main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Longevitiy of Alien Species - Specifically Twi'leks

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Matthew_Wolverine, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Does anyone have information about their longevity? Do they age at about the same rate as humans? I was thinking that, but I don't know if it's correct.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I'd say the same rate as a human.

3. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    Good question. I'd like to know just how long a Shistavanen lives for, but there's not much offical information on them, so I guess I'll just have to make it up. If anyone knows anything about them, I'd like the information!

4. AlrikFassbauer

AlrikFassbauer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2003
    About the Twi'lek : We can find two bits :

- In Episode I , we see someone standing behind Jabba. If this person really is Bib Fortuna, then he must be quite old at the meeting with Luke Skywalker.

- In the comic "Rite of Passage" , Nat Secura is a small boy.

In "Tales from Jabba's Palace" , he is still alive.

This is what I've found.

Additionally, in the "Tales of the Mos Eisley Cantina", we read about the Shistavanen Wolfman, who died in the Battle of Endor.

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Well, Twi'leks have a very harsh homeworld, so they would have to be very hardy to survive. They had a primitive industrial civilization when the Republic discovered them, and when they suddenly got the benefits of the rest of galactic civilization but still had their hardy breeding, their longevity probably increased (we don't know exactly how long they live, no).

Yes, it's possible the Twi'lek in TPM was Bib Fortuna, because he served Jabba for more than 40 years.

6. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    A little bit of advertisement ;) : In my current signature (and bio) there is a link to a story wherein I had put an end to him. ;)

Hutts are said to live several hundred years.

By the way, I suspect Jedi to live *much* longer than non-Jedi, no matter of which species.

But I have no real evidence for that so far (except Yoda, if his life-length has really been influenced by the Force .... ).

Chadra-Fan have quite a short live-span : I read somewhere that 40 years is a high, respectable age for them ...

7. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    In Episode I , we see someone standing behind Jabba. If this person really is Bib Fortuna, then he must be quite old at the meeting with Luke Skywalker.

He would be old but he wouldn't necessarily have to be extremely old. He could be in his sixties which although old isn't that old.

8. AlrikFassbauer

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes, good point. I was always weak in maths. :p

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    (except Yoda, if his life-length has really been influenced by the Force .... )

There's two schools of thought on this, and I'm not sure which one is right. It may be a species trait, because Yaddle wasn't nearly as strong as Yoda in the Force, and yet was thought to be young at 400 or something like that. Although, Yoda's comment before he died ("Strong am I in the Force, but not that strong") may indicate increased longevity for Jedi. Come to think of it, other than Yoda, we've never really seen how old a Jedi is when dying of old age, all of the Jedi who have died off so far have done so rather violently.

10. Hydralisk

Hydralisk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2000
    The Ultimate Alien Anthology has age listings for each species in the book. While I tend to pick and choose according to what fits me, it is a great reference guide.

For Twi'leks, 80+ is considered venerable and (for emimar) 96+ is venerable for Shistavanens (according to the UAA).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.