main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive look out a newbie *update 1-15-2007 another juhani*

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JadedBrush, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadedBrush

JadedBrush Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2006
    Hi every on just thought my first post should be to actualy contribute to the excellent fan art

The first one is a picture of Visa Mars from KOTOR II

[image=http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8414/clonewarsstylevisamarsbypaintedsamuraibg8.jpg]

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Welcome to the FanArt Forum, JadedBrush!

Excellent drawing. I am not familiar with the character, since I do not own a video game system, but it looks pretty cool.

AG88

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, beautiful! =D=

Welcome to Fan Art, JadedBrush! And you are a "newbie" in "username only"--this is a wonderful piece! I love the pose and the coloring--excellent job! I'm vaguely familiar with this character (only from what I've read/seen here in the art forum), and you seem to have captured her very well! We will certainly be watching your thread for new work--once again, welcome!

FF

4. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Thanks guys here is another on this time of Juhani

[image=http://img434.imageshack.us/img434/3099/juhanijh9.jpg]

5. Zeroun

Zeroun Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2006
    kewl stuff, JB! You've got an awesome style. Keep it comin'!

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, welcome to Fanarts! [:D]

They look really good!

About your drawings:

Visa has too big forearms, but that could also be due to the style you are drawing.
    But I just love her shoes! [face_love] I so can't draw feet/shoes!

In my opinion, Juhani's head is too big for her body and her hands are too small, but I love the pose, so full of action. You might want to make the blades of her lightsabers longer.
    What I like the most about the drawing are the details on her clothes, her eyes and esp the play of light and shadow on her hair. (another thing I'm not very good at)

Great start! =D= Looking forward to more! :)

7. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Hi guys thanks for all the great comments and the advice

Anyways here is the last one for the week.

This is kinda a self portait of me as a jedi

[image=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1555/tyradamabypaintedsamurauc5.jpg]

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, that looks great! Again, I like the light/shadow, esp on his robe. =D=

Just one little piece of advice: You can edit the title/header of your first post and put something there like *update: 12/29*. Then others who are interested into your work would know when you've got more up, cause most people here at Fanarts only look at the header and don't check the thread itself.

9. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    thanks i did not know that

10. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Nice new pieces, JadedBrush! I especially like the "self-portrait!" Very cool, and I, too, like the robes!

Chilla speaks truly--it's much easier for all of us here to see that you have new work up if you go back to your very first post, then hit the "Edit Message" button there at the bottom of the post: this will open up that message again, and you can change the Subject line, adding in a date and description, if desired, of your latest post. This will alert everyone visiting the forum that you have new work up, and we won't miss it!

I agree that some of the physical proportions are off with Juhani, but I also love the way you've posed and shaded her--this is a very "Aurra Sing"-looking character, full of energy and threat! If you're interested in a great site that offers some tutorials for physical proportions, I'd be happy to share it--just say the word!

Looking forward to some more!

FF

11. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    Welcome to fan art Jaded Brush, and beautiful drawings!!! I have to agree with FF, the self portrait is my favorite! :)

I look foreword to seeing more!

God bless you!
    ~N

12. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Hi guys i was digging through my archives and found this one.

Another juhani

[image=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6231/starwarsanimedesignbypazn8.jpg]

13. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    That sounds great i would appreciate the link.

14. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Very much like the newest Juhani piece--are these done in pen-and-ink...? The lines are very bold and clean--well done!

And that link is here--if you look at the site index along this first page, you'll find basic tutorials for everything! It's an awesome site--hope it's of some use!

FF

15. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    They were originaly done in pencil then inked with faber-castle drawing pens

16. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Heres a new one

After playing KOTOR II i was obsessed with the look of Darth Nihlus

I thought i would give him a shot

I thought the mask in the game was not fear inspireing enough so i modified just a bit.

[image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4871/darthnihlusbypaintedsamuh0.jpg]

17. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job on Nihlus. I did him recently. I found him difficult to draw for some reason.

AG88

18. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    yeah i know what you mean, that damn mask of his bugged me thats why i modeld more after a human skull. After all a sith lord is supposed to inspire fear.

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    There's a scary face! lol! Great job with Nihlus, JadeBrush! I'm not really familiar with this character, outside of what some of our artists have been able to impart here in our forum--but he definitely looks threatening to me!

FF

20. Nidrail

Nidrail Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2005
    :eek:

I need a face_terror now :D
    You've certainly given him a terrifying appearance. He's always been ugly-- and you made him even better! GJ! Your artwork is all very stylistic and beautiful. I love the lines--its all very comic book styled, I think, and I love it. :)

God bless you and Happy New Year!

21. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Hi guys just got back from work and thought i would post another one

This time the character Handmaiden from KOTOR II

[image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/6294/handmaindenbypaintedsamqt7.jpg]

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, pretty! And I apologize for not getting in here sooner to comment on this, JadedBrush!

I love the way this is colored--beautiful shading and coloring (was this digitally colored, or done in traditional media?)--and her stance is very natural. The hand looks very small, but really--with the stylized look of her, it's not a big issue. I'm not familiar with the game, so don't know those characters--but I like the expression on this woman's face: almost a "You're gonna get your @$$ kicked if you try anything" kind of expression! lol! ;) Nice!

FF

23. JadedBrush

Dec 26, 2006
    Thanks for the praise

I am currently working on another Visas hopefully i will have the inked work scanned shortly

in the meantime here is another
    Juahni

[image=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/1340/yetanotherjuhanibypaintaz8.jpg]

This time done in the Bruce Timm syle

The Handmaiden was drawn by hand and then colored in PS 6

24. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    I really like your line quality! Can't wait to see the inking of the latest one!

25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Most kewl! I like the tattoos on her face, and her expression is very contained, yet malicious--good mood going there--it's going to be great to see this one colored! =D= Very nice!

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.