main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA LONG BEACH COMIC CON OCTOBER 29-31

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hanchewie74

hanchewie74 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2010
    Plan on being there, Bill and myself. I know for sure on Saturday. Can't wait for Tron!

2. CTCamrissian

CTCamrissian Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    I'm in too! But I already got my costume and it's not in the least bit Star Wars related. I'm basically going to be a zombie hospital patient (cuz it's cheap).

Peace

3. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    Ok finally got my halloween weekend plans all secured. I will be able to attend the Long Beach con on Friday.

4. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Hi Everyone, I won't be able to attend the Con this year. But I will be sending my best to the IEFF table from back east. Have a great CON and may the force be with you.[:D]

5. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I wont be able to attend also my work is offering overtime on Saturday until December and this will be helpful for the holidays but I'm still here lol [face_dancing]

6. RUjedi

RUjedi Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2006
    Will be there this weekend. Wife is making Harry Potter costumes for the family. See you there

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Howdy Kids! Okay here's the Con schedule:

Exhibitor Move-In:

Friday October 29 8:00am ? 12:00pm

Show Hours:
    Friday October 29, 1:00pm ? 8:00pm

Saturday October 30, 10:00am ? 7:00pm

Sunday October 31, 10:00am ? 4:00pm

Move-Out: Sunday October 31, 4:00pm ? 7:00pm

Okay the fun part, we need to know how many of you are going and for what times / days you can volunteer table time for. We need to have enough folks for this as to make sure the same people aren't manning the IEFF table for the entire event. We want everyone to enjoy the CON. I also need to know a number so that I can let the folks at LBCC know how many passes we'll be needing.

While at the table please be ON TIME for your shift and wear your IEFF lanyards and t-shirst proudly! If you don't have one, please wear a Star Wars t-shirt if you've got it. If you plan on coming and dressing up after, that's awesome too! Remember, we're getting FREE passes here, just do a shift of table time at the booth (longer than an hour please), and you've got the rest of the time yours, whether that's one day or all three.

Please post NO LATER THAN Wednesday on what time you can show up so we can start to fill in the time slots and so I can let the Con know what we need. Oh yeah, we're booth 1138, wahooo! You can go to http://www.longbeachcomiccon.com/ for all the exciting details of this great event!

8. RUjedi

Sep 2, 2006
    I got off work that day if you need help. Already have my passes for the weekend. Sadly no IEFF shirt. But do have a couple of Star Wars shirts. Let me know.

9. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Awesome!! Definitely come by so I can see all your costumes. :D

Help is always welcome. I think Mike (hanshotfirst) is gonna shoot ya a PM.
    And if you want to become part of the IEFF this is a great way to start. I think we will be doing a t-shirt run sometime too.

10. RUjedi

Sep 2, 2006
    That would be cool. I have another SW friend who lives in the OC who would be willing to help. My family is coming up on Saturday.

11. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Make sure you come by on Saturday and say howdy.

12. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Made it home from another successful Long Beach Comic Con, We had a blast and a great time, it was awesome seeing all the kids on Halloween all dressed up and most the parents joining their younglings in the spirit of costuming the first ever Long Beach Hallowed- Con (unofficially). A huge thanks to Caia and Allen for coming out on Friday and allowing Nicole and myself to run around the Con floor as they manned and womanned our booth, which was #1138 the best number in the Lucas universe!
    Also a giant shout out to Bill and Sandy who arrived early in the morning to man and woman the booth, and stayed until closing you guys are awesome!!!
    I t was great meeting you RUJedi and your family, we look forward to getting to know everyone better as you come to more events and join our family like group.
    I will be setting up a blog about the Con on our website shortly so be sure to keep checking it out, and I hope everyone can make it next year it really is time well spent.

13. RUjedi

Sep 2, 2006
    Thanks. My family had a great time. Will definitely attend next year. Let me know when the next event is going to be.

14. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Got an email from Martha Donato who runs the LBCC and here's what it said (Looks like we can start planning for next year!):

Dear Mike and IEFF,

We want to thank you for participating in the 2010 Long Beach Comic Con. Your continued support means more to us than you can imagine. It has helped us to grow the show in two years more than we could ever have hoped for.

We realize that there have been some concerns from many of you. We want you to know that we are listening to your thoughts and input, and it is greatly appreciated. With this in mind, we are implementing a couple of things right away to help plan for next year?s show. First of all, we are going to change to a two day show in October 2011.

The dates will be October 29 and 30, 2011, with a full day on Friday, October 28th for set up. The registration form is attached, with new pricing. We are also embracing the Horror/Halloween weekend element more fully, and will be renaming the show for 2011 ? Long Beach Comic and Horror Con.We believe that this will assist us in bringing in another audience in addition to our great focus on Comics.

We also listened to you, and we are bringing back the one day Comic Expo on April 23, 2011. It will be held in the Promenade Ballroom again, although this time we?ll be adding some programming rooms to expand the show?s offerings. If you?d like to participate in programming for Comic Expo, please let us know. We will have the same set-up as before (meaning limited booths are available), so reserve your space today. For complete details, please ask!

We are enthusiastic about next year?s line-up, and with your help, we hope to make 2011 better than ever. Please continue giving us your suggestions and help to make next year?s show the one that everyone wants to be at! After all, we cannot do this without your continued support.

If you have any questions or concerns, as always, please don?t hesitate to contact us.

Best,

Phil Lawrence and Martha Donato

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.