main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Long Lines

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by buzz57, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Does anyone expect long lines at C-3. like there was at C-2?

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yes. There will probably be longer lines since this is the last celebration. I just hope they don't do all the cool stuff on the first day, and then the rest of the week is devoted to people's toy collections.

3. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    to my understanding this isn't necessarily the last celebration. i think steve sansweet said something like they'd like to have others. if any follow they, of course, may not be as big since there'll be no movie release being anticipated.

anyhow, yes. there will definitely be long lines. they may improve from C:II, but lots of people=long lines.

4. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Definitely long lines! But at least this time you'll know what line you're in.... hopefully! ;)

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Yep,there will definitely be long lines. I think LFL and Gencon are trying as hard as they can to save people time. But,there's only so much you can do when 500+ people are in the same line at the same time. ;)

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I expect even longer lines than CII. At CII I stood 6hrs in line to meet Carrie Fisher. And when I got there all she did was complain about a baby crying.

7. KennethMorgan

KennethMorgan Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    As a veteran of both Celebrations I & II, I'd say you should expect long lines. Very long lines. Veeerrry loooooong lines.

But, then, they may have figured out a way to improve the situation, one hopes.

8. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    But, then, they may have figured out a way to improve the situation, one hopes.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm sure that it will be a lot more "livable" around the C3 quarters, but I'm still expecting long lines, there's not really a way to stop 5000 people from heading over to the Store at the same time, no matter what you pull in the schedule.

But Lines are a really cool way to find people to talk to and if you're lucky enough maybe even your soulmate (did happen, but not to me... yet).

For instance, I remember going to the museum on the thursday last time around, and met a mother and her child, on the sunday, same mother actually donated me and some of my friends a few donuts. ^_^

See a lot of good things happen in lines. If you're really lucky, some of your best memories:

*Remembers Carrie Fisher crossing the Celebration Store Line right in front of him in order to access her room, said Hi, she smiled and "hied" back*

9. Dark_Elling

Dark_Elling Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    Best memories in line!?! Perhaps the lines weren't all bad but lets not go nuts Uilmuteiz.

One day....perhaps the Saturday, I remember waiting in line outside the front of the building (1), being let inside the main doors to line up again at the tables were they checked your passes(2), only to be let through to line up in front of the main doors for the main Hall (C?.. wherever the vendor and autographs were), which opened a bit later (3). When that hall opened, we went in to line up in front of the autograph area (4) then we were let in to line up in front of the selected celeb (5)....yes good memories (true story).

Honestly, the lines have become increasingly longer for each Celebration. Not necessarily because of poor planning but I think due to an unexpected, overwhelming fan response for each event. It's impossible to have no lines when over 25,000 fans are clamouring for a piece of the action.

Don't be concerned about the lines just be prepared and be patient. The lines are an inevitable part of the event but you will still have a great time. Trust me!

I guess you could personally buy all the tickets. Then you wouldn't have any lines to worry about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.