main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Long Beach Comic Con October 2nd - 4th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    I thought i'd start this thread as this looks promising so far. I want to again thank Stuart for finding this. I was in contact with the powers that be today and I got an email from the head person in charge for the event. I'm going to call Martha back and get all the details as well as clarify who and what we do as I spoke with her assistant. Here's her message:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry about Long Beach Comic Con and the participation of your Official Star Wars Fan Force. We would be pleased to have you be a part of the show. In the past, we have had various Star Wars clubs attend as a group to provide photo opportunities and, sometimes, crowd control assistance, as well as promoting the event to the group. I?d love to talk to you further about this, either by phone or email.

Looking forward to working with you!

Warmly,

Martha Donato

Director

Long Beach Comic Con

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Nice. Might be one to let the 501st folks know about too, if they dont already know.

I wonder if 4 Color Fantasies will be there?

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    why does he say "in the past . . " if this is the 1st one?

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I think they've ran a few other con events.

5. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

I noticed that as well and when I speak with Martha over there, i'll find out.:D

6. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I'm speaking with Martha at 9:30am to get all the details.

I will post what I find out.:)

7. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Alrighty then! I spoke with Martha (LB Comic Con Director) this morning and got the skinny on this event. First off, I want to say this event would be FREE to all that attend. I asked her about the "past event" quote and found out that she ran Wizard World for the past 10 years, so that's good. Those of you with costume are very much encouraged to wear them.

We'll have a FREE table to promote our group. Most likey by their Artist Alley

We'll have wristbands that identify us to be able to get in early + for FREE

We'll have to do a small amount of crowd control but we get a FREE Volunteer t-shirt! FREE SWAG!

We should be able to do a raffle as she thought that was a great idea. I'll check on the details.

Alright folks, in order to make this a reality, we're gonna need people to do this. I know we've got CHOC later that month. I know there's several of us that will be able to go the entire time and we're more than happy to help all that want to go as in ride/gas share, hotel if need be sharing. We could be part of something big here folks! Even if you show up for one day, it'll be so much fun and a great way to support your group! Oh yeah, it's FREE! I'm going to find hotels and the cost so that we can figure out money to do this. If we start planning this now, we could make this totally happen.[face_dancing]

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    General, count me in!

9. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I will be there on the Saturday.

10. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    I can be there Friday and Saturday. I am taking Friday off. I was going to go to Disneyland....but I might go to this instead. :D

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The hours for this Con are:

3:00 - 7:00 Friday, October 2
    10:00 - 6:00 Saturday, October 3
    10:00 - 5:00 Sunday, October 4

Long Beach Comic-Con site.
    I'm sure it's posted here somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

12. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    It says Seth Green is gonna be there.

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    I know this is a few months out but if we could post when you'd like to help out at the table for the group so we can start to get an idea of whose going to participate, that would be great. I have to let the folks at Comic Con know who'll be coming as they need to know for the amount of t-shirts / wristbands / etc. to send us.

We're going to need a certain amount of folks to commit to this as in order to get all the free stuff listed in the above past thread as well as this one. We've got to have people to be at the table. Ofcourse you'll be able to attend the festivities for free for doing this!

We're getting a hotel, so that if anyone needs to or wants to share the room / cost, you're more than welcome! The more the marrier!:D [face_dancing]

Who is going and what days can you be there:

Mike + Wifey / Friday, Saturday, Sunday

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006

Kari - Fri thru Sun (I plan on it at this point)

15. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm not really sure what day(s) I can be there, but I plan on being there.

Kari - Fri thru Sun (I plan on it at this point)
    Sonya - TBA

16. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Nikol & Ronnie - Le gasp! It's true. Friday and Saturday
    It's my birthday so we're going to go to Disneyland, but we'll be there
    for the Con. Anyone else want to make a stop at Disneyland?

17. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    That would be fun. Do the Con and stop off at Disneyland right up the road from there. Sounds like a great weekend for sure![face_dancing]

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    I'll be there on the Sat, 2 hrs at opening and 2 hrs at end. In between time I wanna check out the con as i'm just going for that one day.

19. Darth_Al

Darth_Al Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2009
    I might be able to do Saturday. Let me check my work schedule to make sure it's not my Saturday to work. Jen might be interested also depending on her work situation. Miss you guys and would love to take part in this.

20. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    As a reminder, this is an "official" event where the IEFF will be represented, which means you do need to be a full member to attend. I can't find the final revised charter, but here's the thread outlining the changes. http://boards.theforce.net/inland_empire_ca/b10462/30204068/p1/?8 :)

21. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Thanks for the reminder Sonya on that. FYI folks, I just got the registration packet and i'm going to be filling it out and sending it in today![face_dancing]

I've already started to look into hotels so that we can save there too. We need to have certain amount of people at this event to make it happen. How awesome to be part of this as it's the Charter year for one, and it's Comic Con for two!

As a reminder...

We'll have a FREE table to promote our group. Most likey by their Artist Alley

We'll have wristbands that identify us to be able to get in early + for FREE

We'll have to do a small amount of crowd control but we get a FREE Volunteer t-shirt! FREE SWAG!

22. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    FINALLY THE IEFF WIL RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To DisneyLand

23. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
  24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Le Bump.

Less than a month away now. Who's actually confirmed going to this? Do we have enough people to cover the whole weekend?

25. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Ronnie and I are going Friday and Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.