main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Longtime lurker, lifetime star wars fan

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Lycan, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    Finally wanted to join up & take part in the discussions. I've been a lifelong star wars fan. My mom said my first movie was the original star wars ep IV when I was 1, and I guess it always stayed with me. I have a love for the movies, comics, novels, toys, and games. Much to my wife's dismay. As my son gets older I've been exposing him also to the star wars universe, and it's allowed me to relive the story through his eyes.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Lycan: Failte Nua Duine. Brilliant name. Are you a fan of any specific films/lore re: werewolves or did you go for just a general use of the term? You like a lot of various aspects of SW, so I will spare you links to the entire board system. Go look around, get inovled, have a blast, and if you happen to require assisitance, this is your tech support thread. Welcome a'bored.

3. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome. I've been lurking for many years, and just got the urge to join with the excitement of ep VII. I used to subscribe to sw insider for info, but this seems like a better source of info in the digital age. I have a werewolf themed tattoo sleeve, and Darth Lycan just seemed to fit. A Lycan is different from a werewolf as he has the ability to control his transformation. I was just going for a general use of the term, but after SW I'm a general sci-fi movie junkie so I have a lot of favorites. I'm def a hardcore fan. I'm staring at my lifesize Darth Maul in my basement as I type this lol.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Sweet. I know my lycanthropy lore, so I was using the term liberally. While an obvious SW fan, my first cinematic love are Universal's Classic Monsters. Would love to see the tat if you ever upload pics. Since you are a seasoned lurker, we probably don't have to point the way to what you're interested in. So, go have a riot and fall back here if any issues arise.

5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome. There is a great community of folks here.

6. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Ben Kenobi

So, you have a lifesize Darth Maul in your basement... Nice!

7. CloneTrooperFox

CloneTrooperFox Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Welcome Darth Lycan. Awesome story! I hope to talk with you on the board in the future.

8. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    Awesome, I love the classics as well. My fav werewolf themed movie is dog soldiers if your familiar? I snapped a quick pic of my sleeve for you of the largest image. It's hard to get decent pics of it due to the angles. I'm pretty heavily inked. I started collecting tattoos in the navy & continued on after I left. Once, I was done school, and secured a decent job I added heavily to my canvas. No SW tats, yet...
    [​IMG]
    yes found it at a farmers market of all places. It was one of the original pepsi display models for TPM.

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

General Immodet likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Darth Lycan: That ink is filthy. That turned out brilliant.

Yep, I love Dog Soldiers. I think my current favorite "wolf" film is probably still Ginger Snaps. I don't know if that can possibly be toppled on that particular list for me, yet.

10. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    also a good one

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    As I am not insane, I definitely revere American Werewolf in London, Howling, and of course the Chaney Jr film and Werewolf of London in the highest esteem. But, I think Dog Soldiers and Ginger Snaps are the best of modern attempts to actually advance the mythology on film. I admit to rather liking the Wolfman remake for some odd reason, as well. Aside from the ending...

Darth Lycan likes this.
  12. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    I don't know why dog soldiers struck a chord with me? Prob because it was a well made low budget movie that just worked for me & it had some humor & a certain cheesiness to it. I like all werewolf flicks. Even cursed wasn't too bad lol. I like the new wolfman & the ending could've been better for sure. I'm a sci-fi/horror/action kind of guy so I'm always watching movies in my limited free time. I need more hours in the day to keep up with all my interests.

13. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That tattoo looks really good! Wow!

It's not too long ago, that another SW fan, who loves Tattoos, sighned up. Maybe you'll meet one day. :)

14. Darth Lycan

Jan 28, 2013
    You never know? Clouded the future is.