Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason-Fett Jedi Youngling

Hello,
    I just found this forum & thought perhaps I could start some activity. Any more news about forming a Gainesville FanForce?
  2. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    It has been quiet around here lately, Jason. But remember, it only takes three people (from separate households) to start a FanForce chapter.

If you, or anyone else in this forum have any questions about how to get the ball rolling, please feel free to contact me via private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. :)
  3. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I would be interested in being part of a Gainesville FanForce. I just found the forum but I do live in Gainesville.

Leia
  4. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Just wait for the students to return and we can have a small group.

Sign me up.

See ya soon,
    JediKnightOB1 aka Darren
  5. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I work in Gainesvile but live in Live Oak. Can I join the Fan Force?
  6. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone heard about a Fan Force chapter in Gainesville now that school is back in session.
  7. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    I guess not CrystalKenobi, It's just you and me. Want to have lunch sometime... anyone else want to have lunch / dinner...

A small morsel, hot pocket... pint of Guinness (for those of you that are the legal drinking age.) I'm of age but I am also the Designated Driver.

"crickets churping"...

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...

If anyone is in Gainesville and reads this post, we would be interested in meeting up and doing something fun as a group...

Hello, is this thing on?
  8. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hi all! I'm up for this. Just let me know when and where.
  9. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes I would be interested.

We should also try in 2005 to get a group together to see the first showing of Starwars EPIII when it comes out.
  10. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I think getting together for the movie would be great. I always have to convince my friends to go with me and bribe them to sit there for hours in line for seats. This way I would have some people to talk to that love what I do.
  11. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    How about dinner and a movie? Does anyone elso know anyone on the boards that is in or near G'ville, Florida?

Let's get the word out. PM each other, post something, anything, let's do something fun.
  12. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I guess we need to look into who is posting to see where they are from. So far I only know a couple.
  13. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    JediKnightOB1 aka Darren here,

Reporting for duty. I live in and work in SW Gainesville, FL.

Has anyone contacted "DarthFruitCake"? No, I am not making that up.

Who's up for dinner and a movie?

Best,

JediKnightOB1 aka Darren
  14. Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes, this definitely sounds interesting. I'm in, depending on my schedule. :)
  15. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I'm reporting in. I live in Gainesville. Weekends are best for me. I'm up for dinner and a movie or whatever else we come up with. Just let me know.

Leia (aka Mary)
  16. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Same here just let me know.
  17. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    I would like to propose for a Friday evening. Let's say October 17th.

Who is a vegeterian?

Who is allergic to anything?

Who likes pizza...?

All-you-can-eat...?

Sushi?

$10 for dinner?

No more than $15 for dinner.

What movie is going to be playing in a month?

Any other ideas?

Bring a friend, parent or whom ever.

Let's have fun.

Any other ideas?
  18. Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm not a vegetarian, I'm not allergic to anything, I love sushi, and I'm up for any kind of food. October 17th looks good. I just need my parents to approve. :p
  19. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Bring them along. Do they like Star Wars too?

Anyone have any other ideas?
  20. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    As of right now Oct 17 looks good. Hollywood.com has a place where the post the release dates of movies.

Please no sushi! I agree no more than $15 to $20 . Do we eat before or after the movie? I might be able to bring some of my coworkers who might want to get out after the Oct 15th deadline we will see.

We do want to go somewhere where we don't have to worry about how slow they serve. When my coworkers and I went to the movies last month we went to a resturant before the movie thought we had pently of time ending up by the time our food came we had to almost eat while running to the theatre.

Oct 17th will be after payday for some so that will be good.

Friday's works well for me as I will be in Gainesville and can go after work.

21. Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My dad likes Star Wars... Mom tolerates it.... I guess I could bring my dad. I'll see if he's off -- he has a really busy schedule.

If not, I'll just bring a friend with me; I can think of several who'd love to come along.
  22. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hi all! I say we eat then movie. I will have my daughter and she is 2 1/2. Anytime after 6 is fine with me. I am already starting to get her into star wars. I have the stories that have pictures that she likes me to read to her at bedtime. She picks them not me. But I love to read them. Actually, mabye I can get a babysitter for that night. I'll have to think about it since I have to split weekends with her father.
    Leia
  23. CrystalKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    You have stories with the pictures in them. I have a 2 1/2 year old nephew that I would love to be able to read that book to him. Whats the name of it.
  24. JediKnightOB1 Jedi Master

star 5
    Hello all,

I'm up for it. All of the good restaurants are on Archer Rd.

How does Olive Garden sound?

Tony and Pats?

TGI Fridays?

Steak and Ale?

Moe's?

Weezers?

Atlanta Bread Company?

Hungry Howies Buffet?

Carrabas?

Outback?

Chili's?

Paneras?

Captn' D's?

Shoney's?

Waffel House?

Ashleys Pub?

McAllisters?

Then there are a few places on Newberry Rd.

Rigatellis (in the Mall)?

Quiznos?

Gators Dockside?

Mildred's Big City Eatery?

Ivey's Grill?

Bally-Hoo?

Those are just few that come to mind...

So far I am the only guy. Let's figure out where to eat. Dinner first and movie second.

What we need to do is reserve a place to eat. Table for eight or however many we need and we all meet at that time and we are served on time. That way we can get to the movie on time too.

We may need to purchase tickets earlier that day or week as well. As the time gets closer we need to decide on what is playing and what out tastes and styles in movies are.

Yes, I can sit through a "chic flick" but I don't like slasher movies.

Any other ideas?
  25. Leiaremer Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Crystalkenobi,
    The books are name for the orginal trilogy. Then I have a book called the Skywalker Family Album that she likes. I think the orginal trilogy also came with workbooks and other things in a packet. I can't remember. My mom used to give me everything she could find of star wars. I'll look and see if I can find them for you since I go shopping (well, window shopping) alot.

Leia
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.