!
    I talked to the Council..."

" But Master! Please, I will..."

" Oh, not about you. You´re not as important as you may think Obi-Wan! I´m needed on Coruscant. There will be several important meetings. We´ll stay there one or two weeks.
    Don´t disgrace me in front of the masters!!!"

"Yes Master, I see!"

"Clean our rooms now, start upstairs with your own!"

"Of course, Master", Obi-Wan left the room.
    After closing the door quietly, he took a deep breath. He was relieved. This time he was very lucky.
    He knew, of course, that he only won a bit of time. But he learned to look only on the moment, and now it was enaugh.

There was another feeling, he wasn´t sure about.
    They would return to Coruscant.

The temple, place of savety, of joy, of hope!
    There was this joyful prickle in his stomach!
    But don´t forget, he thought, you´re with master Nool, this time. That´s another life, your own personal nightmare.
    He was afraid, afraid that this visit would poisin his nice and friendly memories of the temple.

~If you aren´t able to change things, you have to accept them, Padawan.~

Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan bit his lips, little tears appeared in his eyes.
    There was a kind of a smile, as he thought:
    "Yes,Master! I will do so!"

Velaan

Velaan mission report, number 8714.
    Qui-Gon made a grimace, he hates writing mission reports. But there was half an hour between his last meeting and his next.
    He was used to fill every single minute, doing something helpful, something useful.
    He didn´t vaste his time with unimportant things, like a walk through the garden...

*...or thinking, searching yourself for what´s wrong in your life?*

Qui-Gon was suprised, where did this thought come from?
    That was absolut nonsense!! His life was really good, the life of a jedi master!
    Nothing was missing, nothing!!!

Dynamicly, he grasped for the data pad. he had to work!

There were only two or three meetings left on this mission, he should call master Yoda for a new one. Yes he would do so after this next meeting.

He had the interesting life of a jedi, yes he had!!!

Anyone like???

I hope I havn´t overdone this!!!
    But it was hard to introduce Qui-Gon, to show that he is lonely, too.
    ( Obi-wan got the problem, at least. :D )

If there´s still any reader, I have to apologize, I don´t think there will be a new post until Wednesday!! This is going to be a hard week for me :( !!

Angel_Skywalker

23. RingThane

Mar 7, 2002
    Nice introduction of Qui! :D

I think he needs to start listening to his inner voice.

But then again that just would not be Qui-Gon would it ? ;)

*Does a double take.*
    WHATTT!!! No new post 'till Wednsday!
    *Walks away from the computer to sulk.*

24. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    No, you didnt go overboard :)

Looks like Obi still thinks of Qui-Gon as his chosen master. When will Qui ever learn? He put Obi through another year of hell because he didnt listen to the force.

I'll be so glad when he realizes what he's given up and what poor Obi's life has been like.

25. Angel_Skywalker

Feb 10, 2002
    RingThane, shanobi: Thanks for replying!! I´m glad you like the first part about Qui-Gon!! :D Written by hand it seemed a bit longer. *sorry* ´!! I thought about the next part, but I´m not sur if I´ll have time to post!!!

I also thought about the part, when Qui-Gon ( finally ) realize that he´s wrong, I like it so far!!! But I´m not sure if I can post it this way!!
    So please tell me if you find any part with too much angst/mush!!
    Sometimes I used to be a bit extreme ;) ;)

Angel_Skywalker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.