main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look what I found!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Micah333, Sep 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micah333

Micah333 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    I'm Sarah, from the Springs. A junior in HS. I would luv to get together with you guys, but unfortunatly unless I give my parents a really good reason (other than the fate of the galaxy is in my hands) I doubt they would let me go to Denver to get together with you guys. However I'm still trying...

It's nice meeting you Bill. Where else do you post on the JC?

==========

Awe...how cute!!! The memories it brings back...

<please note that I am completely disregarding the fact that I wasn't around way back when>

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Good job Micah, besides QGD has been slacking off on giving Sarah crap, so someone has to step up to the job.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    You wanna fight punk? Huh?

LOL. Don't worry about it, I'll drag up some old posts with every one else in them ;)

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Ahem, here is what I found... :D

hi all, just wondering what kind of cool jedi live in the area. i live in thornton with my girl friend and our three cats .i am a drummer in a local band, and a drywall contractor . did i mention i love star wars. we like to collect toys games and books . and every thing else s.w. my girlfriend collects female action figures also .i dont have much time for any thing that doesnt include star wars or music . not sure how this works so ill save this in my favs and check it later mtfbwy

Hmmm... cats, must be Darth_Hair!

5. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    thats funny ! i'll dig up some dirt !

6. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    ok check this out

Good afternoon, all. My name is Tim. I'm not sure why I'm gonna do this, but it's crowin' & gut-spillin' time.....My wife and five dogs(kids)live outside of Golden. My main focus(other than the aforementioned)has been the realistic saving of creatures, especially the rhinos and man's best friend. I have been so enthralled with SW for years that I've never sought another fictional venue in earnest. As a child, I was brought up to believe that what goes around comes around, that you must live striving to be better everyday, that you face your mistakes, that you try not to repeat them and that your words should belay your unpinnings. As an example, I told my wife when I met her that I was her third and last husband and that she was my first and only wife(we have been together now for a decade & she refers to me as "hubby-wan-kenobi".) I have been seen by most as a hopeless dreamer, but I truly believe that imagination and effort will prevail over most mundane situations, and that the true human spirit we should all reach for is, quite frankly, the Jedi code. Throughout my life, I have always believed in God...nothing else, just God, which to me is essentially the "Force". I also believe that all the energy that has ever been will ever be....like the man said "it just changes form". I believe that the mind can indeed cure the body(as a medical-type, I've seen that power at work)and I fully believe that a spirit that has gone before is not gone....only waiting patiently in the wings, guiding us in ways we can only imagine. Death reciprocates life, and it is indeed the living of life that matters. I value the struggle of righteousness, the humility that exudes from human learning and hold in great disdain any life that harbors ill against another. Life without honour and compassion is not a life worth living, in my view. In our current struggles as a race, is it not odd how many nations have risen up to fight a horrid evil.....much like a vast hollywood galaxy once did? I find the silver screen capable of personifying more reality than we often wish to admit. I know, especially with these words, that I am looked at with a cautious eye, but then, why shouldn't I be viewed that way? How many times have you seen a person put their heart on display in this manner? How many times have you witnessed a person that really strove to live up to their words, tried valiantly to never repeat his mistakes, put his life on the line for what he believes in, stay true to his mate for life, and faced hopeless fights only to rise from the turf to fight on? I have done all these things and more....and I will do better tomorrow. I am a good man, I live to be a better man everyday, and I am damn proud to do so. I have never had cause to speak thus, but maybe you folks can understand. I have always believed that one of the reasons that so many people were drawn to SW was simply because they wanted to believe in heroes, villians, the struggle, hope and a sense of purpose. I am immersed in reality, I have always been and I believe further that it has given me a unique insight into life....real life. Not many push the envelope as hard as I, unfortunately. In so many ways, I am Jedi, manifest in the most human sense. I struggle to come to terms with the universe, what is good and evil, seeking out how to find balance in my mundane life with my fellow humans. As a 12 year Marine veteran, I realized that I was a lot closer to the 'code' than I wanted to admit. I took up the banner of the Marines because I realized that inactivity is the greatest downfall, that defense of others is the greatest task, that evil must be challenged and beat back, and that freedom is the epitome of existence. Strive mightily, fear not the burdens or the mistakes, pick up the pack and carry on. Is it preposterous that I mince reality and fiction? I think not. Truth is, indeed, often stranger than fiction. I have put these words down to get it off my chest....I have striven for my whole life to be the best man I can possibly be, and it is wholly ironic to

7. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    [face_shocked] damn!!!!!

:) tim - that is so cool.

good find DH

8. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Wow...where is Jennifer? I need more estrogen :), that about made me cry.....I hardly ever do that....

........and I always thought I was such a stand up kind of a gal......huh....may need to explore that a bit.

9. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Why, are the hot flashes coming back?

BTW-Where are you guys finding this stuff?

10. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Geez, DH....I didn't think anyone would ever dredge that up.......FLOL!!!!! Gotta learn to hide my posts better!

11. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    someone wanna summarize? I ain't readin all that crap! (not that the content itself was crap mind you).

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    You try summarizing Tim! It's kind of like trying to pin a ribbon on tazmanian devil.

13. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    THat's why I wrote it so long and drawn out so no one would actually read it....I just wanted to get it off my chest....FLOL!!!!

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Since I never did find out where they found it, I'll just up this thread to embarrass them some more :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.