main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Long Shot

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediAnne, Dec 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAnne

JediAnne Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 2002
    ive always wanted to go to PEI but i think most of the movie was filmed in Nova Scotia so i want to go here too.

2. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Oh yeah...I remember them my grandmother gave me the set of them a long time ago...I didn't like reading then so I didn't finish them but they had pretty cover!

3. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    Well, Nova Scotia is worth it too! All of that area is pretty. :)

4. JediAnne

Sep 10, 2002
    I sort of hate to bump this up but I am kind of having some issues again. Good Friday, on my way home from work, I ended up driving past him in his car. That was the first Ive seen any sign except his empty car since June. Even his empty car, that was only in the last month or so. And I've had two dreams about/with him in it. So he's kind of been on my mind alot again.

5. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Not to intrude into your personal life...but could it be that your dreams have been a result of having seen any sign concerning him?

If things are over between you two, it's probably best (for you) if you don't go looking for him around town. You'll sure to come across some sign of his presence (from time to time), but that only means he still lives in the area. I know it's difficult to wonder "what if"...but it's better for you to focus more on yourself, and spend less time looking for him.

It's not easy, many of us have been through this kind of thing. If you need to talk about this more...feel free.

6. JediAnne

Sep 10, 2002
    I don't go around looking for signs of him, and if I did, I sure wouldn't look where I saw him. I don't mind so much not dating him or whatever, but I hate to think that he hates me. Which he probably does. And I probably deserve it.

7. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I hate to think that he hates me. Which he probably does.
    That's out of your control, and to worry about it does you no good.

When I was a senior in high school, I started dating a girl...and we stayed together through my first year of college. While I remained friends with many people I'd met through her (including her mother)...I learned that she was going to Kent State as well. For a while, I kept wondering "what'll happen if we cross paths on campus?" And one day she did walk past me, and you know what...nothing happened. We don't talk to each other, and we're both doing just fine.

IF this guy is spending all his tiem and energy wasting time "hating" you...then it's his lose. You need to worry about what YOU need to do to move along with your life.

8. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Anne, I call shots as I see them, and I'm perfectly honest when I call 'em. You probably know this already, but I'll break it down for you anyway. There are generally three types of relationships guys and girls have.

1. Platonic. There is no romantic aspect to the relationship, but both people consider each other friends, and can care deeply for each other like a brother and sister.

2. The failed Platonic relationship that went well after the breakup. These 2 people are in the same situation as #1, except that they wanted to take their friendship further and explore romantic aspects of it. It didn't work out, but it was better for them to remain friends anyway, and things continued smoothly after the break up.

3. The failed relationship that was never Platonic to begin with. This most likely involves a relationship in which one person (generally the girl) is interested in the other as a friend only, and the other person (generally the guy) is interested in the person as a girlfriend/boyfriend (depending on who is who in the circumstances). When it's over, the person who wanted more out of the relationship is so hurt because they were investing so much more into the relationship to the point that they can't bear to see the other person any more.

I am guessing that your relationship with this guy is most likely number 3. Now while I'm not saying that the cause of the tension between you and this guy is your fault, like Krash said, how he behaves is out of your control. Sometimes seeing somebody after the dynamics of your relationship change is too akward and so people would rather just not deal with it. If it wasn't meant to be, you both eventually have to come to grips with it and live with it, whether that be in continued association with one another or not. I'm sure it hurts you to want to see him again if he doesn't feel the same way, but he's in a different place than you are. You can always hope that one day he might feel differently and try to patch things up.

I've noticed in my own experiences that open communication minimizes the amount of hurt when one person doesn't feel the same way as te other does. If everyone would be honest about their intentions from the moment they met one another, then a lot more people wouldn't feel so bad when situations like this take place. 50 Cent minus 48 Cent.

I'm generally the one who ends up getting hurt more than the one who does the hurting, but I feel bad for you Anne. I hope things get better between you two.

9. JediAnne

Sep 10, 2002
    Thanks for the advice. I think though it is past the point of thinking things could get patched up. At least I know how not to do things in the future. Meaning, if I want to talk to someone, I will just do it and not expect them to KNOW I want to still talk to them, and talk to me first.

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    It sounds like you're on the road to finding some peace (I hate the term "closure") with the situation.

I will just do it and not expect them to KNOW I want to still talk to them
    When you and this guy broke up, emotions are very high...sometimes things can be said (or not said) that would close this chapter in your life. Sometimes, you have to ASK the question, to get the answers (whatever it be).

Another thing that helps, fining NEW friends to associate with. I know there are some good fun people here at JKOC, you more then welcome to hang out here.

11. JediAnne

Sep 10, 2002
    =) When all is said and done, the year I shared with him was wonderful, and I wouldn't change any of it (like the stupid song THE DANCE). I have some very nice memories, and a hard-learned lesson to take from the experience. I guess that is what is important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.