main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Lonely Jedi

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Jul 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    No, I can guarantee he has seen them, but like me, Sith firmly refuses to believe that there ever were any Batman movies after Tim Burton's exceptional efforts.

2. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    There are only 2 Batman films!! :mad:

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Personally I thought the first one was the only one that really stood out. The second one wasn't much different from the next 2 IMHO. I know you Tim Burton disciples would disagree though. ;)

4. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The first one was really the Joker's movie, the second we see much more of Batman, and less of Bruce Wayne.

With the other 2, Schumacher tried to blend the 60's camp batman with the visual style laid down by Burton, and this just didn't work.

I won't even go into the rubber nipples, the sonar suit, the rewriting of the death of the Waynes, and the Bat credit card...

5. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Please don't we'll never here the end of it

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, so sorry if I like Chris O'Donnell - I like all 4 movies though, but I must admit that the last two were a little corny.

Ooh, cricket's on - finally!

7. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nat, the thing about there being only 2 batman films has been something of an injoke among some of us for a while, it's got nothing to do with Chris O'Donnell, I actually thought he turned in quite a good performance, even if he was about 10 years too old for the part.

8. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I'm SO sorry if I didn't get your "injoke".

9. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    It's like some ppl ignoring alien3

10. Sith-Gecko

Sith-Gecko Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Hey, it's no offense. Those of us who worship Tim Almighty believe that when anyone else attempts to meld Tim burton's style with anything else, it fails. As per Batman Forever and Batman and Robin. Adding elements from the 60's TV show was wrong ...

It's not the actor's fault (Well ... ok ... Val Kilmer and George Cluney should be burned at the stake for their portrayal of the Dark Knight, but other cast members were just badly directed .. .except Arnie, who was merely badly cast)

It's just, to be frank, it would have been better had Tim Burton stuck firm at the helm.

11. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    Well at least George fessed up to killing Batman...

12. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nat, no need to be like that, I was just trying to explain where we were coming from, just chill, ok? :)

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    What do you mean chill? I DON'T like ****-stirrers. BTW, did you not read in an earlier post that I'm depressed and will get crcnky very easily?

Do you want me to disappear again?

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nat, noone is stirring anything, and noone wants you to disappear again, if you feel like doing so, stop looking for someone to use as an excuse.

You pop up now and again, state that you're bored & lonely, don't accept any invites to do stuff, then get all catty and leave.

Noone wants hostility on here, and we weren't trying to make you feel left out with the "in joke", it's just the way a lot of us are around here, that we take a thread and run it along a tangent.

Now, noone is trying to upset you, or get you revved up. but if you are experiencing these kind of problems, then I suggest you either lighten up around here, with what seems to be the only ppl who do care anything about you, or you seek professional help.
    Your call.

15. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Nat, noone is stirring anything, and noone wants you to disappear again, if you feel like doing so, stop looking for someone to use as an excuse.

You pop up now and again, state that you're bored & lonely, don't accept any invites to do stuff, then get all catty and leave.

Noone wants hostility on here, and we weren't trying to make you feel left out with the "in joke", it's just the way a lot of us are around here, that we take a thread and run it along a tangent.

Now, noone is trying to upset you, or get you revved up. but if you are experiencing these kind of problems, then I suggest you either lighten up around here, with what seems to be the only ppl who do care anything about you, or you seek professional help.
    Your call.

These are the sorts of comments that have been making many of our members leave. Comments have been made on here, some are meant to be jokes, some people like to muck around, some poeple even muck around to far. These things happen on a board, I understand that but these comments should be left off the board. If someone takes something the wrong way either ignore it or say sorry and move on. Thats all!!

16. Sith-Gecko

Jun 26, 2001
    SK, these boards are intended for discussion. And discussion includes opinion - in this case, it's the opinion of some ppl that the first two Batman films were better. A fairly valid opinion when substantiated. Nat toook offense where none was intended, and forgot that these were boards for discussion, and seems to think that just because she has a problem everyone will make room for her and agree with everything she says.

Other parts of these boards contain even more heated and opinionated discussion; EpI vs. OT and the like. Yet no one takes offense there. I have had people outright say to me that Fellowship of the Ring was pathetic and didn't compare to the books - fair enough, that;s their say. I might think it an unfair comparison, but I keep my mouth shut because that's their opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts about issues; since when did these boards become so tight that even free thought was banned?

I suppose that the point that I'm trying to get across is that we weren't stirring ****, merely representing an opinion. And people who dislike others having a say that displeases them should probably think a little more carefully about the other point of view, and know that every dispute, even friendly ones, usually has two legitimate sides. Therefore respect should be given to the opposing side.

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm not saying people shouldn't have there say because they most certainly should. People should speak out more and say what they like or dislike and this is the place to do it thats for sure.

What I am saying is that there is no need to tell people they should seek professional help when they take a comment the wrong way. Everyone takes comments the wrong way but there is no need to stir someone up when they misread something. It was directed towards the previous post not the Batman conversation. Thats all I was saying, I'm not saying you can't express your opinion because I think you everyone should, we all like and hate different things. Thats life. Thank you for your comment however. :)

18. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Nat is the one who brought her problems here, in several threads.
    As YOU have stated in the past, if something has been brought here, then anyone can say what they like about it.

However I notice when it's me, your respect for another's privacy is quickly forgotten.

I don't want another thread turned into an argument, but I think you'll find I was quite diplomatic with Nat for quite a few posts, and tried to let her in on what it was we were actually talking about with there being only 2 Batman films, and actually complimented O'Donnel on his performance, despite being miscast.

Now, for crying out loud, if it was me who started in on someone, being all snotty and upset, you'd be on at me like stink on a Schumacher film.
    Would you sit back and let someone have a go at you and keep your response off the boards? No you wouldn't, and no you haven't.
    And seriously, I wasn't being nasty about the professional help, I was deadly serious. [face_plain]

19. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Your right you were diplomatic for quite a few posts, until the last one. You can by all means say what you like, so can I thats why I was just saying its not needed I didn't say you can't continue to speak your mind about someone. Your right I must speak my opinion and won't leave a topic alone, especially if it involves me but then again so do you. Sorry to have upset you, it was just my opinion.

20. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    but then again so do you.

Ah, But I'm not the one exhibiting double standards here, and I do believe that post was also diplomatic, depsite ample oppurtunity and justification not to be.

I'm sorry you're not feeling the best Nat, I truly am, but I seriously do suggest that you do seek help if you feel your only resort is to come here and take everything ppl say as an attempt to get into a fight with you.
    We're all friends, and we do care about you, but seriously, please just relax the attitude, ok? :)

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Fine, I'm going now - for good. I'm SO sorry that I take things the wrong way (I'm a little slow when it comes to jokes) but I was hoping that someone could put a smile on my face. Maybe not. But when it came to seeking "professional help" that's what drove me over the edge and now I'm in tears.

It's been nice knowing you all. If I ever run into any of you on the streets (those of you I've met in person) I'll say hi. Everyone apart from Sith Magician who has really hurt me.

22. Sith-Gecko

Jun 26, 2001
    SM hasn't done anything to hurt you. His advice was genuine, believe me, I know him. I'm sorry to see you leave, but if this is the way you'd be acting every single time someone says something that displeases you in the world, then it might be a good idea.
    Goodbye, and it's a pity you had to drastically over react. SM is most certainly not in the wrong here; perhaps before you leave you'd like to reassess the situation with a broader frame of mind?

23. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm sorry you couldn't stay longer Jedi_Nat, cheer up & take care of yourself. :)

24. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    Nat if you calm down a bit you'll see there isn't a reason for you to leave, SM meant no offense and he has apologised for causing any. Believe it or not we would much prefer it if you stayed on the boards instead of going into hiding. Everyone here is a valued member of the boards in one way or other you included.
    If you have problems talk to some one about them it doesn't have to be a professional consullor if you like PM me or email me and we can talk, I'm good at this stuff just ask Geck :)
    SK thanku muchly for your contribution to this but please remember this is a dicussion forum and I know you have something against SM altho i have no idea what, please don't use this as another thread to rant and rave in. I think we all agree there was enough of that a while ago.

Again Nat there was no need to be offended at what was said. There are just some people here who revere Tim Burton as a God of cinematography (big words yay!) and have stronge opinions about the issues. This doesn't mean you can't have your opinions about this too you always can its a benefit of being an Aussie :)
    We would much prefer you stayed on the boards where we can talk to you.

25. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Me? A problem with SM? No way. He knows we pick on each other every so often. We blow alittle steam you know Good vs Evil, kill or be killed. Were livin...

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.