main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Long time fan of the films, recently discovered the EU

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Gorfy, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Gorfy

Gorfy Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi there,

I've recently...ish (April of this year) discovered the wider EU outside of video games and am having an amazing time working my way through the books.

I look forward to some great discussions here.

Gorfy ^_^

Darth Kermit likes this.
  2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hello Gorfy! Welcome to the Boards and to the EU.

Which era are you reading about? Before the Prequels (Old Republic), Prequels, Saga or Beyond (after the Old Trilogy)? Which book did you enjoy the most so far?

I think you will like our Literature section. That's where we discuss the novels of the EU in great detail.

Enjoy your stay here! [:D]

3. Gorfy

Gorfy Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 13, 2013
    Hi Chilla,

Thank you for the welcome.

I haven't really got a set rule on time period, I'm jumping about a bit but trying not to spoil myself. I've read all of the Old Republic books other than Red Harvest, I'm a good way into the NJO, and I'm also reading through the Bantam era stuff as well as some of the standalones dotted about.

My favourite book so far is definitely 'Kenobi' I even wrote a review, I'm in fact trying to write reviews of all the books I read but there's a bit of a backlog hehe.

What's your favourite?

Gorfy ^_^

4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Welcome to the Forum, Gorfy!

Glad to have you here, and great to see another user with love for the EU material. Some great books out there and I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, discovering more of the SW universe...

Just shout if we can help you out here, and enjoy your time on the boards! :)

[​IMG]

5. Darth Kermit

Darth Kermit Jedi Knight

Oct 22, 2013
    Welcome Gorfy!

I'm also just discorving the wider array of Wars materials. I'm getting through the Old Republic stuff at the moment.

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012