main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bandalak

Darth_Bandalak Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2006
    Dumb? Maybe. Curious? Definately. Is there a certain age you have to be to join? If not, sign me up for about 9 weeks from now. My dad will (most likely) be interested as well.

2. Sledge_circuit

Sledge_circuit Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2006
    hey just curious when do you guys and gals get together? I've noticed it seems a little slow here.

3. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Hello everyone! I think we should have a meeting on Friday, Sept. 15. The game that weekend is away in Tennessee. We can do dinner and bowling this time. For dinner, let's try someting new. Please list your ideas here by this Friday so we can make our decisions. Also, remember that some of us (especially me) are broke. So, dinner can't be too expensive. Then we can go bowling about 9ish at Alleykatz on 34th St. Don't worry if you can't bowl to well, neither can I. I usually have the lowest score so you will probarly beat me. After all, its just for fun. Then maybe we can start meeting at a regular time and find other exciting things to plan.

So, who's up for the meeting?

Mary

PS. Isn't the winner the one with the lowest score anyways?? ;)

4. Sledge_circuit

Aug 16, 2006
    cool sounds good but got to work so cant make it myself.... I only get Sat and sun nights free due to my work schedual.. ahh I suck at bowling anywho..

5. HornzOverHalos

HornzOverHalos Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2005
    The wife and I are probably down for some fun after a hectic 2 months.

We'll be there!

As for dinner ideas, I'm not too familiar with what is there and what isn't.

McAllisters was really good last time, but if you guys are sick of it that's cool.

I'll find something to eat anywhere (except Taco Bell [face_sick] )

6. Sledge_circuit

Aug 16, 2006
    hey would you guys consider doing it on a Saturday?? I work 10-12 hrs a night from 5pm to whenever we get off usually 3-5:30 am. so you can see its not easy for me to even think of doing anything on a Fri night.

7. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    No ideas on dinner yet so I'll post something this weekend for next Friday. We can discuss the nights (Friday vs Saturday) next week also. However, we have one member who has been with us since the beginning who can only make it on Friday nights since she lives so far way. Maybe we can do every other meeting or something. One Friday night and one Saturday night....we'll have to see. I know we can work something out for everyone.

Last chance for sugesstions for dinner. I will post it probarly Saturday night.

Can't wait to see everyone next Friday night.
    Mary

8. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Dinner had now been decided. We will be meeting at the Altanta bread company on archer rd. it's next to the texas Roadhouse. If anyone needs directions, please let me know. then we will be going bowling. I hope to see everyone there.

Mary

9. HornzOverHalos

Nov 22, 2005
    Sounds good.

I'm sure we'll find it, but how far past McAllister's is it and on which side of the road?

10. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    If you are coming from the interstate, it is before McAllister and on the same side of the road. It is in it's own building. I hope that helps.

Mary

11. Darthtengence

Darthtengence Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    If you need more specific directions let me know. Chat with you later. Yes ill be there Friday Mary would kill me otherwise plus i would miss seeing you all you guys hehe. BTW Laura is back in Florida just she is in the panhandle.

Jason

12. HornzOverHalos

Nov 22, 2005
    We'll be there tonight!

13. HornzOverHalos

Nov 22, 2005
    What time are we meeting at the Bread company?

14. General_Diyas

General_Diyas Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    hey all, i havent checked my email in a long time, sorry. i got the job of being a cashier at publix. i was wondering whats up with the group? and i need help in finding a costume of Han Solo and Leia from "A New Hope" for me and my girlfriend. we want to as them for halloween. any suggestions? i have to get some food night now, i am starving! talk to u later. May the Force Be With You.

15. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
  16. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    I need some nerdy companionship. I may come to my first meeting. I usually hang out in the Costume/Props forum... so if anyone would be so kind and PM me so I remember to check here.

If you do remind me I can bring some sabers to play with. I have two light-ups (luxeons) we can duel with. Some static hilts including a vintage graflex to make my Luke ANH!:D

BTW if you ever have a lightsaber itch I'm the guy to talk to in Gainesville. I moderate the forums at www.thecustomsabershop.com

17. Sledge_circuit

Aug 16, 2006
    hey xwing.... you know me by Eclipse over in the other forums....well you know I'm always itchin to take a nice ride on the bike. so if you are ever wanting to just get together for coffee of something let me know...F.Y.I I work mon through Fri so just try to make it on a Sst or Sun...... ohhh and I wouldnt mind being able pick you're brain on my first custom hilt design....

18. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    Cool, not a problem. These next two weekend are really bad (final models and tests in the first big gauntlet of the year), but after that it should all be fine.

19. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Does anyone want to have a meeting/get together on Friday night, Oct. 13? We can meet for dinner and then go and do something else. Let me know what everyone thinks and their ideas.

Mary

20. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    Not a problem for me. I'll show up.

21. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    How about we do dinner and bowling again since it was such a success last time? Are there any suggestions for dinner? I will post a decision this coming Monday.

Mary

22. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Hello all,

I am moving out of Gainesville. Of course I am still going to be a part of the group. I just wanted you all to know that I am moving 40 miles away that's all. I'll still be seeing Penny and I will still be able to make meetings.

Here is a copy of my letter that I sent to everyone...

It has been a long time since I moved to Gainesville from West Palm Beach in 1992. Now I am moving in with my parents so that I can help them in building their new home. I am currently packing my items for storage and I am putting the finishing touches on my documentary on the Cross Florida Barge Canal / Cross Florida Greenway. Once I have finished building my parents new home I will be onto newer projects in the world of film.

Best,
    Darren

23. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Darren,
    I hope that everything goes great with the house. I hope that you will be able to make it to the meetings. We are meeting this Friday. Dinner and bowling.

Mary

24. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    How about for dinner we meet at McAllister's. We can even eat outside since the weather is cooling down. So, we can meet at 7pm at McAllister's on Archer Rd in the Bulter Plaza. Then we can go bowling at 9pm at Alley Katz on 34th Street. How does that sound.

I will hopefully see everyone there,
    Mary

25. xwingband

Aug 25, 2001
    Cool, works for me.

I wonder if it will be any fun bringing some stuff to show... I'll have to finish my x-wing helmet soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.