main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Look Back, a short Ani and Jaina Solo fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SoloFel_RebelGirl, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFel_RebelGirl

SoloFel_RebelGirl Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2005
    here's my final update:

She found it. She shuddered; the darkness felt so cold, demanding, wrong. The tree was nearby; it wouldn?t take her long to reach it. She started walking. It took her only 10 standard minutes to find it, though a tree pouring out Force energy is pretty hard to miss.

She stopped in front of the tree, and was shocked when she found herself trembling. Stop it! It?s only a tree! You?re being foolish! She shook her head to clear it and checked her belt to make sure her lightsaber was securely clipped on. Though her Uncle had told her that it wouldn?t be necessary, she didn?t want to take any chances with the big spiders that were native here.

She took a moment to get her emotional guards up. She didn?t know what would happen in there, she only knew what had happened to her Uncle when Master Yoda had told him to enter. She thought back to that moment, the moment when Luke Skywalker had entered and fought what he thought was Darth Vader. The moment when he sliced ?Vader?s? head off and the helmet rolled to a stop at his feet. The moment when the helmet cracked open and Luke saw his own face staring back at him.

But that was his history. Not hers. Not hers, Jaina Solo, who didn?t have a Jedi Master to guide her on this seemingly hostile planet.

Stop it! You?re stalling!

She started inside. The tree had a damp, rotting smell. She pushed pass vines and webs as she worked deeper and deeper inside this Force-thing. She froze when she heard a noise behind her.

?Jaina.?

The way the voice said it, it wasn?t a question. Jaina drew in a shaky breath as she turned around to face the source of the word, which was so strange, yet so painfully familiar.

?Anakin?? She called her little brother?s name, hoping, yet refusing to let herself hope. ?Anakin, is that you??

A boy stepped out of the shadows. He looked exactly the way he had the moment he died. He dark brown hair was the same, the well-worn Jedi tunic was the same, and the ice-blue eyes, the eyes that Jaina had so often stared into, wondering what was going on behind them, those where identical to the way she remembered him.

?Anakin! Anakin, I missed you so much!? She cried as she reached out to grab him, to hold him to her the way she used to. The way she did before he sacrificed himself on Myrkyr, to save her and others.

He stepped back. ?No, Jaina, don?t touch me.?

She looked at him, confused. ?Why not?? One part of her told her to go over and hug him anyway. The other part, her practical fighter-pilot part, told her to get out of the cave. ?Anakin, how are we having this conversation? You?re...dead.?

He looked at her, those cold blue eyes piercing her. ?Yes, I am, but in here, in this tree where there?s so much Force concentration, I?m as real as the Force.?

Jaina felt a surge of hope. ?Come back with me, Anakin, I can take you back with me. Do you know how thrilled Mom and Dad would be? Not to mention Jacen. You should see him, he?s such a strong Jedi now...? She trailed off, waiting for his answer.

He smiled. ?Of course I will come with you, Jaya. But you have to promise me one thing.?

Jaina was thrilled. ?What is it? I?ll do anything!?

Anakin looked more sober. ?I will follow you outside, Jaina, but you must promise that you will not look at me until we?re outside the tree.?

?Fine. Let?s go now,? Jaina said eagerly. She turned towards the exit. ?You?re behind me, right?? She asked, seeking reassurance.

Anakin did not answer. That unnerved her a little bit, but she hadn?t heard him leave, so he had to be following her. She started walking quickly back down the passageway, wanting to get outside as swiftly as she could. She stopped when she didn?t hear footsteps behind her.

?Anakin? You still there??

There was no answer.

?Anakin, I need to know if you?re still following me.? She held out her arm behind her. ?Grab my hand and we?ll get out of here, okay??

Nothing t

2. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    not very popular...oh well. i'm new. it'll get better.

3. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    It will! ::emcourages discouraged padawan::

I don't get THAT many readers, and I've been here a while. :) Things'll shape up. :D

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :_| No, no Anakin! :_|
    Don't leave us again!

Great update, but very sad. It's so realistic. Will there be another update?

5. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Great update, but very sad. It's so realistic. Will there be another update?

thanks! :D but no, that's all there is. there might be a sequel eventually, though, but i've got enough to work on right now...

6. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    I hope there is a sequel. I enjoyed it very much.

7. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    actually, there's a prequel. bad timing, i know. I won't post it, though...i'm told it's a little confusing.

8. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    Confusing or not, I'd like to read it.

9. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    Good, I like it. The story, it seems very reminiscent of a Greek legend. I forgot the name, but it was about a musician who went into the depths of hell to rescue his love. He was told that he could take her back with him if he didn't look at her until they left hell. But he looked back and she turned to stone, forever.

10. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Wow, really?

Actually, i based the whole thing on the Greek legend. :p It's called...oh, what the heck is it called? I forgot now...I'll find it and post it eventually.

11. MoeTharen

MoeTharen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2005
    Wow! That was cool! Great fic! I haven't read about the Solo kids much, but I really liked this. We got the same Master ya know, kinda makes us sisters I guess. :)

-Commander Tharen-

12. Keela_Underwail

Keela_Underwail Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2005
    Don't get discouraged...just keep writing! It's actually pretty great for your first fic, some authors who have been posting for a lot longer aren't that creative. Best of luck to you!

-Keela

13. SoloFel_RebelGirl

Nov 26, 2005
    Thanks! I'm glad you like it. *hugs e-sister- of-sort*

[face_blush]

~The Rebel

14. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    Wow, I never had any idea how Ani looked.

And Jaina you did great with her.

I loved it! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.