main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Darren your idea sounds good.

You are right about there not being a lot of choices. There are some movies that sound interesting, but may not be to the whole group. Are there any that you are interested in or leaning towards? What about you Leiaremer?

Steak and Ale sounds good. Michelle and I are looking forward to meeting the group.

2. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm at home now. So what do we want to do.

3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Let's do the Steak and Ale thing and then see about a movie. I just wish that there were better choices.

We do have a good chance of seeing a movie because people are going out of town for the game.

I don't wish to sound to forward, however, we could watch a movie on DVD at my place or we could go to Barnes and Nobles and read books.

I am open to different solutions for entertainment.

Keep your fingers crossed about a movie.

See you soon,
    Darren

4. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Unless I hear differently when I check this site in the morning, Michelle and I will be at the steak and ale at 6:30, and then we can decide what we want to do. For now I have to go.

5. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    6:30 at Steak and Ale. Bring your appetite.

Let's play it by ear as far as movies are concerned. I'm open to whatever you guys want to see.

See you then,
    Darren

6. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    I will be at Steak n Ale. But I will have my daughter with me. I was unable to get a babysitter for tonight. Let's play it by ear on the movie for tonight or whatever else we want to do. I will be the one with a child called Mara who never listens to me. See everyone tonight.
    Mary

7. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay I agree we will play it by ear. See you all tonight. I look forward to meeting your daughter also. Michelle has a daughter and I have a niece so we if we can't find anything else to talk about can talk about kids. :D

8. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Dinner was a success, CrystalKenobi and I would like to include everyone for next month. Please considder bringing a friend.

We would like to plan a dinner and a movie for November... watch this forum for more details.

The movie will most likely be Matrix; Revolutions.

We would like to do it the week after the opening of the movie so that the hype has died down.

9. MobartZmuda

MobartZmuda Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey I live in Gainesville and would like to join up.

:)

10. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    We would be honored by your presence in the G'ville forums.

11. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    I am sorry for missing dinner. I came down with a migraine and had no way of letting you guys know. I was really upset for missing it. It was my highlight for the week. I will be at the next one. Does any one want to start a fanforce?
    Mary

12. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Mary

Sorry about the migraine, as one who suffers from them also, I know how it feels. Look forward to meeting you next time.

MobartZmuda,

Gald you could join us on the board. Hope you can join us on our next outing.

RE:fan force, sounds like an idea. Does anybody know what we need to do.

13. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm all for starting up a fanforce in G-ville.

This is what posted about starting up a fanforce in G-ville:

I'm a student at UF so I've got tons of free time so I can meet pretty much whenever it is convenient for the rest of you.

14. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    D'oh!
    For some reason you can't italicize or use bold text, nor can you edit your post in these forums. :confused:

Ok, my last post should have read that Minacia_Brightstar, the FanForce RSA for
    Southeast U.S., said:
    "To become an official FanForce chapter, you must hold three announced meetings, with at least three people in attendance at each meeting. When y'all have decided when and where to meet, someone needs to send me all the information so that I can post a meeting announcment on the FanForce website. All meetings must be posted on the FF website for them to count toward your official total. It is also a good idea to post a meeting announcement thread in this forum, so that folks who visit here will see it."

Now my last post should make some sense, lol.

15. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay the Matrix moive comes out Nov. the 5th. So we should plan a date for sometime after that weekend. Also here is a challenge If you have not seen both movies, the challenge is to watch all the movies before we go to see the 3rd one. I've seen the first one, so I am going to rent the 2nd one sometime either this weekend or next.

16. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    I like the first Matrix film alot, but I think Matrix reloaded kind of sucks, but that's me. I just don't like where the story is headed, but I'm still hyped to see Revolutions.

17. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    I am pumped about the next meeting "Dinner and a Movie" as we planned for last time. Dinner was good at Steak and Ale. I will be going to Chicago on the 11th of November and will return on the 18th. Let's still do it as a Friday night event.

I am in the process of getting a better job, please bear with me at this moment. Not to worry, I am looking in the area.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the next meeting. Please bring a friend and we can do this as a group.

What are the plans CrystalKenobi?

18. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Michelle and I have already talked about it. The Weekend of the 28th would not be good because of Thanksgiving. She just needs to know a week or two in advance to get Friday off. I like the idea of again eating before going to a movie. Was thinking about TGIF as one possible eating place, again depends on where the movie is. I think last time Matrix was out, it was playing in only one of the theatres or a least for a while. Could be wrong. So at this point I would guess a good date might be Nov. 21st. How does that sound.

19. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Once again, I'm afraid I can't come. :( :_| I'm going to a concert put on by a local band who goes to my school (two of them are very good friends of mine), and they asked me a couple months back if I would be there for moral support. Plans change, but I think I'm sitting this one out again. :(

20. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    If anyone has another date in mind, that would be fine, just let us know.

21. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    I will be there for this one. Just let me know. I have seen both Matrix but have promised a friend to see it Nov. 5. I don't mind seeing it again though. And I promise not to spoil anything.

22. MobartZmuda

Apr 3, 2002
    Hey, are any of you going to Gator Growl? Perhaps we could meet up there or something.

23. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Gator Growl is a good idea, but just a train wreck of a show. Sugar Ray? What is that?

We should try for a day when Crystal is in town. (She lives in Live Oak and commutes to work) It has to be a weekday.

The "Dinner and a Movie" idea is a good motif but let's not limit ourselves to food and movies.

There have to be other things that we could do as a group.

If it has to be in December, then "so be it jedi."

See you all soon.

JediKnightOB1 aka Darren

24. SockofCK

SockofCK Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2003
    If we need to move it to a Saturdays, most of the time that will be okay, unless something comes up. I can't go to Gator thing though. And if we need to move it to December that will be fine also. The only thing I have to worry about is when the office's Christmas Party will be that month.

Lets start a list of things we can do:

Dinner
    Movie
    Bowling
    Picnic at a park

25. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I went to the Columbia county fair this weekend. That got me to thinking that on one of our future group outings could be going to a fair.

Still thinking about what to do on our current outing we are trying to plan. Ive watched half of the 2nd matrix movie so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.