main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    hey ya'll we got a liberty port in Malta, so here i am!

I think we should pick a few names,for the club, then let a poll decide...just my 2 cents.
    I've been walking around and taking photo's hasn't been much to see up until now..Just water on all sides!
    But at least I get to go flying and get fresh air.
    Well it's almost time for lunch so I think I'll go to McDonald's to get a McPork with supersized homefries and a McBeer.... It's just like the states I tell ya!
    :)

2. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Hi. They will be a retro 80's movie for about a month at the Royal Park theathre if any one is interested in that. It might be fun to see some of those movies on the "big screen". I can get more information if anyone is interested. I might be a fun group activity.

Mary

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That does sound interesting. I would be interested.

4. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Just give me the heads up and I will be there. Yes, I will stay longer, I promise.

5. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    This week they are playing Raiders of the Lost Ark and next week they are playing Goonies. Not sure what's on after that. I have never seen either of these movies on the big screen. So, if anyone wants to see these movies on the big screen just let me know.

Mary

6. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    I've never seen Raiders on the big screen either and I don't remember what the other one is about. But I am interested in seeing either one we decide on.

7. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Hey guys,

Remember if we want to have an official meeting we need to let Mandy know. She will make an announcement and we will get credit for having an official meeting.

Let me know when you plan on meeting up.

Best,
    Darren

8. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    ok, here's the scoop. The retro movies are playing only at 11:30pm. Week one - (this weekend) is Raider's, next weekend is Goonies, and April 2 is Spaceballs. I partically love Spaceballs and would love to see that but the 11:30pm time is a real late time. Let me know what every one thinks.

Mary

9. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    You know I haven't been to a late movie in well years, the 11:30 might be kind of fun thing to do for a change.

I say in order to give time to have an official notice of a Fan Force meeting, lets go with the Goonies or Spaceballs. We could meet up for a late dinner or something before the movie.

crystal

10. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Good call Crystal, SpaceBalls would be a good movie and we at least have three people. We could take a picture and even post it after we had our meeting.

Crystal this means that we are going to have a "Dinner and a Movie" after all.

11. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Okay, so if everyone is in agreement we will go for April 2nd. Great. Now where shall we meet and time. Hmmmm. :)

12. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Crystal and Mary,

My friend Nat and his wife Susan will be visiting sometime that week. He was originally from G'ville and moved to California to go to school in 1992.

It just so happens that he will be in G'ville to visit his mom and dad, and I met them on the Force.net

As soon as we get the date and time let's post it with Mandy.

Chat soon,
    Darren

13. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    I'm up for dinner and the movie Spaceballs. I can't do the Gonnies movie since I'm doing walk america the next morning and have to be there at 7am. Let's go ahead and official make the announcement. Do we want to do a late dinner? I have to attend a candle party that night but it's over at 8:30 so I'm free to meet after that. Actually I can leave at any time.

Mary

14. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Late dinner is fine with me. I think there are plently of 24 hr places around so we should find someplace that is open past the 9 hr.

15. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    There are a few places by the theater that are opened till 11 if we want to eat there. There is Moe's (Mexican), Quizno's (sub's), and Gator Dockside (restaurant). Or we can find some other place. I'm not sure if we should get tickets first and then eat or not. Not sure if this movie is going to be popular or not. I guess we should all decide on this. I think that once we decide on where we are eating we should let Mandy know.

Mary

16. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Any of those three sound good to me Mary. As for tickets, it is sometimes hard to figure if they should be purchase before or not. If we don't want to stand in line to get them the night of, we should go ahead and get them before hand. Either way is fine with me.

17. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    I guess we should make this a set meeting so I can email Mandy. So, how does meeting at 9 to get tickets and then dinner at Gator Dockside's. And then on to the movies? Let me know. I would like to email her tomorrow at the latest. :)

Mary.

18. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    It's all set. I have emailed Mandy. It will be officially posted. See everyone Friday night at 9 at the Royal Park Theathers to get the tickets.

Mary

19. Karma

Karma Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2000
    Hi everyone,

Karma from the Daytona Fan Force here.

Was wondering if you might know a long-lost associate of mine. I met him at C2, we spoke briefly and then emailed a few times, and then he dropped off the face of the earth. Nice guy, mid to late 20s, worked at or managed a movie theater in G-ville. If I recall correctly he had light/blonde hair, light beard (maybe a goatee?). And of course, he was a Star Wars fan.

Sound like anyone you G-Ville FF members might know?

20. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Sorry I was not able to attend. I had a previous engagement. I plan on making the next one.

Sorry again,
    Darren

21. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Now that it's May does anyone want to do anything this month?

Mary

22. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That sounds good. Have to think what we can do this month. Any ideas.

23. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Could be a possibility... however, Eckerd is being sold to CVS and I am looking for work. Let me know what your plans are.
    Best,
    Darren

24. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    however, Eckerd is being sold to CVS Wow I hadn't heard about that. I know in Alachua they just built a new Eckerds. Good luck in job hunting.

25. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Darren, I'm sorry to here about your job situation. I hope you can find something soon. Good luck.

Does anyone have any ideas about what they want to do this time? There are some good movies coming out that I want to see. But there might be some other things we can do.

Mary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.